Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snapshot

Agony : a First-person game about escaping Hell

Looks neat. I'm not sure if I have the patience for another Amnesia-type game, unless it's something really short but interesting like Layers of Fear. But I'm loving the art direction. The demons remind me of the Silent Hill monsters, in a good way. And I don't know if any of you have watched The Borderlands, but without spoiling anything, this game's depiction of hell reminds me of a certain scene in that movie.

Sorry for all the comparisons, heh.

I don't mind this being too linear as long as it's going to be fun and beautiful, and has objects you can interact with .

Seems OK but personally I can't stand the crisp ASMR-like inside-your-ear sound effects.

I don't so much have a problem with the sounds themselves but how they're mastered, they're too clear and too close for sounds that sould be more dull and further away.

But if it's Hell we're talking about it probably should sound like that, for me at least, since I dislike them.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

I don't need to excuse for a mistake that i didn't mean .

I think you should edit the title, though, just so people don't come here expecting a shooter.

DoomUK said:

Looks neat. I'm not sure if I have the patience for another Amnesia-type game, unless it's something really short but interesting like Layers of Fear.

Holy crap, please no. I can't stand those 'walk forward and watch weird shit happen' games.

DoomUK said:

Outrage, grumble etc.

This highly respected gaming nexus has like five 'articles' on their homepage, one of them is just photos of women who play games or something. Hardly worth mentioning, much less getting upset over.

Can be just a random jokes site .

I knew I recognized this. I saw this a little while back somewhere and really liked what I saw then. Now that I see it again I'm pretty excited about it. Gonna look into it more tonight. I hope it has VR support :D

DoomzRules said:

.... Why even bother calling it a FPS if there's no guns and you can't do shit? It's like Amnesia and Alien: Isolation!

OOOOOOOH IT'S SO SCARY THAT I HAVE TO RUN AWAY!

NEVER MIND THE PERFECTLY TENSE ATMOSPHERE AND SCARINESS THAT THE MONSTERS HAVE!

It's like if you give players weapons and ammo somehow that detracts from the scare factor lol.

If that's the case, then how come so many people get scared of PSX Doom and Doom 64 lol?

Just saying. :P

Even survival horrors of the past allowed you to shoot things, Resident Evil, Silent Hill ect.. The scary part was that if you didn't manage your ammo, you'd run out and be screwed :p

Still though, I think this game Agony looks pretty good

TheMightyHeracross said:

Just FYI, the quoted post is 2 1/2 months old and DoomzRules is long since banned. :P

Oh, my bad

Still though, survival horror games of the past have shown that they can include shooting and still be a horror experience

Also there's a game called Scorn which looks pretty similair to this agony

Both Agony and Scorn look very disturbing, in a good way ofc ^^

Mehh.

It's kinda like an interactive art gallery. I don't see anything particularly enticing about the game. The way the level design is disorienting and weird looks more clunky than frightening. A better game would be designed around being in somewhere more calming that transitions into this weird bizzarre bloody tentacle bones shit. Just kinda plopping the player there and dealing with the same level of disturbing-ness throughout seems like it would get kinda tired after the first level or so.

Kudos to the imagination behind the art design but it's a shame that it was tacked on to what seems like a hollow shell of a game.

That video needs to be down-voted for advertising itself as a "... + gameplay" video, and yet showing few seconds of real gameplay footage, which aside from one part where there was clearly a player moving, was probably cinematics during gameplay.

I still no nothing about the gameplay of either of these two games, which is one reason I'll just watch it on YouTube.

Praying for a LP'er that doesn't talk.

MrGlide said:

looks neat, Scorn Looks more interesting to me though.

I feel the same way.

I just don't... get that feeling for Agony.

I'm with voros. Unless the atmosphere is really superb, and maybe the story is great... I think i'll just save my money for scorn. Puzzles and short scares only goes so far

I'm a huge Giger fan and I love atmosphere, so I'm interested in this game for sure. I think it'll have more to it than we assume.

GoatLord said:

I'm a huge Giger fan and I love atmosphere, so I'm interested in this game for sure. I think it'll have more to it than we assume.

I watched the Giger documentary on Netflix, in addition to being a fan of his since I learned about his influence on the design direction in Alien(s). To be honest, I was sad to hear about his passing, but it's really encouraging to see his biomechanical vision live on so potently and accurately. I'm certain he would've appreciated the atmosphere in Scorn. For some reason, I also feel some influence from Fantastic Planet.

just saw this thread on overclock.net and guess what, doomworld was faster ;)

some new gameplay video:

great design imo. i thought i'd post this because perhaps people with more artistic talent can draw inspiration from the fleshy, icky map design.

gameplay doesn't fit my taste, i'm rip and tear, not hide and seek. so perhaps this art can be transplanted into doom.