Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sephiroth

true E1M1

after playing the betas of doom i was left with one question, why didnt they leave E2M7 as E1M1. hell it is one of my favorite maps in doom. it would have been a great first map, well maybe a bit hard, but it would have shown off all kinds of cool doom stuff. they could have taken out the E2 monsters and maybe a few of the textures. The map is one of the originals with alot of detail, hell of a lot more than e1m1. has Id ever said why the made the original starting map to E2M7?

others of my favorites are e1m2, e1m4, e1m5, e1m7, e1m8, e2m2, e2m7 and e3m3

I agree it would have made a great e1m1 map, however they would have to make the exit very easy to access and in the beginning of the level. This way all the other stuff would be optional too visit and the map wouldn't be to hard.

EDIT: and ofcourse texture changes to make it match the rest of E1

bigbadgangsta said:

*shakes his head sadly*

dammit man, keep it steady, it's not really that easy to put my penis in the right spot with you shaking your head like that. =]

orion said:

dammit man, keep it steady, it's not really that easy to put my penis in the right spot with you shaking your head like that. =]

*shakes his head so fast his dreadlocks become razor blades*

I've heard (read, really) that e2m7 was a map based on a real military installation or bunker (made by Tom Hall), and that later Romero or someone modified it. It's too long, IMO, for a 1st map.

myk said:

I've heard (read, really) that e2m7 was a map based on a real military installation or bunker (made by Tom Hall), and that later Romero or someone modified it. It's too long, IMO, for a 1st map.

yes, with an exit, not too far from the start all the other stuff would be optional, and maybe one imp or shotgunner per room. Well, atleast that's the only way I can think of getting e2m7 to work as e1m1.

*shakes his head so fast his dreadlocks become razor blades*

kinky.