Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomPhreak

Demons' damage numbers always show when demons are hurt by hazards

In my Gameplay Settings, I already set "show damage numbers" to false. But apparently that only pertains to damage done by the player. If demons are damaged by hazards, such as fire, explosion, etc., their damage numbers still appear floating near them when they get hurt by those hazards. Is there a way to disable those also, or is this another one of Snapmap's shortcomings?

Very annoying. On my zombies map I wanted to have flaming zombies slowly shambling out of the fire. Seeing them coming at you on fire is intense unfortunately seeing "20" over and over makes the whole event seem silly.

Can you just make the fire not do damage?

Or put an invisible hazard that only affects players over the fire (after you've removed the damage)? Is it possible to use filters for hazards?

You could also put a player blocking volume to stop people into moving into the fire.

There's plenty of ways to still get that cool aesthetic! go for it

Unfortunately for my strategy that wouldn't work. If the damage is set to 0
I'm pretty sure that the zombies wouldn't catch on fire which would ruin the point. This is just one of those things they need to fix. As a programmer I'm familiar with the complexity and logic of doing certain things. Changing whether the fire displays damage for the demons wouldn't require that much work at all on the Dev's part, nor would adding a demon-blocking object which is really needed.

It sounds like an oversight to me. If Damage Numbers are disabled, they shouldn't show up no matter how enemies are damaged. I almost guarantee you the SnapMap guys overlooked it and forgot to apply the "no damage numbers" logic to hazard-based damage.