Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomPhreak

Setting difficulty of encounters?

Anyone can suggest ways to allow the player to set the difficulty of encounters? One way I can think of is to have to player use panels to select difficulty (high, medium, low, etc.), and the map will hide or show demons based on the selection. But I imagine that takes a lot of resources for the scripting involved. Is there a resource-efficient way to show more or fewer demons for higher or lower difficulty? In wave events, is it possible to programmatically set the difficulty, number of waves, number of encounters per wave, etc., based on the player-chosen difficulty?

Yeah, it's possible.

How many difficulties? If there's just 2, just use a boolean variable. If there's more, you could use an integer variable.

You could use a fixed camra, world text and the player input object for them to select before the spawn and start the match.

DoomPhreak said:

Anyone can suggest ways to allow the player to set the difficulty of encounters? One way I can think of is to have to player use panels to select difficulty (high, medium, low, etc.), and the map will hide or show demons based on the selection. But I imagine that takes a lot of resources for the scripting involved. Is there a resource-efficient way to show more or fewer demons for higher or lower difficulty? In wave events, is it possible to programmatically set the difficulty, number of waves, number of encounters per wave, etc., based on the player-chosen difficulty?

You can use a player proxy to trigger a health boost to the AI. But it will set it for all Demons from there on out unless you counter act the trigger after the encounter.