Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marcaek

Mayhem '16: Juneheim [Map compilation updated October 1st]

TIME TO FINISH THIS HEAPING PILE BOYOS

---------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to Mayhem 2016! As you are probably aware, this may june fucking september we're going with a split between mapping restrictions:

Limitations:

Spoiler

MAPSLOT x10 = MONSTERCOUNT: A selection of maps have been reserved, these maps will need to have exactly the amount of monsters as specified: if you're making map01, you need 10 monsters, map15 needs 150 and so on.

160 THINGS: Excluding player starts and camera things, you must have exactly 160 things per skill level in your map. These maps will be placed wherever a reserved map is not. In the event that a MAPSLOT x10 mapper bails or is rejected without fixing their map a 160 map will almost certainly take their place so don't worry too much about the lack of room.

The secret maps have their own separate restrictions: map31 will require 3100 monsters, no more no less, and map32 requires exactly 16
of whichever monsters you decide to place, with the added restriction of only having 16 medkits on UV.

September is here and i am a bad leader. It is time to rectify this and save my rectum from any kicking that may be due. Post updates or concerns in the thread and I'll deal with it asap for a change.

THE CURRENT LIST OF MAP RESERVATIONS (very outdated)

==================================================

The resource is a combination of Quake 1 + Malice and Darkening E2. If you find any issues please report them to me.

CURRENT RESOURCE: Nov 22nd

Hi res skies Version 4

CURRENT MAP COMPILATION: Nov 22nd

Aight, gonna do a hidden room with zombiemen that will just get crushed somewhere to meet my monster count.

Slipgate texture Q1EX_458 needs to be rotated 90 degrees.
Slipgate texture Q1EX_560 needs a FLAT version.

Nice work on the PLAYPAL, getting a composite between DOOM and QUAKE is a non trival task. However, Colormaps and Palettes need to be generated for it to be functional.

(Played around a bit with it further. Sprites will probably need to be reloaded and converted.)

TheNerdTurtle2 said:

So did I get a reservation? No one responded to me

Doesn't look like it, but this spreadsheet now looks a little out of date, so I'd wait for a response from someone else.

@Marcaek - I assume the deadline is 'end of this month' but it hasn't been explicitly said? The source port also hasn't been outlined.

Yeah, I think the end of June is the deadline...

The port for this is boom-compatible, as Marcaek wrote back in the pool thread...

Dragonfly, you open the reservation sheet with your phone? Because I have the same issue of yours while opening the file on pc shows it with the newer version...

@Marcaek: apparently the custom palette included in the resources screws up the default textures. Is this intended? Does that mean we can't use vanilla resources?

walter confalonieri said:

Yeah, I think the end of June is the deadline...

The port for this is boom-compatible, as Marcaek wrote back in the pool thread...

Dragonfly, you open the reservation sheet with your phone? Because I have the same issue of yours while opening the file on PC shows it with the newer version...

Opened on Firefox on Mac, not a phone. But it was missing a few slots. And yeah, I was aware it was Boom but it hasn't been explicitly said. I felt it'd be worth covering for the sake of completeness within this thread though. :)

I stopped adding to the spreadsheet right after Marcaek closed reservations, though I can still add to the 160 things list, I suppose.

EDIT: tried loading the resource pack in Eureka because that's all I have working on school computers here. It crashed upon trying to load the resources due to XARROW not containing any patches.

Dragonfly said:

Doesn't look like it, but this spreadsheet now looks a little out of date, so I'd wait for a response from someone else.

@Marcaek - I assume the deadline is 'end of this month' but it hasn't been explicitly said? The source port also hasn't been outlined.

I'm just kinda pissed because I asked to reserve a map 3 times on the original thread and no one responded. IDK if somehow everyone skipped over me or if they don't like my maps but if it's the latter I'd gladly step down

TheNerdTurtle2 said:

I'm just kinda pissed because I asked to reserve a map 3 times on the original thread and no one responded. IDK if somehow everyone skipped over me or if they don't like my maps but if it's the latter I'd gladly step down

You posted twice, but yes, you did post before the deadline was closed. It was at the point that the spaces quickly were running out and Marcaek had to get people to drop their double-reservations. You may even be the person who triggered that request, heh.

If I were you, I'd start mapping with the assumption you have 160 monsters ;)

Marcaek said:

The resource is a combination of Quake 1 + Malice and Darkening E2. It may be a bit of a mess right now but should be usable, I will address the issues in the pack (animations, palette issues etc) ASAP.

i'm tired and frustrated if there's anything else i should have mentioned please remind me heh

When I test my map in zdoom using the resource pack I still get the error

"Execution could not continue. Bad texture directory"

This is really preventing me from mapping...

You're supposed to be mapping for Boom. Try testing in a Boom source port (as you should be) such as PrBoom+ and see if the same error occurs.

Dragonfly said:

You posted twice, but yes, you did post before the deadline was closed. It was at the point that the spaces quickly were running out and Marcaek had to get people to drop their double-reservations. You may even be the person who triggered that request, heh.

If I were you, I'd start mapping with the assumption you have 160 monsters ;)

Oh sorry your right :P I guess I exaggerated because I asked twice if I could make a MIDI for the Doom 2 Redux Project and no one responded to that but they responded to other things I asked, so I made a MIDI anyway and I'm about to post it hahaha, thanks Dragonfly

Dragonfly said:

You're supposed to be mapping for Boom. Try testing in a Boom source port (as you should be) such as PrBoom+ and see if the same error occurs.

When I test in prboom the palette of the textures is completly wrong.

dobu gabu maru said:

Here is a temporary fix to the texture pack. Palette still looks god awful though, so I'd recommend hanging on until that gets a proper tweak.

This works good, thank you!

I'll work on tweaking the resource later today. Thanks for the interim fix Dobu.

Libor_john66 reservations are in the OP, if you're not there you don't have one, sorry.

Remmirath: I still need to add repalettized versions of the affected stock doom assets, will do soon.

TheNerdTurtle2 I really can't afford to give anyone any more map reservations, sorry.

Marcaek said:

TheNerdTurtle2 I really can't afford to give anyone any more map reservations, sorry.

*sigh* it's fine, I posted way before reservations were done. At least I thought but I'll get over it