Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MiNaM

Special moves & Rare GK's

Found this while digging in the forums:

https://www.doomworld.com/vb/doom-2016-general/88037-a-cacodemon-laughed-at-me/

Any info on how to make this caco laugh ?

and how to perform the blind caco ?

There are some special "rare" glory kills i heard about from the alpha/beta that i don't know if they make it to the final release or not, like the tongue rip and eyes poke on the revenant??

If they made it to the final, how to perform ?

Any more "Rare" GK's ? post here..

I had a "loughing" Cacodemon too. He just hit me in the back and as i turned around it made this loughing move. It seems that the shield guy can lough also. I watched one besides my gibs as he stood with open mouth and jumping shoulders.

I have never seen the shotgun in the mouth glory kill on a revenant during my gameplay sessions.

Otus said:

I had a "loughing" Cacodemon too. He just hit me in the back and as i turned around it made this loughing move. It seems that the shield guy can lough also. I watched one besides my gibs as he stood with open mouth and jumping shoulders.

Interesting..

Otus said:

I have never seen the shotgun in the mouth glory kill on a revenant during my gameplay sessions.

what? where did you see that?

I get blind cacos alot, just shoot them right in the eye, pistol works, and their eye will pop out and they'll go berzerk shooting fire balls all over the place, its kinda dangerous on nm but can kill other enemies, I'v not had a caco laugh at me though.

Otus said:

I had a "loughing" Cacodemon too. He just hit me in the back and as i turned around it made this loughing move.

Glad to see I'm not the only one that's had this happen. I'm not crazy!

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Watch it at 0:09, It's Hilarious .

You know, I think that's the same spot where I had a cacodemon laugh at me. Maybe that one's specifically coded to be a jerk.
I think he needs a name.

Otus said:

Its a while ago but maybe i was wrong. Look in this montage you can see that he shoves something in the Revenants mouth? Does he rip something out?

And there is also a caco getting his eye smashed with a knee kick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi1QGGSG4A0

This is the tongue rip off, he shoved his hand in the revenant's mouth and grab his tongue..

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Watch it at 0:09, It's Hilarious .

haha very funny.. if it was me, i'd shove a bfg charge down his wide open mouth !

Unless I'm mistaken, they may be unique Glory Kills for the Chainsaw vs Demon players in Multiplayer.

The other night I managed to pick up the Chainsaw and slashed a Revenant several times. Then I proceeded to chop either side of its neck and smack it to the ground or something like that (my memory is a bit vague, everything happens so fast).

Someone let me know if this happens to SP Revenants.

ArchvileHunter said:

Many Glory Kills are exclusive to multiplayer for some reason.

I think some of them are too long for the singleplayer but long enough for the mutliplayer

Why would GKs be long, ESPECIALLY for MP, a gamemode known to be fast paced since Classic Doom MP? It makes no sense.

MiNaM said:

Found this on youtube, a revenant jetpack malfunction that sends him rocketing to the sky xD

starting @ 1:30
https://youtu.be/creYOJvJ4_s

It's actually not that hard to do. My typical way of fighting them currently gives me the jetpack malfunction quite often :)

Just circle around them and shoot them - duh - in the jetpack. You will notice that while they take damage, sparks start to emit from their jetpack. I haven't checked if at this point they can still use the jetpack...too busy running around not dying. Keep firing on the jetpack and the malfunction will start.

Just couple of days ago I launched two Revenants that spawned close together like that, and also launched a third one spawning soon after. And I don't even try to get that, but I tend to circle them when they start shooting rockets, and unload on them from the back, since it gives me some breathing room until they turn around etc.

ArchvileHunter said:

Many Glory Kills are exclusive to multiplayer for some reason.

This was because glory kills had to be executed on enemies when they weren't in a staggered state