Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooMancuBus

Doom (2016) Sales

wow... I just never thought PC would lag behind like that. Whether or not these are good results, it's crazy how small our platform is in comparison.

Doom on consoles, I get it. It does work. But the best experience for Doom is on the PC.

StevieCybernetik said:

This is because the PC version is a broken piece of shit.

Huh? My pc is slightly underpowered and I have yet to run into any issues whatsoever. What are you having trouble with? I'm sure my pc specs wouldn't change the brokenness that is the pc version of Doom so shouldn't I see these problems as well?

StevieCybernetik said:

You can't make a big statement like that and leave us hanging by not elaborating! What exactly is broken about it compared to consoles?

Good sales but must be better. Weak multiplayer(with all these incredible hype) killed most of them, simply game doesn't feels as complete, final version of Doom. Looks like these 500K on PC reached mostly by fans of id Software/Doom series. IMHO.

ya the xbox version is really good, but so is the pc, I'm right on the low end of running it and it still looks better on pc then on xbox. Ya Doom is alot easier/managable on pc with mouse and keyboard, I wouldn't be able to make it on the run I'm doing right now with a controler. I'm suprised you guys are suprised at the sales, the console market from what I'v seen almost always vastly out sells the pc versions. Consoles are cheap and easy to use, it make sense.

NoisM said:

Good sales but must be better. Weak multiplayer(with all these incredible hype) killed most of them, simply game doesn't feels as complete, final version of Doom. Looks like these 500K on PC reached mostly by fans of id Software/Doom series. IMHO.

Half a million PC players in the first few weeks is pretty solid, probably not just hardcore id fans.

I do agree they need to improve on the multi though, especially by adding free-for-all DM and other non-team modes.

Jaxxoon R said:

And the week's end is marked as May 14th, which is about a day after Doom released.

^

So far doom has sold 500k on pc within the first month at full price. For an AAA game thats really good. With steam sales happening soon the game can easily cross 1 million by the end of the year

I'd be interested in seeing total cost (development, production, distribution, marketing) compared to revenue.

A decades' worth of shacky development along with a massive advertisement campaign has undoubtedly been very expensive, so Doom 2016 has do to extraordinarily well.

Ossi said:

I'd be interested in seeing total cost (development, production, distribution, marketing) compared to revenue.

A decades' worth of shacky development along with a massive advertisement campaign has undoubtedly been very expensive, so Doom 2016 has do to extraordinarily well.

Apart from the fact that we will never get those numbers, we also don't know what they were able to salvage from the development of "Call of Doom". Was it only the engine and some code, or also other stuff (earth environments) which we might see in Doom 2018 - Hell on Earth?

There is quite some talk that Blizzard managed to salvage quite some stuff of their "Titan MMO" which they cancelled into Overwatch, which seems to be quite a success (allthough I am not really enjoying it as much as Doom MP at the moment due to even bigger lack of content, but I am used to the fact that people call me "strange" since I was very young).

523,734 owner / 504,088 player..

is there a 19,646 owner who haven't played it yet ?

StevieCybernetik said:

More like forcing you to go online to get the rest of the game while the console versions don't have to unless you desire mp and want to download other people's creations from snapmap. Seriously, when the hell are PCs gonna upgrade the DVD disc drives and replace them with blue ray drives or start using usb flash drives as games?

And this is the reason PC is no longer the main platform. I am a PC gamer but if I were a developer I would make the same decisions.

Besides, PC gamers usually are petty, rude and argumentative.

DooM_RO said:

Besides, PC gamers usually are petty, rude and argumentative.

*Rudely argues against that in a fit of pettiness

I'm not suprised, honestly, the reason is quite obvious, Consoles are easy to pick up and use, whereas PC isn't, because it's more complex, you have lots of applications and stuff, whereas console is put the disc in, sign up to it's company service, download updates and then run the game.

Yeah... PC is such a pain in ass. Never understood PC players... Too many functions there... Toooo complex... And how are people smart enough to install some stuff to play on PC? Nah.