Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sephiroth

DooM has an add

If you remeber way back in 1993-1995 there was a TV add for doom, doom2 and doom on the jag/32x. the add for doom and the 32x version where the common ones on TV, infact i have a tape that was a recordeing of some TV show that has both of those on it. anyway the doom 1 add started with a tought looking marien saying do you have the guns to survive, then it showed clips from E1M4(the maze part) and E1M5. then the guy truned around and screamed, imp and demon sounds where in the back ground. the 32x version played the same demos but had a different looking guy. the doom2 add had the marien, this time with an eye patch and a shot gun, saying "you may have survive the first one, but get ready for a whole new war." then it showed demos from map 09, 20(cyberdemon) map 10, and then map 29.

as for the jag add, was exactly similar to the 32x add just i said now for the jaguar system

On the ad for Doom2 on the PC, there is a screenshot of an arch-vile. I've also seen that shot on the box.
20 bucks to the person that can tell me what level that is ;)

Use3D said:

if I knew you weren't serious I'd actually load doom2 and look. =P

Sephiroth said:

too bad i can take the doom1 add off the tape and upload it here

I'm sure there are ways...

I should go thru the old mags and get the Doom 64 ads. Those rocked. I remember the morge one of a guy getting wheeled to the room with a Doom 64 Pentegram on the door.

Use3D said:

On the ad for Doom2 on the PC, there is a screenshot of an arch-vile. I've also seen that shot on the box.

Map16.

Maybe it is map 16, but those textures aren't in Map16 at all. The shot of the chaingun dudes getting mowed down is definitely map15, but again, the textures are all fugged up.

a long time ago i almost broke my brain tyring to find that area in Doom2. It looks like these shots were taken of the maps before the Doom2 texture set was finished.

There are two Archvile screenshots on the box. They're Map16 and Map11. The Suburbs is the only level I know with plasma rifles on pedestals like that.

I have a scanned copy of the banned doom advert, featuring lots of offal. I think I'll send it to the 'page of doom' chaps.

NiGHTMARE said:

Cool. Does it have a subtract too? =p

It's called killing. It helps in Doom ;)

I remember the ant one from an old Electronic Gaming Monthly mag. I always think of that at some point while i'm dooming, because that's exactly what it's like...good thing fire ants can kick carpenter ants' asses any day!

I had a magazine with the offal ad, in an article about GT Interactive's new releases at the time?

My friend and I were going through some old mags the other day and we found quite a few awesome adds, one was for PSX Doom, one for Heretic. and 3 for hexen, one for PC, n64 and psx.

If I had a scanner, i'd scan 'em. But I don't :P

Use3D said:

Easy. Map16 foo. :) At least I think that's the right map number. I haven't played that level in years literally. :(

elbryan42 said:

I should go thru the old mags and get the Doom 64 ads. Those rocked. I remember the morge one of a guy getting wheeled to the room with a Doom 64 Pentegram on the door.

"We made it the toughest ever because you look so good in black."
Man, that game kicked ass. :)