Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Inside Jokes

Post an inside joke and provide an explanation for it.

I will regularly refer to my buddy as Fart Barkin' Brian.

This came to be a thing last summer when another buddy of ours came by and saw that Brian had parked way down the street. What he didn't know is that that was the closest available place at the time Brian showed up.

So he comes in and goes, "What's up, Far Parking Brian?"

Brian and I both heard "Fart Barkin' Brian" instead. Since then it has just been a thing.

BluePineapple72 said:

Sincerely,

JoeKilledKenney2016

And

Heh

Two for one. I also forgot about the Joekilledkenny2016 thread. That was hilarious.

Here's an in-joke that I actually drew:

And the explanation: You might or might not know of the Dark Seed series of adventure games, starring a character by the name of Mike Dawson (played by a person also named Mike Dawson). During a video streaming session for the Game Club 199X podcast at Hardcore Gaming 101, Snarboo (the player) decided to get himself killed in a stupid way, then immediately restarted the game. However, a glitch in Dark Seed resulted in Mike Dawson not appearing at the start of the game. The bed is empty, and the game attempts to continue without him. However, when the game actually tries to handle interaction, any sound that is playing gets stuck in a loop. During the stream, the line "My head is killing me!" was playing when the freeze happened, so "Ghost Dawson" got himself stuck in an infinite loop of "Head is head is head is head is[...]" until Snarboo closed the game.

Because I'm a complete nut, I downloaded the movie poster for "Ghost Dad" and traced it, except instead of Cosby peeking through the door, it's Mike Dawson (though based on a screenshot from Dark Seed 2, where he is NOT played by Mike Dawson...)

My and my friend call Satan "Stan".
He's the one who started it, so I really don't know why he did. It's probably because he misspelled it or something.

Whenever my grade 9 English/History teacher would get pissed at our class he would stop the class and yell "I'M SORRY, I'M SORRY, THIS IS A SENIOR HIGHSCHOOL!" He would say it so much that it just became a joke every time he would say it and me and my friends would make up jokes about him.

Like for example: Our teacher goes to a army base and accidentally nukes America, he says "LOOK GUYS I'M SORRY, I'M SORRY, I THOUGHT THAT BUTTON TURNED ON THE LIGHTS! IM SORRY!"

TraceOfSpades said:

Explanation?

That's the Taco Bell theme song!

3:16 for extra Taco goodness.

Jihadi Brady.

I am friends with a guy called Brad who is incompetent at spelling to the point where in an exam he managed to misspell assistant manager as asassinat mager (assassinate major), this also mixed with the fact that his wiring diagrams were clusterfucked to the point of looking like bomb blueprints, earning him the title of Jihadi Brady.

Our Pure Maths teacher.

Whenever we have a question and try ask him the question, he justs comes up to the person and says "You stand up". He makes it sound like we're getting punished, so none of us dare to ask(unless we have no choice).

"If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding. How can you have any pudding If you don't eat yer meat?!"

I did this joke an while back with my Father, though I was just doing It jokingly while he provided the sexual terms to them.

Cause, I'm mature, right?

Not really an inside joke, it's more like a small meme of Silent Hill players (and was popularised a bit by GMod Idiot Box).
But thanks to this scene from SH2, sometimes when i see someone saying/doing some weird shit, i say "<name>, have you gone nuts?".

My wife and I give our dog a squirt of melatonin to help her relax when we leave the house for a long time. We jokingly call it "her AIDS medication" and we've become so comfortable saying that to each other that we forget other people dont know what we mean so strangers tend to believe our dog actually has AIDS.

Brandon D. Lade'ing/Pulling a Brandon D. Lade

A DW in-joke used when someone is incredibly picky about the ratings on games in general or WADs on /idgames/, typically under 3 stars. This implies avoiding anything 3 stars or less.

whenever me and my buddy go to play a game we sometimes stop and say "hold on, i'm being forced to go play war thunder"

comes from a really funny and frustrating incident where we waited an hour or two for a friend who said the phrase followed by "i'll be right back".

Guest Unregistered account

"[Person X] killed Henderson."

This came about when me and my friend Max found out we'd both read this incredibly boring teen's book series called Henderson's Boys. Whenever someone said something to us, we'd wait until they walked away and say to each other, "He killed Henderson."

I'm not really sure.

[EDIT]: Now I want my custom title to be, "You killed Henderson!"