Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
BahdKo

www.doom2.net back up, accounts need fixed, also update to chat server

doom2.net was down for a while, as I was moving it to new hardware.

It's back up now. The user-created pages are there, but the account names and passwords have to be re-created. If you have existing hosting, you will need to email me to straighten that out.

I finally put real contact info on this site - - can now be reached at bahdko@doom2.net. The old bahdko@erols.com has been invalid for years.

The http://chat.doom2.net service has been migrated as well, and has had its ssl certificate replaced. The accounts on the new server should all be working with their former usernames and passwords. I emailed all the account holders that I had email addresses for with an update about it (not all accounts had emails stored - fx, baraka, others). I tried to also make the contact lists be right.

The chat.doom2.net xmpp service does not get used very much - - I hear that a lot of people are deepthroating Facebook these days and therefore don't need it.

I note that so much of the information on doom2.net is deeply out of date. I'm thinking about doing something about that. Additionally, Andy had expressed an interest in working on the doom history part, since it stops um... a while back. Maybe that will happen. In any case, nobody has to worry about the site's 'great' year 2000 'style' (catstrophe) going away. The site will stay looking like it belongs back in 1998 and continue to be edited with text editors and html editors that resemble Netscape Composer.

Vorpal said:

The world is right again!

You are one of the ones who I didn't have an email address for on the chat server. Do you want your login info or anything?

Now we just need TeamTNT back.

BahdKo said:

I note that so much of the information on doom2.net is deeply out of date. I'm thinking about doing something about that. Additionally, Andy had expressed an interest in working on the doom history part, since it stops um... a while back. Maybe that will happen. In any case, nobody has to worry about the site's 'great' year 2000 'style' (catstrophe) going away. The site will stay looking like it belongs back in 1998 and continue to be edited with text editors and html editors that resemble Netscape Composer.

Leave it. I view the site as a historical document.

Hey BahdKo, would you be interested in seeing some of my doom art to possibly be added to the site?

This is very good news indeed! This is frontpage worthy if you ask me.

I vaguely remember stumbling across this before having a look at some DM wads. Glad to see it back up for historical significance. Nice bit of history there that shouldn't go unnoticed, nice one for getting it back up.

It's not just historical, she's given me some space on the server and I am trying to make semi-regular banal self-absorbed updates

oh sup

Will the Doom Depot subdomain be coming back? It was the only place you could download the Doom 64 TC from.