Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Livo

God, the memories!

I've been going through some drawers in my house trying to find the Doom 2 floppy disks so that I can install it again on my crappy Windows 95 PC via DOS.

I haven't found them yet, but god, I've found so much other stuff that I was into on my old 486. The floppy disks for Command Keen, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Street Fighter 2, Flight Sim 4 and more, plus some of the old printed out manuals for them...I have the fondest memories of playing them heaps and being totally sucked into them. Hell, I think the disks are sound, and that I could install them and play them again if I wanted to.

How about you guys? Any of you found some nostalgic stuff that brings back memories of the good old days?

YES! I've found the Doom 2 floppies and now, it's fully installed. If only I can remember how to run it in DOS.

Spear of Destiny, Secret of Monkey Island, Where in the World is Carmen Sandiago(sp?), Wing Commander, Theme Park...jesus, I've died and gone to heaven :)

the_Danarchist said with way too much enthusiasm.:
ARCTIC BARON

...is too buggy to play...moreso than I previously thought.

heh, a month ago I found an old disc with crap I drew with win 3.1 paintbrush as well as some crappy writing. I also found the heretic shareware disc and blacthorne cd-rom. been debating on trying them on this comp.

I still have the shareware collection that came with my 1992 486 which was the first computer I ever owned. That collection came with Doom, so that's what first got me hooked =)

It also came with King's Quest V, Blake Stone, and Stellar 7. Good times.

Found the original Wolf3d registered disks, the Starglider II and Elite II - The Frontier floppys, too.
Also came across my Streetfighter floppy, and Streetfighter II and Warcraft II on CD.

Dear me, the first two games i bought on CD. Bless them memories.

i have my shareware disk with duke nukem 1 and 2 on it and my blake stone shareware disk......plus halloween harry ^^

Livo said:

YES! I've found the Doom 2 floppies and now, it's fully installed. If only I can remember how to run it in DOS

Screw DOS, run a source port!

I still have my old full version of ROTT somewhere. It also has a bunch of other games like Terminal Velocity (I once had the full version of that too), Wolfenstein, and a few others I can't remember. Somewhere collecting dust is the ol' Apple 2E, and most of the games for that, like Wizardry and a really old text version of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Mr. Chris said:

Screw DOS, run a source port!

Well, when I installed it, I ran it through DOS, then I got ZDoom, so it doesn't really matter now.

Where in the world is Carmen Sandeigo (across 20 floppies)
Keen 4+5
Halloween Harry
King's Quest 5,6
Indiana jones and the fate of atlantis
Sam & max hit the road
Full Throttle
x-wing

Also, these are some of the most recent games I own.

Insomniac said:

Where in the world is Carmen Sandeigo (across 20 floppies)

That was a great game. I remember playing the weekly game on Prodigy back in the day on my blue-gray monitor.