Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

"Slayer"

Tritnew said:

Heh, It is a prophet. It's a demonic voice telling the story of Doom Slayer.

Doesn't that same voice show up later in the game, giving orders to the various demons? Sounds it in Deatheye's video.

Perhaps this is a demon from the very beginning who saw what Doomguy/slayer/marine/whatever did and now functions as some sort of leader?

PseudoGold said:

Doesn't that same voice show up later in the game, giving orders to the various demons? Sounds it in Deatheye's video.

Perhaps this is a demon from the very beginning who saw what Doomguy/slayer/marine/whatever did and now functions as some sort of leader?

Supposedly it is the 'unknown dark lord of the 4th age'. Barons are his 'Royal Guard'. 'As their power has grown, it is safe to assume so too, has their master's' - all info from the codex of course.

massivefanofdoom said:

Supposedly it is the 'unknown dark lord of the 4th age'. Barons are his 'Royal Guard'. 'As their power has grown, it is safe to assume so too, has their master's' - all info from the codex of course.

Yeah that's the game's actual explanation for the voice, as opposed to one which is trying to force this game to be a prequel.

Quasar said:

Yeah that's the game's actual explanation for the voice, as opposed to one which is trying to force this game to be a prequel.

I try my best to live and let live, but I must admit everyone's insistence on trying to mix this doom's timeline with all the others is frustrating and bothering me a tad.

I think we will get earth and hell in a sequel / xpac - not even deimos and phobos as the mars section has been done - and then possibly a prequel set in hell and parts of argent d'nur before it was transformed and absorbed.

But what do I know?

massivefanofdoom said:

I try my best to live and let live, but I must admit everyone's insistence on trying to mix this doom's timeline with all the others is frustrating and bothering me a tad.

I think we will get earth and hell in a sequel / xpac - not even deimos and phobos as the mars section has been done - and then possibly a prequel set in hell and parts of argent d'nur before it was transformed and absorbed.

But what do I know?

I don't mind interpretations that try to figure out if the games fit together, as there are so many references thrown in that it's hard to figure out what's being told by the story, and what's just a developer easter egg put in there for fun (and the game deliberately leaves this up to the eye of the beholder by neglecting to distinguish in any fashion), but they at least have to be grounded in the facts presented by the game that are not debatable, like the example of this voice.

I mean, the same voice can also be heard berating Olivia for allowing Samuel to find and recover the Doom Slayer in the Lazarus Labs, so, these are not some prophecies of future happenings. They speak in the past tense, of things that already happened and led up to the Doomguy's entombment.

@Quaser Which is why I left that theory behind. Just let it be at this point, there's no need to remind me how COMPLETELY wrong I was with it all or shove my face in it like "SEE? YOU'RE THEORY IS WRONG AND YOU'RE OPPOSING EVERYONE FOR IT!" like some judge.

I admit that I was wrong, and if I caused any trouble then I'm sorry for it along with going off-topic here. But I just wanted to point that out, I don't want any trouble.

Tritnew said:

People say Doom Slayer because that's the character's name in this DOOM.

This Doomguy might be a entirely different person.

According to a codex entry UAC staff named the person in the tomb "Doom Marine". I think in the restarted storyline by Doom 2016 Slayer and Marine are the same person.

It's not like they were gonna call him 'Doom guy' in the game.

I imagine the guy who calls him "Doomguy" in the labs makes me imagine a stereotypical surfer dude who says "dude" alot.

HellVain said:

I imagine the guy who calls him "Doomguy" in the labs makes me imagine a stereotypical surfer dude who says "dude" alot.

Surf's up dude.

TraceOfSpades said:

Are new doomers seriously referring to Doomguy as Slayer?

"Doomguy" sounds pretty dumb, c'mon. Even though I still use it.

GoatLord said:

"Doomguy" sounds pretty dumb, c'mon. Even though I still use it.

No. Strifeguy sounds dumb.

The player in Heretic has a name.

So does Hexen, in a way (you can call them by their class)

But not in Strife.

Doom slayer..Doom guy....dosen't matter cos he is a prick who only destroys everything....how dared he destroy argent accumulators - a hard work of many years were trashed cos of this asshole. I'm pissed! I'm totally on Hayden's and UAC side! I do really hope that demons will eventually capture him and rape in the AAS for eternity! Hail SATAN! Hail UAC! Hail ARGENT ENERGY!!!!!!

id.dav said:

Doom slayer..Doom guy....dosen't matter cos he is a prick who only destroys everything....how dared he destroy argent accumulators - a hard work of many years were trashed cos of this asshole. I'm pissed! I'm totally on Hayden's and UAC side! I do really hope that demons will eventually capture him and rape in the AAS for eternity! Hail SATAN! Hail UAC! Hail ARGENT ENERGY!!!!!!

Stern but fair, it's always engaging to hear both sides on an issue.

id.dav said:

Hail UAC! Hail ARGENT ENERGY!!!!!!

While replaying the campaign I noticed a hologram saying "The road to Hell is paved... with Argent Energy"

But according to the Argent D' Nur mission Argent Energy isn't a hellish technology at all, it was just consumed by hell after conquering Argent D' Nur. So using this kind of energy doesn't seem to be completely wrong at all.

id.dav said:

Doom slayer..Doom guy....dosen't matter cos he is a prick who only destroys everything...

Oh, and the demons kept things neat and tidy????

Voros said:

Oh, and the demons kept things neat and tidy????

I think he is saying the demons are the better of 2 evils to him XD

Just like in real life during geopolitics and wars and conflicts, you choose between US/NATO or Russia/China/ Syria etc. Both are evil corrupt governments at the end of the day, but you choose the best of both evils.

And I really want to hear the other side. I want to have a cup of tea with baron telling story of his life, when he was a kid swimming in lava while his parents were making human BBQ and horribly murdered by "OURHERO". And so many tragic stories of caco-chiks and imp-girls whos husbands will never get back home cos of inhuman violence and hatred of so called Doom-slayer!!!
Guys we need to put an end to this eternal violence. THE VOICE of DEMONS MUST BE HEARD! THEY ARE CRYING! I feel their pain!!! Where the Demon-Rights-Watch looking? This demoncide must end!!!!!!