Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Civ

DOOM Just Updated

DOOM just got an 82.3 MB update through Steam.
Any info on what might've been changed/added/fixed? For some reason hasn't gotten an update changelog.

Thank god, finally. Now people can actually have a hope of fixing problems instead of flipping options on and off and inevitably being sad when it doesn't work.

Seems like as games get more complex they get buggier. I imagine in the future the bug fixes will happen on the fly.

Surprised they didn't already have a crash dump log system in place.

Oh well..

Thanks, I just opened Steam when I saw this thread and let it take care of its thing.

Whatever it affected just made the issue I was having even worse. Now, instead of a mere random shutdown, the game outright freezes and then forces my entire screen to black. Ctrl Alt Del-ing doesn't even pull me out of it. This issue didn't even occur once until this patch came through. This is ridiculous, and I've about had it with Id-Thesda. I've never had this many issues with a game before, even one in alpha or beta...but this is a full on release we're talking about here. It barely feels like it was really finished on time before it hit store shelves...

StevieCybernetik said:

Whatever it affected just made the issue I was having even worse. Now, instead of a mere random shutdown, the game outright freezes and then forces my entire screen to black. Ctrl Alt Del-ing doesn't even pull me out of it. This issue didn't even occur once until this patch came through. This is ridiculous, and I've about had it with Id-Thesda. I've never had this many issues with a game before, even one in alpha or beta...but this is a full on release we're talking about here. It barely feels like it was really finished on time before it hit store shelves...

Sounds more like a personal problem. That's not normal at all, and certainly not what others experience (an actual crash dialogue, assuming if it does).

StevieCybernetik said:

My buddy hasn't been able to play since release. Hundreds of people are crashing outright or about 5 minutes in. He's been in constant contact vie email. Bethesda's clueless about what's causing it.

Can somebody tell me how to update the game ?

I've searched everywhere and can't find it..

You DON'T update the game... Steam does it for you.