Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snapshot

SnapMap fake Hell Map ?

It' s cool how people started making these, Sky looks like it's made from Red smoke .

(looks like a 90s-ish wad) .

EDIT : It's out, Code is : VCTNFHVK

The maps look more like a Team Fortress 2 map in early alpha or classic doom.

The best part about this "brush" technique is that it doesn't take alot of memory/cpu/network space up so you can use it extensively. The only rooms you need to place are the observation rooms.

julz_d said:

Wait how do you make a fake sky?

I assume they use smoke or volumes made to look like skies.

Well if I could find any of the maps I could probably open in the editor and at least look

It's red smoke volumes against solid black player blocking volumes.

You should be able to get a similar effect with white smoke and blue volumes to create an open sky, but I imagine it'll look rather cartoony (stylized).

The lava is also a player blocking volume with red color and texture. I think everything in those pictures are player blocking volumes in some manner or another. I do wonder which module he used.

The volumes blocks don't block the demons, so you have demons passing through walls and stuff, which is kind of immersion-breaking. I like the creativity, of course. Maybe Bethesda would update SnapMap to allow volumes to block everything.

You could use barricades just outside of the player blocking volume in order to keep demons from passing through. Would use more objects and not correct in all situations but hey it could work.

Yeah that's what I meant, sorry. It wouldn't work in all situations but it could help. I'm not sure why there is no AI blocking volume.

They need to change that completely and just call it blocking volume set in the options what you want to block

They likely don't allow volumes to block AI characters because it would mess with their pathfinding data/algos.