Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooMBoy

Colored Water

I was just wondering how you make water colored while you're under it? I can the deep water effect to work fine in ZDoomHexen mode, but I was wondering how you make it colored?

dehacked.

OR you can take the easy way out and use edge sector tags, but no one plays with edge.

Make another sector with the sector set_color attribute with the color that you want and make the tag the same tag as your underwater sector.

I didn't try it but it sounds logical.

DooMBoy said:

I was just wondering how you make water colored while you're under it? I can the deep water effect to work fine in ZDoomHexen mode, but I was wondering how you make it colored?

Shit, you never did look at that example wad I sent you, did you. The water is colored in that one, lightly "blued" and lightly fogged. My email which I sent with it said exactly how to do this effect. Didn't we also have a complete thread very recently on this precise subject?

Also, why the h... do you never answer your email, DoomMBoy? I put quite a bit of work into those emails about your wad and it's annoying to think that you never read them.

Biffy said:

Shit, you never did look at that example wad I sent you, did you. The water is colored in that one, lightly "blued" and lightly fogged. My email which I sent with it said exactly how to do this effect. Didn't we also have a complete thread very recently on this precise subject?

Also, why the h... do you never answer your email, DoomMBoy? I put quite a bit of work into those emails about your wad and it's annoying to think that you never read them.

Calm down, it's DooMBoy.

boris said:

Calm down, it's DooMBoy.

OK. But...let's see if he even manages to come back to this thread and reply! And I thought his "title" was only a joke...

Biff, I've looked at the wads you've sent me and from them I've learned to do the deep water trick. However, I couldn't figure out how to do it. Darkstalker's simple explanation seems to work.

Calm down, it's DooMBoy.

Fuck you.

DooMBoy said:

Biff, I've looked at the wads you've sent me and from them I've learned to do the deep water trick. However, I couldn't figure out how to do it. Darkstalker's simple explanation seems to work.

Well, you were supposed to read the email accompanying the example wad. In it I pointed your attention to the specific transfer heights line in the little triangle sector, and expected you to actually use an editor to look at that line while reading my few sentences about the coloring and fogging. Nothing should be simpler than having it handed to you on a platter.

My other comment would be to ask you to "tighten up" your act a little. In my third email to you, I specifically asked you if you had received my other mails, and asked, "Please reply". You didn't, and I'd call that "bad manners".

Uh, Biff, sorry if I didn't respond to your e-mails. I've been so busy here lately I've not gotten around to it. Terribly sorry :(

OK. FYI, no lengthy email response is necessary, but a quick, "Yeah, got them, thanks" is what most people might expect.