Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
4shockblast

Beat 4shockblast Demos Month

It's summer, so it's the perfect time for another contest to smash some old records. This time, you have a month to beat any of my demos, so there can finally be a contest where I don't get the most demos. :D Choose any demos that are current records from here, beat them under the proper source port and compatibility settings, and post in this thread. Each demo will count for a point. Demos aren't accepted for FDAs or fail attempts or any demos of that kind of course; however I've decided that TAS is accepted. This time, there's also an extra twist to encourage competition: if someone posts an even faster run for something in this thread, they get to steal the original player's point. I'll keep track of the total counts in the OP. Anyway, go 2 it and beat my awful runs!

Total runs beaten: 74

Player            Demo count

Ancalagon         19
  rdwpa             17
  Kyle McAwesome    16
  GrumpyCat         13
  Krankdud          3
  KillerDog745      2
  Zeromaster010     1
  MD922             1
  38_ViTa_38        1
  Kotzugi           1
  vdgg              1

ZeroMaster010 said:

Awesome!

Plutonia Map 08 Pacifist in 17.69

Where's pg07 speed with the glide? :^)

rdwpa said:

Let's have a "Beat Ancalagon's Demos Month" thread too, mostly to laugh as it falls off the first page without a reply.

I have too few demos to do this ;)
100 linen map06 max 1:07

1n06-107.zip

Ancalagon said:

100 linen map26 max 0:31
shock's demo is max/reality, is this still valid? reality is just a coincidence in this map

It doesn't matter much, I don't remember if I reset on non-Reality demos at this point anyway.

This is how it went for me:

Hahah, 4shockblast has too many runs, this is going to be easy!

I'll just take this obscure run of an obscure wad (simplie.wad), because no way it is optimized well...

Hahah, I knew it... 4shockblast doesn't even skip the invulnerability...

I'm just gonna skip the invulnerability...

LOL, they are gonna be surprised when I post a random improvement to a random run...

Hahah, well, this is not as easy as it seemed...

Ha, I'll just try once more...

Ha, ha...

Ha...

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Aqfaq said:

Spoiler

This is how it went for me:

Hahah, 4shockblast has too many runs, this is going to be easy!

I'll just take this obscure run of an obscure wad (simplie.wad), because no way it is optimized well...

Hahah, I knew it... 4shockblast doesn't even skip the invulnerability...

I'm just gonna skip the invulnerability...

LOL, they are gonna be surprised when I post a random improvement to a random run...

Hahah, well, this is not as easy as it seemed...

Ha, I'll just try once more...

Ha, ha...

Ha...

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

my thoughts exactly

what would be nice, if 4shock knows/can be arsed, is pick out a few of his runs that he remembers as being sub-optimal, or needing improvement.

rehelekretep said:

what would be nice, if 4shock knows/can be arsed, is pick out a few of his runs that he remembers as being sub-optimal, or needing improvement.

Finding the demos is part of the challenge though

rehelekretep said:

my thoughts exactly

Going for obscure wads won't always be the best route since sometimes I spent quite a bit of time on them. Really, you gotta go for old runs, as many in this thread (most of my 100 lines demos are old, or the old nomo packs are good places to start). Sometimes I spent very little time on recent runs as well, so they're not all great. Too bad you can't list demos on DSDA by time of upload. :P

Ancalagon said:

I have too few demos to do this ;)
100 linen map06 max 1:07

I've been trying this one. So far my best is 1:10. Man, I'm not sure what sort of luck is necessary to get 1:07-.