Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
massivefanofdoom

Sequels / Prequels

I refuse to believe all the indepth lore and such a cliffhanger ending ('until we meet again' in particular') does not lead to either a massive sequel or a DLC xpac in the near future. So much to expand on.

We can go back in time, do a prequel up to where doomslayer is imprisoned at the end of the 3rd Age. Things that can be included:

seraphim (angels or same race as the night sentinels and doomslayer?)
hell priests / deag grav
'betrayer' / his son
wraiths / night sentinels / argent d'nur
icon of sin
'the wretch who shall not be named' - gave doomslayer his armor
guardian (a demon like the doom 3 one or a seraphim / night sentinel?) - he slew the 'great serpent' in the first age, according to the ingame lore the hell knights were like the royal guard of this dark lord. Think tathamet from diablo series if any of you are familiar with that.
Titan - The Great One
Shadow and Sleeper (were in the game codex files, removed at release?)
Balgaar species of demon and their champion (who later becomes the cyberdemon)
dark lords of hell
buhavac
ul thranx demons
dark lord of the 4th age

Locations of hell:

umbral/desolate plains
penumbral plains
great steppes
the corrax/temple
blood temples - obsidian pillars
lake of fire
blood pools of angrax (angrax could be a separate small planet in hell like the reddish moon we see ingame)
9 circles of hell
'ungmar codex' - ungmar being a location?
kadingir / blood keep
tower of babel / SM crypt-tower reference

It could be one big prequel or split into 3, one for each age.

First age: A massive civil war in hell ensues with each dark lord of the
9 circles of hell vying for control and the doomslayer revels in the chaos. Most of them are killed (so many ideas for bosses) and the remaining 2 make a truce and try to take over the doomslayer's race and dimension. These are the dark lord of fire and the great serpent. Ends with Great Serpent / Guardian battle. Guardian is a seraphim who bestows the armor and sword (crucible) to the doomslayer. He is sacrificed in the process and becomes blinded by the demons and turned into one of them (aka doom 3 guardian). The doomslayer vows for revenge on the demons, the guardian was a sort of father figure and friend to him. Of course, we are the guardian in this one. And the doomslayer is his successor.

Second age: The doomslayer ventures into hell to put his old friend out of his misery, unwillingly. On the way he fights through many different areas of hell and slays the lord of fire.

Third age: The war for argent d'nur continues. The balgaars and their champion are killed. The night sentinels and betrayed and the wraith energy is stolen. The icon of sin ravages the city after the wraiths are imprisoned and engulfs it into hell at the cost of him becoming the dormant demon we see now, until the 'Call of ages' comes for him to reawaken. The titan is birthed from this argent energy and becomes their supreme unified leader, until doomslayer destroys him and the hell priests spring their trap and entomb him and choose the 'unknown dark lord of the 4th age' as their leader and the 4th age begins. Set 2000-3000 years before humanity forms the UAC.

Or a sequel where hayden does whatever he does with the crucible and we tie in to doom 2.

Locations: phobos, deimos, earth and small part in hell (icon of sin / dark lord of the 4th age)

Enemies: arachnotrons - spectres - pain ele - archvile

How hayden and the icon of sin / dark lord of hell tie in is anyone's guess. And how he is a 'dark priest' and not an ordinary human in a robotic husk, is even more confusing. This from the game's lore:

"Could he be demon kin, spawned from the loin of a grotesque infidel?
Yet, the seal of the heretic binds him. His origin is as dark as his coming."

"The power held within the Crucible will punish man-born and demon kin alike.
It will crush the divide. It will corrupt all realms. It will create the monster.
It must never be found."

"Yet even as the Doom Slayer revels in the spoils of his war, another shall rise from the fires: a dark priest consumed by the Crucible. And even the Doom Slayer shall weep in his shadow."

Question is, what is hayden going to do? He activates the crucible into the legendary sword and walks off as if he is going to battle. He obviously wants to harvest argent energy again. I am thinking they will do something like malthael in diablo 3 ROS, who wasn't inherently evil and had good intentions but used questionable means to go about meeting his ends. How will doomslayer get rid of the tethering / failsafe mechanism? More importantly, has he been sent back to hell or some other dimension? Or even, back in time? What will become of the crucible? Will the helix stone be important?

