Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doohnibor

Playable Offline?

tuo said:

Have you ever worked in larger companies, where certain computers are not allowed on the internet, because the risk is too large?

Or worked in companies where EVERY computer is only allowed to access certain IP addresses?

That's what this situation could be.

You aren't supposed to playing video games at your office. Get back to work.

Edward850 said:

You aren't supposed to playing video games at your office. Get back to work.

At least that was a good joke, that actually went through my head when I red the OP ;) I give you that one!

Edit:
with this, I now finally go to bed. Cheers!

Edward850 said:

Denuvo does not need to touch anything related to the internet. It's anti-tamper tech, not DRM.

Based on that, you can run Denuvo protected games after unlocking it on a different offline system.. which you can't... not even on an identical hardware with an identical processor !

What was said here about Denuvo patching the game binaries with a code made only for a specific processor, and there's a zero possibility for two processors to be 100% identical makes more sense..

Except you can copy that EXE anywhere and it won't give a flying fuck. We made a point of doing that on release for the folks who didn't have fiber/cable internet. Denuvo does not modify the EXE at all, and does not care where it's run.

Edward850 said:

Except you can copy that EXE anywhere and it won't give a flying fuck. We made a point of doing that on release for the folks who didn't have fiber/cable internet. Denuvo does not modify the EXE at all, and does not care where it's run.

Didn't say it patches the EXE itself, I was saying that it definitly patches something somewhere ;)

Edit: maybe not directly through some Denuvo servers, it might be done through steam itself..

You are going to have to be vastly less vague than that, because we already know it doesn't contact any sort of server anyway. Steam certainly does for first run, but that's the case of nearly every game on Steam in your library (I'm unsure why that is exactly, but I believe it's to validate if you need to agree to an EULA or something likely related).
You also have a major problem in that if it needed to modify something that isn't the EXE, then it would have already been cracked, as that's where all the damn code is.
Also Steam has nothing to do with Denuvo. Like, at all.

Edward850 said:

You are going to have to be vastly less vague than that, because we already know it doesn't contact any sort of server anyway. Steam certainly does for first run, but that's the case of nearly every game on Steam in your library (I'm unsure why that is exactly, but I believe it's to validate if you need to agree to an EULA or something likely related).

I'm not saying that I'm correct and you're wrong, I'm looking for some common sense, what they said in that explaination could be easly tested for a confirmation..

Just go offline and change your processor then start the game while you're still offline..

I don't have another 1155 processor to try that myself, but will do when i got my hands on one.

PS i don't give a damn how it works, i just want to say to the OP that he can't unlock it on a PC and play it on a different one, don't you agree with me ?

I can agree with you on that, but that's not Denuvo let alone Doom, that's Steam itself. Your account cache is invalid if your PC changes, which prevents offline mode from working until you sign back in.
Strangely, you're right about the processor being related to that, but for the wrong system. Steam uses your processor for your local authentication. This way, nobody can copy your Steam install and then claim to be you with automatic sign-in. Fairly standard security measure nowadays, and the reason why the offline cache invalidates if you change your own hardware.

But of course, that only goes as far as Steam. Once you sign back in properly, everything you have will work again, regardless of what PC it's on.