Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SharkLordSatan

Halo/Doom.wad (Delayed)

What I'm thinking for the (gun) Zealot is that it'll have the same damage output (as it's basically holding the same weapon as the Minor and Major), but will have more health (or maybe take less damage from weapons, if that's doable).

Just wondering here.

Everything looks cool and all, and progress seems to be made all the time.
But do you guys have a date set for the first release? Or are you just winging it?

Well, since our original release setup has basically gone out the window, it looks like we will be done sometime by next Wednesday depending on what happens and whats left to do.

I can't see a thing in those screenshots. Increase the ambient lighting please, or upload the sprites in a spritesheet.

SharkLordSatan said:

Not exactly, no.
But if you're up to it we could use some proper Energy Sword sprites for when you're wielding it.

I will give it a go when I get a chance. Probably Thursday.

TraceOfSpades said:

I will give it a go when I get a chance. Probably Thursday.

Alright, neato! You can pretty much do it whenever you feel like it as that's what we're more-or-less doing, honestly.

BTW, if any community members want this finished sooner, yopu cas submit art assets. all the code is effectively done, so if you want to contribute you can just make some sprites. Also, I wouldn't say its on hiatus, there is still work being done, just VERY slowly. consider it delayed indefinitely.

As GodFather said, it's basically just being delayed by..well, I don't know how long. But it would definitely help if you guys could help us! Making a entire crossover WAD with only two people - one of which being extremely unmotivated (AKA me) is a daunting task.

I wouldn't blame it on lack of motivation, we're just busy. (albeit we aren't exactly working on this every spare moment) he is working(at a job, I mean), I am getting ready for the massive chain of hunting seasons coming up, we just don't have the time to keep pushing this forward as fast. I would expect things to speed up again in mid-December(with spurts of progress until then) when all my tags are up and we have some more free time before the holidays. until then we will still be doing bits here and there, minor tweaks mostly. I am working on a second demo level so you will have some idea of what state this is in. Don't worry, this will be completed (we don't have that much left honestly, just art and missions). When I saw that we had reached 3000 views, I knew there was no way this would be abandoned.

I was pretty surprised when I saw we had 3k views as well, haha I didn't think this would get THAT much attention from other people

but yeah, we'll mainly be working on this on and off. we only need a little bit of sprites to do (primarily for Covenant enemies) and the rest is mainly music, sounds, levels and artwork for cutscenes.

Delayed, I have the second demo level in an unsatisfactory state, and classes are about to kick off. so don't expect too many great strides until December, (we may slip some things in until then, however) but I will at least get a period of a couple weeks to dedicate on this. Then until summer its gonna be another dry season, but when summer 2017 comes we should be able to finish and release with any luck. So not dead, but delayed by a big margin. If my brief google search on quasar told me anything, its that saying a project is indefinitely delayed leads to cancellation.

Holy sh*t we are at over 3500 views! Yeah, I'm not letting this project die. even if the last few sprites look like they were drawn by a five year old with a broken hand, I.E if I have to open GIMP and select the pencil tool for anything.

Well, is suppose this is getting revived. SLS is back on the forums (although I haven't posted much either) and he seems back into it. Dear god my decorate script is a mess...

SharkLordSatan said:

By the way I'm probably going to make a new thread for this. Just so that we can start new and fresh, you know?

What's wrong with this thread that you need a new one? *shrug*

WildWeasel said:

What's wrong with this thread that you need a new one? *shrug*

Nothing wrong with it, I just want to start a new thread so that it's not cluttered with stuff from the old one.