Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lazygecko

Monster infighting

If it's actually in there, I don't think I have really noticed it. The only instances I have seen clearly are demons fighting eachother before you approach them while in hell, but that seemed moreso pre-scripted than dynamic. Plus they would just ignore their target once it goes into staggered mode and then just start over, which wasn't too fun.

Other than that it just seems way too hard to trigger during encounters, if it's even possible in the first place. Monsters seem to completely ignore stuff like splash damage from the soldier's charged shot, or hell knights doing the stomp/pounce right in front of another monster.

Piper Maru said:

There is monster infighting besides the scripted events.

Yep, I can confirm this. Last night I was playing the final level and during one of the arena battles, a Baron just started going to town on a Revenant from out of nowhere. I'm assuming the Revenant targeted me and hit the Baron by mistake. The infighting doesn't seem to happen as often as it did in the original DOOM games, though. I'm not sure what the conditions must be for it to happen, because I've lured numerous enemies into the projectiles of others and they still haven't fought. Perhaps a certain amount of damage has to be done before the "receiving" enemy gets pissed off and starts fighting back?

There was a video of a revenant bitch slapping the hell out of an imp

The monsters will sometimes fight a bit, but if you walk up towards them that seems to break up the fight, it seems that killing you is their priority

BluePineapple72 said:

The monsters will sometimes fight a bit, but if you walk up towards them that seems to break up the fight, it seems that killing you is their priority

you're right, I've seen a baron fighting a revenant yesterday and I moved closer to have a better look at them and they started to attack me

So they're smarter about it. If they see you, they know they've still got a job to complete but, if they can't see you, all of a sudden they're at each other's throats and they forget you existed.

I have seen a great fight between a Revenant and I think it was a Mancubus. Both enemies surprisingly mobile, jumping between platforms and firing projectiles.

It happened at the foot of the descending stepping stones, before the final area at Into the Fire (Kadingir Sanctum). I was at the top some distance away.

Gadbury said:

I have seen a great fight between a Revenant and I think it was a Mancubus. Both enemies surprisingly mobile, jumping between platforms and firing projectiles.

It happened at the foot of the descending stepping stones, before the final area at Into the Fire (Kadingir Sanctum). I was at the top some distance away.

that's one of the scripted events :)

Oh, damn! I was hoping someone was not going to say that as I was typing it out =D

Gadbury said:

Is this scripted too? I took this video from one of the latter hell levels.

https://youtu.be/GZh21rzlnjk

Yup, it's one of the scripted events.

I think the only time I saw accurate infighting is when the Hell Knight and Revenant fought with eachother in Titan's Realm.

Normally its hard to notice because well if you spectate just for a few seconds, you might just die from the other demons that are after you..

But yeah Ive seen infighting or saw glimpses of it throughout my campaign run.