Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blueworrior

Freedoom Music Entries

I have some music for phase 2. I have a few prepared already and I'm gonna make as many as I can and post them all here:
.rar containing MAP01, MAP06, MAP08, MAP10:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ugsyx2pjgldxbkz/Freedoom2-I.zip?dl=1
MAP05, MAP17
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2jbfh6x5x68zqxs/Freedoom2-II.rar?dl=1
MAP12, MAP15
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9w5vrr8a7lrhssh/Freedoom2-III.rar?dl=0
Constructive criticism is very much welcome.
Map numbers subject to change

I like them! (Not much of constructive criticism, eh? :)) Anyways, I use Winamp to play music so it's hard to tell if the MIDIs loop seamlessly, but I'm sure they do.

Thank you! I appreciate compliments too :)
I'm currently working on the next batch. I figured it would be more efficient and tidier to release them in bulk.

Could you upload a ZIP instead? My phone can't seem to open the RAR file (wrongHeaderType with ES File Explorer and Extract Exception with the default file browser).

Really, want to hear these new entries.

How strange.
The file size should have increased, as shown in File Size at the page. The RAR file was 8.48 KB. This ZIP file is also 8.48 KB... and it doesn't open(says its a bad file).

WTH is going on?

Dragonfly said:

Can't listen here, but I repackaged the zip and uploaded it to FileDropper for you.

Go get 'em.

Says "Download unsuccesful".

And why is it 0kb in size(according to FileDropper)?

Odd. I re-downloaded it myself and it was 13kb. Here's a Dropbox link. This link won't be permanent, I will be purging my Dropbox of 'crap I don't need' at some point, but not for a few days yet at least.

This should work...

It worked!

Ok... I like these MIDIs.
MAP06 seems like a E1M3 track at first, but with more tunes. I love it.
MAP08 is awesome just the way it is. Nice rhythm and gives this sense of peace.
MAP10 is perfect for me.
MAP01 is well done, but I feel like it should be more fast paced in order to fit MAP01

On a personal note: they make me think of SRB2.

Why don't you submit them to slots that use shared tracks?
All these use the same track:

Map02/Map15

Map24/map05

E2M7/Map08

Map01/E2M5

E3M3/Map17

E3M4/Map28

And many more.

A good idea. Although these tracks were made for specific levels, i suppose there's no harm in moving them around where appropriate. To make it less confusing though, I'll just made the tracks to the map numbers like i have and you guys can decide where they can go.

Making headway on the next batch, slowly but surely. Hopefully get them done soon :3

Damn it, its not downloading. Why tinyupload, why not mediafire or gamefront or something? The file download says its 8.78 kb (WTF).

Help.

Honestly, the best no-bs upload service is Dropbox. Just change the ?dl=0 on the end of a link to ?dl=1 and it cuts the download page out and goes straight to the file. It's free, ad-free, more secure than most other shitty hosting sites and allows you to hand a desktop /mobile client for auto syncing updates.

duly noted. sorry for the trouble, I was using tinyupload because i was recommended it the last time i started making music here. I'm gonna change the links to Dropbox and hopefully that will be the end of the issues. Thanks for the recommendation, Dragonfly!

I checked out your two new MIDIs.

Map05 strangely reminds me of a level from SRB2

Map17 is pretty cool, fast paced and all that.

I like how all these MIDIs aren't some hard-to-hear-over-the-SFX MIDIs, and how lively it feels.

Can't wait for Freedoom 0.10.2.

Thanks, Voros!
I have a great time making MIDIs because all i have to worry about is making the melody and basic mixing. No spending hours getting the balance right or fine tuning how an instrument sounds, just choose the one you like and away you go!
I used to play SRB2 back when i was a kid, but i assure you, any resemblance is to music from it is pure coincidence :L
There's been a lot of exiting things happening with Freedoom recently, it's gonna be a helluva good update!
edit: my grammar sucks

In case anyone wants to know:

I tested most of these in a WAD and used PrBoom+ with OPL2(3?idk).

They are a bit hard to hear in game.

SO
I contacted the author and now he claims he increased the volume/pitch on all of them.

Heres the link to the updated version
https://www.dropbox.com/s/exx7gdt987tp38v/FD1%262-Louder.rar?dl=0

I haven't tried ATM, but i will. Until then, what do you people think?

hah, I'm not afraid of being told it's not suitable: I'd rather make something that I'm sure would fit the bill, so to speak! You sure it's okay? I'm more than happy to go back to the drawing board if it isn't.

It oddly fits map31. At least that's how I felt.

Your map15 is actually the best MIDI file you donated, as it plays well in OPL2 and has good volume.

please unban zerthex "my account" its the only thing that keeps me happy..

yeh i know i have sinned a couple of times and ranted about things but please! i doesent mean i have to be banned. hell there a people far worse then me!

also i will be deleteing this account after i get unbanned