Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
bzzrak

Bleeding wall texture?

Hi there Doomworld... Oh great Doom gurus, help me with this problem!

What I have is a corridor. It has an outer, 72-high sector and an inner, 128-high one. Now, the upper texture between them, as well as the floor flat of the inner sector, bleeds if viewed from the right spot.
---
Here's the part that gives me a headache:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/qkdnanhh1h64y3i/WHYGOD2.wad
(E1M1, 28 KB)
Stand on the blood-textured floor and look at the wall...
BTW, the bug appears only in Chocolate Doom and Doom Legacy.
---
Screenshots (finally learned to post images, yay!):

Spoiler

Those are just results of imprecisions in the renderer's calculations due to the fact that you're standing (nigh-)exactly on a linedef that is being rendered. It's an inherent part of the Doom engine, nothing that a mapper can do anything about. Advanced ports improve that behavior. It's well noticeable in your map because the inner sector's walls are exactly as far from the outer walls as is the player's radius, thus making the player likely to stand exactly on a linedef if he bumps into the wall.

scifista42 said:

Those are just results of imprecisions in the renderer's calculations due to the fact that you're standing (nigh-)exactly on a linedef that is being rendered. It's an inherent part of the Doom engine, nothing that a mapper can do anything about. Advanced ports improve that behavior. It's well noticeable in your map because the inner sector's walls are exactly as far from the outer walls as is the player's radius, thus making the player likely to stand exactly on a linedef if he bumps into the wall.

That's a pity. Thanks a lot, I've been trying to fix this for a week or two! :]