Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MSPaintR0cks

Shadow Of The Wool Ball :3 (v1.3 released!)

Was just thinking about this the other day and wondered what had happened to it. Really cool to see this released! Love the cute intro and escape sequences.

Thanks! :D

v1.3 is now released, with only a few, but important changes:

• NEW explosion animations made by Captain J over at the ZDoom forums! :D
  • Blood on walls is now gone without loading the cfg file! (thx to Captain J again!)
  • Door bug in E1M2 removed... once again

Captain J did a great job there, I think. :3:

Just chiming in to say that this is really good.

Would've liked some longer maps, but there's already a lot of effort poured into this to keep a consistent art style and mood.

Only gripe was that the Golden Shotgun maybe should have been a completely different weapon - it took a while to figure out just how powerful it was since it felt exactly the same as the regular shotgun. An explosive weapon would have been a little more satisfying.

But other than that, I liked it all the way through. Lots of good ideas, here.

I like the Wolfenstein gameplay combined with the new art style. The cat portrait and the banner are my favorite new textures. They give a clear nod to Wolfenstein, while looking different at the same time. The animatronics in the secret level and the video messages from the villain are nice idea as well.

I'm not that fond of the spidercats and the ventilators.

All in all, great work. Thank you.

Just finished it. Really great wad, haven't seen anything like this in a while. Honestly, everything about it was nice, especially your art style. Only complaint I have is that its a bit too easy. I only died once or twice during my whole playthrough on hard difficulty ( wasn't expecting that second boss to be so fast ).

I'd love to see some more of this, or at least something similar. Keep up the great work.

I really enjoyed the animations and the art-style. Great job! I wonder how long it took for you to create that intro cutscene?

Gez said:

Looks cute, but I disapprove of violence against kitties.

No Tom & Jerry cartoons for you! :V

Thanks! :D

@Manuel-K
Any idea what I could change about those two things you mentioned? :3
I found out that the ventilator tunnel could be a little hard to navigate trough at times for some people.

@Agentbromsnor
I think the intro took me something around a day, during a weekend. :D

@Count561
Thx, I am working on something new now and then. Still seeing how it turns out. :3

@Justince
Yeah, I posted some early screenshots of the wad sometime in 2012, before I took a really long break from it.

Oh I wasn't expecting that! You're clearly a lot more experienced with DECORATE than I am, haha.

I also couldn't help but notice that during my snooping through the WAD file, I noticed that your code comments are in German. :D

Agentbromsnor said:

Oh I wasn't expecting that! You're clearly a lot more experienced with DECORATE than I am, haha.

I also couldn't help but notice that during my snooping through the WAD file, I noticed that your code comments are in German. :D

Maybe it also took 1 1/2 days, I don`t remember it that well :D But not much more.

Yeah, I sometimes use my own language to find stuff easier in the code. :D

This game is fantastic. As a huge cat person, I am not offended by this. It's adorable. I didn't grow up with Wolfenstein (or Doom) but I am playing through Wolfenstein (and Doom II) and my skills (somewhat) on Wolfenstein is helping me here. I am playing through the game on Hard (oh boy) but it's a better experience. I dig the music, the level design and the cartoony graphics. This is a fantastic mod and I am so glad I was notified of this (rather belatedly as I didn't buy Wolfenstein 3D on Steam till much later) Well worth the effort. I have found all secrets and killed all the enemies and found all the items on every level till around the secret level of the first episode (at the time of writing this) where I stopped thus far to type this. 

Fantastic story, fantastic art design, I am simply blown away by this game.   

I really like your mod, and since i finish version 1.3 of your mod, can i try out your very early version of your mod, like back in 2012 or 2013?