Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ImpieEyez95

DOOM '16 Maps Into Doom 2 [Mappers wanted?]

In case of sounding like a broken record hehe, no one is gonna agree to help you (usually) if you don't already have something to show (screenshots, videos, maps, etc...).

It's awesome to have super cool and whatnot project ideas but they tend to die fast if you don't follow the above "rules".

I did not want to sound mean of course, just giving you a piece of advise ^^

takensorryuser said:

Let me know.

It wouldn't be a good idea, anyway, unless you pulled some sort of "idification" card and turned the base layouts into something more suited to Doom 1/2. Square peg; round hole, etc..

EDIT: Oh, silly me, Doom '16 is id! I'll need to pitch a new coinage to my TWiD pals to get around this problem.

If I still had my PC, I would've helped, while watching YouTube videos of the Doom maps (don't have it :( but I can improvise).

But I don't, and I'm sorry for that.

Why don't YOU make the first map of Doom 2016 first?

I'm about to embark on a Doom 64 TC of my own for ZDoom (starting with just the first cluster of maps), but I'm not going to ask anyone for mapping help.

If you want to get a Doom 2016 TC going, you're going to have to put the first foot forward and make a map, or at least a good portion of one, before others will even consider helping.

Sodaholic said:

I'm about to embark on a Doom 64 TC of my own for ZDoom (starting with just the first cluster of maps), but I'm not going to ask anyone for mapping help.

this sounds like a fairly pointless ordeal, considering Doom 64 EX exists. unless you're making new, Doom 64-styled levels?

Doomhuntress said:

this sounds like a fairly pointless ordeal, considering Doom 64 EX exists. unless you're making new, Doom 64-styled levels?

No, converting them and making them feel PC Doom style, similar to the dead D64 for D2 project. Perhaps I should call it more of a partial conversion instead of a total conversion.

I mean I might drop the project for all I know, I'm just going to see if I can get the first few maps done. Should be easy enough.

Pedro VC said:

D64 for Doom 2 is dead?

Its leader is indefinitely losered and there's no visible activity.

Sodaholic said:

So basically, you're taking over.

Sodaholic said:

Death Egg isn't losered though. Neither is BaronOfStuff. Also the project isn't dead; just dormant for now.

Impboy4 said:

Death Egg isn't losered though. Neither is BaronOfStuff. Also the project isn't dead; just dormant for now.

Huh, Baron was still losered last I checked, which wasn't actually too long ago. Glad he's not anymore. Regardless of the status of the project, I still want to do it my own way.