Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snapshot

Convince id Software & Bethesda to add Mod Support to the New Doom video game.

I Signed though, I don't want to see this game die after all of the hype and teasing id and Bethesda have done since 2015 .

Also signed, tho I have a bad feeling id and Bethesda don't give a shit as much as they once did.

E3 is a week after Sunday, so we'll see what iDthesda have in store for us (I couldn't decide if I wanted to say iD or Bethesda, so I just said both :P)

Mmm.

Better be an Quake announcement.

Other then that, I'm sure Id doesn't give a shit. They'll probably keep the SnapMap brand.

Signed, though I really don't anticipate this going anywhere.

Even if it happened, the tools would need to be more accessible than their last game's, and I assume that in itself would take a lot of work. AFAIK Rage had full mod support and there's like one mod on ModDB. Call me a pessimist but it doesn't bode well for Doom 4 modding.

Signed.

But I'm not sure how id is going to add mod support, with what the resources file format being used.

They need to add mod support, so if we want to create more levels, maybe even bring in the HD recreations of Doom's original assets into the new Doom, stuff like that.

Or even use an electric guitar to bitch-slap people with.... like that one DOOM II mod I saw a while back.

=)

Signed. With my given reason being "Because SnapMap is what the Doom community deserves... But not what it needs right now" :D

Im curious. If mod support does get added, i wonder how many mods will actually get made aside from HD texture packs and alternate skins?

Convince them to fix whatever is wrong with the game so I can actually finish the damn thing without having to buy a console and a copy of the game for that console.

jazzmaster9 said:

Im curious. If mod support does get added, i wonder how many mods will actually get made aside from HD texture packs and alternate skins?

As much as Doom 3 got .

StevieCybernetik said:

Convince them to fix whatever is wrong with the game so I can actually finish the damn thing without having to buy a console and a copy of the game for that console.

you sure it's not a problem on your end?

I've seen like, only two or three people who had crash-related issues and stuff for every eight or so people who claim to have had a little stuttering, but nothing that bad.

StevieCybernetik said:

There's a thread on the steam page that is 62 pages long of different people having this issue.

There's videos of people marathoning the entire game on PC, and the media hasn't stopped showing it off. There maybe a problem, but it's demonstrably affecting a small fraction of players, and your issues that you keep harping on about, in every thread you can be bothered to post in, are outright unique.

Furthermore, of course they'll be investigating the issue, there's no possible way they couldn't be with the planned single/multiplayer updates (that they have said they are doing). The thing is at the end of every development cycle most of the team will vanish on a much needed vacation and you'll be left with a skeleton crew maintaining minor QOL issues, and the actual crashing issue only affecting a minor fraction of people isn't enough to keep a few already tired programmers to pull in more hours to diagnose and fix.

Try to be a little less smarmy. You won't come off as such a gigantic tool that way. If 62+ pages of different people having an issue can be amassed than it's more than something unique to only my system.

StevieCybernetik said:

Try to be a little less smarmy. You won't come off as such a gigantic tool that way. If 62+ pages of different people having an issue can be amassed than it's more than something unique to only my system.

So I take it you have no idea how fractions work? Good to know. The fact of the matter is there is just not nearly enough media coverage than there should be if the problem was more widespread. Of course if you have a thread full of people posting about an issue for a thread dedicated to entirely that issue, you'll have a thread containing only that issue. However with the lack of attention from the media, it can thus only be a small subset of people affected, and the game is provably playable.

Also a Steam thread filled with duplicates of a selection of users hardly counts as a qualifier.

StevieCybernetik said:

than it's more than something unique to only my system.

StevieCybernetik said:

Whatever it affected just made the issue I was having even worse. Now, instead of a mere random shutdown, the game outright freezes and then forces my entire screen to black. Ctrl Alt Del-ing doesn't even pull me out of it. This issue didn't even occur once until this patch came through. This is ridiculous, and I've about had it with Id-Thesda. I've never had this many issues with a game before, even one in alpha or beta...but this is a full on release we're talking about here. It barely feels like it was really finished on time before it hit store shelves...

Pretty sure that's unique.

Edward850 said:

There's videos of people marathoning the entire game on PC, and the media hasn't stopped showing it off. There maybe a problem, but it's demonstrably affecting a small fraction of players, and your issues that you keep harping on about, in every thread you can be bothered to post in, are outright unique.

Furthermore, of course they'll be investigating the issue, there's no possible way they couldn't be with the planned single/multiplayer updates (that they have said they are doing). The thing is at the end of every development cycle most of the team will vanish on a much needed vacation and you'll be left with a skeleton crew maintaining minor QOL issues, and the actual crashing issue only affecting a minor fraction of people isn't enough to keep a few already tired programmers to pull in more hours to diagnose and fix.

Think how much he spent on the product. He's not lying about the 62 pages either. He's got every right to complain.

TheWizard said:

Think how much he spent on the product. He's not lying about the 62 pages either. He's got every right to complain.

Did you forget programmers are people or something? Sure they can complain, but are the programmers not allowed to take a break or something after 3+ years of development? What's wrong with you?

Also I'm pretty sure forcing the programmers to not take a vacation is actually illegal. There's working regulations for that sort of thing. Most of the crew will be taking the first break they had in 3 years, and this is universal to pretty much any game developed.

Now, see the thing is it's very easy to say that everyone is affected by something because you are affected, but the inability to see the bigger picture is astounding sometimes. The game has a "Very positive" rating on Steam at this time and is currently in the top 99 player counts with 4,925 current players and a peak of 10,948. That's not even nearly small enough for the crashing problem to be a majority issue.

Edward850 said:

Did you forget programmers are people or something? Sure they can complain, but are the programmers not allowed to take a break or something after 3+ years of development? What's wrong with you?

Also I'm pretty sure forcing the programmers to not take a vacation is actually illegal. There's working regulations for that sort of thing. Most of the crew will be taking the first break they had in 3 years, and this is universal to pretty much any game developed.

Listen, I literally am a programmer, I'm guessing you are too since you're so passionate about this but I don't think you get it. If anything this is an issue of the publisher announcing release dates way before a game is even close to finished, so when it's crunch time some major bugs don't get fixed. That being said, people have purchased the game. When you spend money on something and expect it to work but it doesn't, you're allowed to complain. So what's wrong with you?

Of course they are allowed to report issues, that's expected. Does this mean that StevieCybernetik should slam every thread in Doom4 bitching about it? I fail to see how that could ever be justified.

Edward850 said:

Of course they are allowed to report issues, that's expected. Does this mean that StevieCybernetik should slam every thread in Doom4 bitching about it? I fail to see how that could ever be justified.

Yeah totally every single thread and definitely EVERY post he makes.

Because that's definitely what he's done.

They won't add true mod support because they want to sell us both SP and MP DLC down the line. Unlike id as a standalone company, ZeniMax knows how to run a business.

Edward850 said:

My buddy's in direct contact with Bethesda about CTD. Still he hasn't been able to play since release. Bethesda has no idea what's causing it lol.