Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SladeTheAssassin

I am starting to think, Not every gave DOOM 3 & DOOM 4 A fair chance.

I am now noticing a lot of people are returning to DOOM 3 just right after The new DOOM, i am thinking why did you all critcized the DOOM 4(cancelled version) when no gameplay was shown, yet when call of duty it's get a free pass.

You know you ar ehurting the DOOM franchise by doing this right?

that's not a good thing if you all didn't gave DOOM 3 a fair chance, otherwise we would of had are DOOM 4 hell on earth game with a horror approach, this time, but now we may never get one due to the amount this game got.

why did you all due that in the first place?

seems silly when call of duty gets a free pass.

now i understand why john team left the studio.

No offense to the fans.

Call of Duty gets a free pass because:

A. it doesn't

B. it already drowned in the pretense of mockery

C. you're talking to people who don't actually like Doom, be it Ultimate, 2, Final, 64, 3, or 4, and prefer their click-on-people games extremely straight-forward and simple

depending on who you're talking to. Around here, A and B are most definitely the majority.

And my post still stands as called...

HavoX said:

CoD is an overrated franchise anyway.

Trying to make a Doom game that makes everyone happy is like herding cats. For me, I absolutely love Doom 3 and Doom 2016 is incredible. Ultimately I am happy that Doom continues to thrive after all these years. I remember in 1993 when I first sat down to play Doom and I was instantly hooked ever since.

The problem with Doom 3 and DOOM is that people were expecting a game that's fast-paced like old Doom and Doom 2, in particular the recent reboot, i've seen people saying it's horrible, that it doesn't feel like Doom.

OP, I don't get what you're talking about.

I love Doom 3. It didn't feel like a CoD game for me, since it went in the approach of the classic"one man army". And it fresh too, with the horror elements shining.

Call of Duty is Call of Duty. We know what to expect because that's what the franschise is about:wars. Just like Halo is Halo.

But Doom is Doom. And frankly, Doom 4(not Doom 2016) felt like CoD right from the start. The characters, cutscenes, doomguy himself. Everyone agreed that it felt like CoD rather than Doom.

J.B.R said:

The problem with Doom 3 and DOOM is that people were expecting a game that's fast-paced like old Doom and Doom 2, in particular the recent reboot, i've seen people saying it's horrible, that it doesn't feel like Doom.

i just don't understand why they keep mentioning that? "Doesn't feel like DOOM"?

What does that even mean when DOOM 3 And DOOM 2016 doesn't feel like DOOM?

Does it have to be Remake To be considered DOOM?

What does that mean, can you tell me?

I don't DOOM gamers understand what that means, when they don't give out a very good reason.

DOOM 3 And DOOM 2016 are made by two different teams and i imagine the next one DOOM game will be the same postion.

DOOM 3 was made by the john team.

DOOM 2016 was made by marty team.

The next one will be made by marty team or a new team.

He's saying people aren't treating Doom 3 and Doom 2016 fairly "because its not Classic Doom".
You don't have to read on any further on this post.
--------------------------

The "John Team" as in Carmack and Romero.
The "Marty Team" as in the modern id Software team.

Tbh, the second and third line seem like complete opposites.

Teams have nothing to do with it.

Arctangent said:

Call of Duty gets a free pass because:

A. it doesn't

B. it already drowned in the pretense of mockery

C. you're talking to people who don't actually like Doom, be it Ultimate, 2, Final, 64, 3, or 4, and prefer their click-on-people games extremely straight-forward and simple

You had me at A.

Voros said:

He's saying people aren't treating Doom 3 and Doom 2016 fairly "because its not Classic Doom".
You don't have to read on any further on this post.
--------------------------

The "John Team" as in Carmack and Romero.
The "Marty Team" as in the modern id Software team.

Tbh, the second and third line seem like complete opposites.

Teams have nothing to do with it.

i am guessing maybe i missunderstood on what people are saying when there is not a valid reason when there is quote " DOOM is not DOOM".

I am also guessing that gamers are stuck in the past with the old DOOM games even though they are different to ones now.

i'm thinking gamers want the same game with all the features and functions to be remade with game in mind under a new engine.

So, OP...

First you complain about Doom 4 not being like the original Call of Duty clone it used to be earlier in development.

And then you also complain about people being stuck in the past.

What??? Doom 3 did quite well, the only reasson it didn't do better because it was released TOO late. It was released way too close to Half Life 2 and HL2 was a much better game.
So Doom 3 only had less than two months to shine. If they had released Doom 3 in 2003 instead of 2004, the history would have been quite different.