Prequel! I am really curious how Doomguy defeats the titan and i'm really curious about the Night Sentinel's weaponry. Do Doomguy use swords and shields? guns or both? Who knows~

definitely a prequel. I desire more lore on DooM. It's so awesome. Doom before had so little story but now It's like It's become an epic. I wanna know how and why one human managed to defeat hell numerous times and how he was entombed. The story -for me the is- is so rich that I desire for more.

HellVain said:

definitely a prequel. I desire more lore on DooM. It's so awesome. Doom before had so little story but now It's like It's become an epic. I wanna know how and why one human managed to defeat hell numerous times and how he was entombed. The story -for me the is- is so rich that I desire for more.

If prequel... I think we going to use swords instead of guns ala Hexen.

Chickensoup101 said:

Prequel! I am really curious how Doomguy defeats the titan and i'm really curious about the Night Sentinel's weaponry. Do Doomguy use swords and shields? guns or both? Who knows~

"And in his terrible rancor between worlds and through time, the Hell Walker found the wretch who shall not be named, but in his heresy was loyal to his evil cause. The wretch adorned the Doom Slayer in a mighty armor, wrought in the forges of Hell, impenetrable and unyielding. With sword and shield of adamantine strength, the Doom Slayer set to banishing all that were left unbroken by his savagery to the void."

sword = crucible?
mighty armor = praetor suit?
shield = ??

If a prequel were to have swords instead of guns and Night Sentinels aiding you, it MIGHT feel like a CoD game.

But I'm all up for a prequel!

Voros said:

If a prequel were to have swords instead of guns and Night Sentinels aiding you, it MIGHT feel like a CoD game.

But I'm all up for a prequel!

How would a prequel fit in weapons-wise? Will it be heretic / hexen style and will it still feel doom? ALso some monsters will not make sense, like mancubus / revenant as these were UAC creations.

But weapons wise ... all I can think of is the crucible-come-sword instead of the chainsaw (same 1 hit kill, same small ammo capacity and ammo used depends on monster size) and as for the bfg, that could be replaced by a demon staff like the one in ROTT or a thor style hammer that emites 5 lightning beams and has a cooldown or carries the same amount, again, like in this game. The plasma gun - hellstaff style like in heretic or bloodscourge like in hexen. HAR - something like the dragon claw in heretic. Rocket launcher - 'titan's maw' that shoots fireballs.

Any ideas of what would replace the shotguns, pistol, chaingun, gauss?

You really want to replace the shotgun in Doom?

I am not that much interested in the Doom story. So if i missed the point then sorry. But why should everything be historical if they went back in history? The preator suit looks very technical. Isnt this the suit what the doomslayer used in his former fights too? Why should he fight with swords and a staff while wearing such a amor?

Otus said:

You really want to replace the shotgun in Doom?

I am not that much interested in the Doom story. So if i missed the point then sorry. But why should everything be historical if they went back in history? The preator suit looks very technical. Isnt this the suit what the doomslayer used in his former fights too? Why should he fight with swords and a staff while wearing such a amor?

Well shotguns date to a long time back, so they can fit in. An sxs double barrel that is. Chaingun, come to think of it, can be a portable old world cannon.

Serpent staff - fires DOT poison bolts
Dark staff - fires purple/black hell energy balls similar to bfg but with less damage (bridge between bfg and lesser powerful guns)
Infernal Crossbow - shotgun replacement
Argent Trident - gauss replacement
9 Circle Scourge - takes a second to load, but each 'ram demon head' sends a reddish-pink fast moving energy ball that shreds things
Ripper - sends spinning homing shurikens
Axe like hexen quietus - blue fireballs of holy energy

The mods for the rocket launcher / titan's maw btw ... one is an arcing grenade launcer that is more accurate and is a huge ball of magma that lands and spreads a short acting volcano / earthquake with DOT. The other one sends an orange spikey fireball that will shoot out other fireballs if / when it kills the target.

I would like to think that if the sword is usable It would be something like this:

(yeah I love Demonsteele)