Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NotUsingThisWebsiteAnymore

What's your favorite part about the new DOOM?

The lore, the retconned identity of the protagonist and the icon of sin. Seraphim, night sentinels and wraiths. :) demonlords and so many ideas for bosses in more prequels or sesquels from them!

That levels is one of the reasons I love the art style in this game (seriously the blue and white lighting made the whole level feel very different and "cold" from the rest of the game)

For example, every single level has a different type of art style going on under the doom 2016 aesthetic umbrella

Spoiler

level1: out door Mars environment, very sandy (oranges and reds)
2: dark industrial area with lots of shadows (reds and blacks)
3: industrial lava type place, lots of fire (yellow/brown)
4: outdoor industrial area with lots of smog, also various clean laboratory areas to break up the style (orange/brown)
5: industrial area that leads into a high tech facility (green/redbrown) -> (blues and reds)
6: sulfurous rocky floaty land with fire and death and shit (yellows/brown/orange)
7: same as level 4 but with more reds and high tech areas
I could go on with the rest but I'm too lazy (level 11 is a very "dead" level, lots of grays, I loved this level)

I absolutely love the art and detail that was painted over this game, it truly made it a work of art

I Spend most of my time staring at the demon's asses and under gut's from the backside on the model veiwer. Good Times.

MrGlide said:

I Spend most of my time staring at the demon's asses and under gut's from the backside on the model veiwer. Good Times.

So I'm not the only one.

Hue Hue.

BluePineapple72 said:

That levels is one of the reasons I love the art style in this game (seriously the blue and white lighting made the whole level feel very different and "cold" from the rest of the game)

For example, every single level has a different type of art style going on under the doom 2016 aesthetic umbrella

Spoiler

level1: out door Mars environment, very sandy (oranges and reds)
2: dark industrial area with lots of shadows (reds and blacks)
3: industrial lava type place, lots of fire (yellow/brown)
4: outdoor industrial area with lots of smog, also various clean laboratory areas to break up the style (orange/brown)
5: industrial area that leads into a high tech facility (green/redbrown) -> (blues and reds)
6: sulfurous rocky floaty land with fire and death and shit (yellows/brown/orange)
7: same as level 4 but with more reds and high tech areas
I could go on with the rest but I'm too lazy (level 11 is a very "dead" level, lots of grays, I loved this level)

I absolutely love the art and detail that was painted over this game, it truly made it a work of art

Spot on!

I loved how they listened to the criticism of how drab the game looked and made it so colorful! Especially kadingir. But why were the red keys missing?

Trycon said:

When you disable VEGA.

The build up was very good.

Man I really was hoping VEGA was actually the spider mastermind somehow controlling the whole computer system on Mars (cause you know...giant brain) just to fuck with Doom guy. I think that'd been a really cool twist.

I think they wanted VEGA to be on Doom Slayer's side, or at least on both sides.

Dunno.

One thing i really like on the new Doom is something that it does not have ... massive dialoges, constantly talking npc´s, retard sidequests, moments where you have to follow a npc several minutes, moments where you have to watch other npc´s opening something while they explaining you the enviroment etc. It´s just straight forward gameplay. I really like the way they reduced the dialoges with Hayden and VEGA to a minimum. So its there, they tell you something about the story or something that might be important but its mostly done with 2-3 sentences.

I also like the artstyle a lot (besides the jumppads and the hell guards).

To be honest, so far i cant find anything on the game (SP part!) that i would consider as a real downside. Just spoken for myself.

Most games i played during the last years really bored me, some of them i never finished. And in cases where i finished them i never touched them again. Recently i finished dishonored and i cant even remeber the ending. For me, the whole game was so piontles that i had almost forgotten that i have played the game. The game just came back to my mind as i have seen it in a video. But this game really hooked me.

I think they wanted VEGA to be on Doom Slayer's side, or at least on both sides.

Dunno.

I really want to now what he will do with

Spoiler

the backup from vega

Otus said:

Dunno.

I really want to now what he will do with

Spoiler

the backup from vega

Use it to get rid of his tether for one, I think

The weapon mods; the ANIMATIONS! (never seen anything like that in a videogame, everything seems so smooth and natural); the aggressive and smart AI; how they integrated glory kills and the chainsaw without making them a boring mechanic; how the doom slayer is depicted (sadistic and angry all the time); most of the music and sound effects; the arena-like level design; how they merged the best elements of Doom with the best elements of Doom 3 adding also some contemporary elements

I like how I'd explore some of the Foundry level and the next thing I know, BAM, there's a left over Hell Knight I didn't know about and I get scared to death.

That AI, man. They NAILED the AI.

Tritnew said:

I like how I'd explore some of the Foundry level and the next thing I know, BAM, there's a left over Hell Knight I didn't know about and I get scared to death.

That AI, man. They NAILED the AI.

They'll follow you till you're doomed!

The way Doomguy comes across as the ultimate badass.

Other media (games and movies) have to rely on one-liners, semi-cool "look at me, I am bad ass" scenes and stuff like that.

But Doom manages it perfectly to introduce you to the most pissed person in the universe within ten minutes, and it seems believable.

It's in one league to me with:

- Introduction of Korban Dallas in Fifth Element (allthough he does speak, but not much)
- Disco Scene of Blade 1 => Introduction of Daywalker
- Mostly all of the first half of Collateral

It is such a strong and perfect way to introduce someone - even without them saying a word...and this done in first person, and YOU beeing that guy.

I didn't have goosebumps, but it was close, and as cheesy as it might be to some, the introdcution of Doom 2016 to me is one of the best introductions of a "hero" we can relate with from second I have ever seen.

Ya I like how Doom guy is a savage and smashes everything. At first I thought, oh oh, bad ass moment. After a couple of times I just found it all to be funny.

As others have said, I like to think that this is the original Doom Marine from the older games.

Things that really interest me about that.

1:) The classic levels, - Easter eggs/secrets? Or Doom guy reliving his past battles?
2:) The Testaments, love hearing them, also pointing somewhat to the original Doom
3:) The anger, A true ball of rage, I love how ruthless Doomguy is, almost as if he has spent so much time fighting the demonic hoards that he isn't far from a demon himself.
4:) Icon of Sin, in Doom 2's ending it said "it's thrashing limbs devastating untold miles of hells surface", I kind of like to think of that area being the destroyed ruins of Map30, sure it's probably just a tribute, but still.

Am I reading too much into it, of fucking course I am, it's Doom, Doom isn't a story driven game by any means, but I certainly liked having those subtle hints to the Doom Saga without them being forced down my throat with modern day cut scenes.