Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
129thVisplane

Should I release the resources from a shitty scrapped project? [edit: released]

I tried to do a bit of a Portal-inspired TC, but found myself unable to make maps and got talked out of asking for help, so I'm just throwing it in the reject corner like with every other idea I ever had. The thing is, I now have like 100 edits of 3 textures, as well as a custom palette so they're not even compatible with the default doom textures, and I don't know what to do with it all. Should I throw it in the trash, or keep it and release it?

//edit: I released the thing, here it is.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/50j5g563s5yu3hx/neostex.wad?dl=0

Oh man, a Portal-inspired set would be awesome. If you don't mind releasing them or at least throwing them my way, I'd love to do something with them eventually. This is too good to simply trash :P

(heh now I want to get back to Portal 2 mapping a bit, and maybe release a couple things I've had sitting on my hard drive for about two years)

Those could definitely be put to great use, they're very good quality edits. Well done! :D

Alright, I'm releasing the thing. I'll update the first post in a bit. There's not really much content since I spent only like one day on it. I would make more but it's not worth it when the project is already dead. So yeah just take what I have.

mrthejoshmon said:

Never throw anything away.

Quoted for the motherfucking truth. Keep all your scraps in a folder or something, one day you may be able to use them somewhere. I know I wish I did before now (although all the same, I've put together at least one Doom map using unused scraps from other places).

Yeah I never actually trash/delete anything I make. I actually have several boxes and flashdrives of old art, writing, wads etc.

I guess by "throw it in the trash" I meant putting it somewhere where I could forget about it for a few years. Right now it just hurts to look at this unofficially newprojected shit. I wish I never made it, tbh.