Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marcaek

Mayhem '16: Juneheim [Map compilation updated October 1st]

My map was also omitted, it should be map 20, but another map took it's place. Is there something wrong with my map? :(

Just wanted to drop by and say that I've been working hard on my map, adding a proper exit room, revamping some gameplay elements including Co-op, adding some non-secret items and stuff. I also reshaped some areas, extensive polishing was done as well and even some progression choices. It's a little different from what I've uploaded some time ago but unfortunately I couldn't figure out how to fix the soundblock lines error. I guess I'll take my time if it's possible until Marcaek will be able to pick this up again. In the meantime I'll just continue testing it and improving whatever I can until the next release and maybe I'll be able to fix that soundblock issue.

In Death, Is Life - V2.2.1

Lots of small changes

-More HP on all difficulties on the later battles
-Monster deployment on final fight adjusted for consistency
-Early unintentional release of monsters in two different arenas fixed
-Small geometry changes to improve performance (hopefully) ever so slightly more
-Changed location of some ammo caches so you don't waste time running around, namely in red key arena and in 2nd YK arena

Probably a bunch of other small changes I can't remember. Maybe final? Unless someone thinks there adjustments to make.

About AD's unfinished map:

Sorry for not actually announcing this at some point, but roughly around the time I said I was interested, I had to spend a couple of weeks without a keyboard and couldn't map, and the burst of interest subsided. If the deadline is still at least a week away, I can work on it, though, now that I've finished my WIP.

I'm slacking off on deadlines a bit, just because WAD quality > arbitrary restrictions imo. I'm still not letting it get away from us and will prob return to straightening everything out tomorrow.

I have worked on my map a little too but it probably isn't going to be for the 32 slot anymore

Alright so, I played most of the maps and saw some other people play the maps and I'm mostly satisfied enough with what we have now to prepare to close the books on this. I still have to work on my map a little bit but there's a non-zero chance I'll just ditch and release it standalone if I have to.

Joe your map is alright actually now that I play it again. It does look a little ass sometimes, I'd suggest experimenting more on lighting in your future maps because typically your maps do have very flat lighting. The bars on the walls tend to snag the player but there's enough space to move that it isn't often a problem. I WAS going to suggest you should collab with someone on it and Alfonzo had offered but he's too busy now I think.

UPDATE i havent forgotten this, going to fast-track finalization now.

Resource v5h - Now with Quake-style 24-frame purple water thanks to the indispensible Urthar

Hires Skies v4 - yep

A shot of my map which will probably end up late in the mainlist somewhere

Spoiler

Currently deliberating on map ordering and waiting on a few WIPs which should be close to done from what I last saw of them. If you have updates or need more map playtesting let me know. I may end up placing maps somewhat arbitrarily.

Nice to see this is still alive.

I still haven't recieved any kind of feedback on my map, and by this point I know it so well that any fix I might think of might be extremely biased, so I'll really appreciate any and all feedback on it.

In Death, Is Life - V2.3

Small changes:

-Fixes for texture name changes
-Behind the scenes changes again
-Some archways added, because why not?
-Node builder changed to decrease file size (a lot, apparently)
-Further reduction in sector count to try and increase performance (seems like final arena area only suffers mild slowdown now)

I'll have a minor update to my map sometime soon. I made a couple small fixes, and I feel like there were a couple more changes I wanted to make but I never did and now I've forgotten what they were, heh! I'll try to remember.

It's a reference to a song by a band that I listen to. Plus, in that wording, it also holds a philosophical meaning on the paradoxical nature of life and death.

The following mappers should update these textures\flats:

Dragonfly:

SLIPGATE > QSLIP01

SLIPGATF > QSLIF01

W_DIAG1b ??? I'm not sure which one this is, can't find any textures with such a name? Link them to me and I can re-add though.

A.Gamma:

PWATER1 > PWATER01

I can change these in the current version, but you should change on your end as well either way.

Marcaek said:

The following mappers should update these textures\flats:

Dragonfly:
SLIPGATE > QSLIP01
SLIPGATF > QSLIF01
W_DIAG1b ??? I'm not sure which one this is, can't find any textures with such a name? Link them to me and I can re-add though.

I'll try and find the time to look at this tomorrow (definitely not available to do so today). If you're looking to 'launch' this project, you're more than welcome to replace W_DIAG1b to something that can be a suitable texture for the location(s) it's been used.

Map08: would be a decent map without the repopulation with the cybers and viles. First cyber blocks the door out but you can just snipe at it from inside. Second cyber is literally a door with health because you can hit it with impunity from the area below while it can't retaliate because its shots are blocked by the map geometry. Vulture archviles are tacky too -- a lazy way to pad map length with this sort of restriction.

Alright so, I'm at the point now where this has gone on long enough. Any WIPs I was holding out for I am either rejecting or finishing myself. PM me if this applies to you.

Egregor's Juneheim Level: alpha version (link fixed!)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/7s769drxmdj44ip/Juneheim+01+v3.wad

The level's layout, structure, and tags are all mostly complete. It's texturing is about half way there. No lighting yet. Gameplay is in beginning stages.

Would you put the level in the back half of the episode so i can put about 200-250 enemies in the level?

Feedback welcomed!

Sure Egregor, I'll give you 250.

Updated resource, hopefully issues are fixed.

Updated map compilation tomorrow, maps will be moved to account for empty spots.