Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CrazyDoomguy

Someone create MegaWAD slaughterfest?

Someone build a megawad like slaughterfest? If yes, can I join into the group (I can include 2-3 new maps)? Because I have many parts and it would be hard (impossible) pass this map with TAS. Or I should better make self map IGTH2?

If you want we can make a slaughterfest megawad together.

DoomLover234 said:

If you want we can make a slaughterfest megawad together.

Ok thank :) I have asked Ninehills42, he make slaughterfest too. If he accept, then we can third make WAD like slaughterfest. Communication and change files will be on skype.

yaqxsw said:

Ok thank :) I have asked Ninehills42, he make slaughterfest too. If he accept, then we can third make WAD like slaughterfest. Communication and change files will be on skype.

I don't have Skype. How about we do it in Private Messages on here? I already sent you a PM.

DoomLover234 said:

I don't have Skype. How about we do it in Private Messages on here? I already sent you a PM.

Ok, I have answer it :)

Okay, after some thought, I am dropping out.

I cannot make that extreme slaughtermaps.

I'm very sorry, yaqxsw.

DoomLover234 said:

Okay, after some thought, I am dropping out.

I cannot make that extreme slaughtermaps.

I'm very sorry, yaqxsw.

Ok, it can happen :)

How hard can it be?
Make a large sector. Add lots of monsters. Add some items. Add the player starts. Then whatever extra you wish.

TBH, I don't see the point of making slaughterfest megawad. We can barely play through one without cheating, but 30 levels? Don't tell me the boss level will a slaughterfest map.
Edit-ooh, I like that idea. Make MAP30.

Edit-why don't you just take Nuts1,2,3 and 100000 Revenants and merge em in one wad.

Voros said:

How hard can it be?
Make a large sector. Add lots of monsters. Add some items. Add the player starts. Then whatever extra you wish.

Good recipe for a bad slaughtermap.

Voros said:

TBH, I don't see the point of making slaughterfest megawad. We can barely play through one without cheating, but 30 levels? Don't tell me the boss level will a slaughterfest map.

Slaughtermaps don't really have to be impossible. Most people could get a lot better at them with knowledge of important fundamentals, and practice.

yaqxsw said:

Slaughterfest is a WAD with many monsters, for example over 1000 in one room.

Also no.

40oz said:

Also no.

Can you explain, what is your opinion "slaughterfest"?

To threat: I have time and I can wait. But if I finish my map and publish this, then I cant add this into new Megawad.

yaqxsw said:

Can you explain, what is your opinion "slaughterfest"?

Look at this video. This is a map from Slaughterfest 2012. As you can see it's way more interesting than just a room with 1000 monsters:

Why not just use OBLIGE to generate some slaughter megawads if you just want to kill?

Glaice said:

Why not just use OBLIGE to generate some slaughter megawads if you just want to kill?

I wonder what kind of settings would work best for something akin to HR (without the set piece battle aspect of course, we can't have everything). I tried some but it's difficult to predict if you'll have too much/not enough ammo and health with hardest monster settings.

You shouldn't be proud of just shoving a thousand monsters into a map, that's not how you get attention.

joe-ilya said:

You shouldn't be proud of just shoving a thousand monsters into a map, that's not how you get attention.

I'm not a big fan of these hardcore grindfests either, but to yaqxsw's credit: He did more than just lazily throwing a couple thousand monsters into big rooms. Considering that it was his first ever slaughter level, it was rather well received (by the few who looked at it), since he had put some thoughts into fight setups.

EDIT: For reference: https://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/87689-hard-wad-igth-1-map/

Kira said:

I wonder what kind of settings would work best for something akin to HR (without the set piece battle aspect of course, we can't have everything). I tried some but it's difficult to predict if you'll have too much/not enough ammo and health with hardest monster settings.

Hordes/Normal strength/Normal ammo/Less or Scarce health.

Kira said:

I've found that generating a good "tons of tough monsters" experience with OBLIGE is probably not possible. But you can get some sort experience, that's for sure!

OBLIGE balances health and ammo to the monster count/toughness, so if you turn the monsters all the way up and leave health/ammo at Normal, there will still be health and ammo spammed all over the map. The problem then is that you usually won't be given the weapons to go with the ammo at the start of the level, and there will be tons of monsters between the start and the weapons. And if you do get sufficient weapons, most of the fighting happens through doors anyhow.

But I've lurked the OBLIGE forums and know that Glaice has modded OBLIGE and probably knows a great deal more than I. :)

Sure Bowb said:

I'm not a big fan of these hardcore grindfests either, but to yaqxsw's credit: He did more than just lazily throwing a couple thousand monsters into big rooms. Considering that it was his first ever slaughter level, it was rather well received (by the few who looked at it), since he had put some thoughts into fight setups.

EDIT: For reference: https://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/87689-hard-wad-igth-1-map/

I still have to try it (and I suck at Doom right now, thanks to my years of having it on the side, so I am still catching up) but yeah, it seems his first wad was encouraging. Mostly correcting a misleading description just in case, as far as I am concerned. Besides, I am sure yaqxsw just went with the shortest explanation as he doesn't sound proficient (yet) with English.

Glaice said:

Hordes/Normal strength/Normal ammo/Less or Scarce health.

Tried a level with those settings and it gave a decent result, thanks!

Benjogami said:

The problem then is that you usually won't be given the weapons to go with the ammo at the start of the level, and there will be tons of monsters between the start and the weapons.

That's the kind of experience I like as having to rush through hordes while attempting to create safe areas feels satisfying when you prevail, somehow.

Thanks guys! If I have anything more to say on this subject I'll create a thread as I am currently parasitizing this one.

Im good player and I not need OBLIGE because I test my map from beginn to end. Ammos and health are enough, but need take these clever or it will end fast.

I still have to try it (and I suck at Doom right now, thanks to my years of having it on the side, so I am still catching up) but yeah, it seems his first wad was encouraging. Mostly correcting a misleading description just in case, as far as I am concerned. Besides, I am sure yaqxsw just went with the shortest explanation as he doesn't sound proficient (yet) with English.

Here is Idgame archive https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/g-i/igth
Also it complete checked about missing texture and other thing like author right.

About description yes, I try write short because my english. At school I dont liked english, but in forum I learn english :)

You havent looked my map, then why you make critic? On doomworld exist different players with different skill.

- If someone have interest try my first level, then he can write and I will send him WAD. If not interest, then he dont need write.

Look at this video. This is a map from Slaughterfest 2012. As you can see it's way more interesting than just a room with 1000 monsters:

Probably my WAD looks like slaughterfest... if this not, then I will call my style battlefest. Battlefest mean many monsters, more battle chaos and more extreme.

yaqxsw said:

Probably my WAD looks like slaughterfest... if this not, then I will call my style battlefest. Battlefest mean many monsters, more battle chaos and more extreme.

Nah don't worry, your style seems to suit the "slaughterfest" term. I'll try your map when I'll suck less. If it's in a while I'll make sure to review it for you on idgames.