Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
antares031

Is death-marker on Ultra Nightmare permanent?

Because I don't want to be mocked by my countless, amateurish death-markers in the very first level.

Just kidding. But honestly, will those markers be preserved permanently? Or do they have some kind of expiration date?

I could see how dev markers are just a special case and are permanent...

But the question interests me as well. If all markers are shown world-wide without expiration date, the first maps will be teeming with them in no time.

Deathmatcher said:

I could see how dev markers are just a special case and are permanent...

But the question interests me as well. If all markers are shown world-wide without expiration date, the first maps will be teeming with them in no time.

We get vanishing corpses.

We get 12 demons max in SnapMap at any one time.

Like hell we get "unlimited death markers" ;) I guess they are just pulling a random number of them - similar to soulsborne, which (IIRC) started idea. What the algorithm behind the random picking is, only id can tell (and if they ever expire).

I've done a few runs on Ultra-Nightmare, and it seems like it only preserves your last 5 attempts or so. I'm not quite sure though, there are different colors for the markers. Whites are generic other players, blues are players on your friends list, but your own markers come in red and yellow varieties. I don't know what the difference is, but I know some of mine have disappeared.

BluePineapple72 said:

Apparently you can find markers from devs in this game...

Really? I couldn't find one from dev teams during my playthrough. Would you mind if I ask the locations of them?

I'd like to know how many helmets you leave behind too. My first run i died at the Sanctum level in the arena. wasn't looking where i was jumping had my back to a wall and the lsot souls freaking rushed me, couldn't do a thing!

Well at least theres gonna be one of my bodies i'll see again