Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Da Eediot

The Carmageddon Thread

I searched through the Doomworld Forums and I couldn't find any threads dedicated specifically to Carmageddon. So here's a thread for talking about the Carmageddon games.

What is your favorite Carmageddon game?

MrDeAD1313 said:

https://www.doomworld.com/vb/everything-else/85547-carmageddon-reincarnation/

;)

But I guess it wasn't really an open topic thread about Carmageddon. I'm a huge fan. I gotta say the original is probably my favorite, though I like every one of them including tdr.

Yeah, that was the only Carmageddon thread I could find, but it was specifically about Carmageddon: Reincarnation instead of the entire series.

Do you play reincarnation at all? It's great. And the Max Damage release should be a nice upgrade for it. Especially cool that it's gonna be a console release as well :D

With the exception of Fear Factory, Carmageddon 2 basically improved upon the original in every way. I haven't played the new one enough to say for sure if it's the best.

I actually prefer the original, i thought the style was better and a lot darker, better level design, the head cam, no horrible missions to play etc.
I did like Carma 2 but it just had a few too many niggling issues for me to recommend it over the original.

^My thoughts exactly. It was awesome don't get me wrong, but the original was so gritty and raw that it takes first for me. I actually think tdr was darker than carma2 in a lot of ways. I don't understand the hate it got honestly (although it has been quite a few years since I can honestly compare carma2 to tdr2000 so don't quote me in the darker than 2 thing just yet ;))

I love very first Carmageddon - perfect gory game, and I still love it to play it on my phone. One of the biggest impressions I ever had. Love racing game with destructions since Road Rash series. Twisted Metal 2, Vigilante 8, FlatOut 2, Burnout Revenge e t.c. Mmm... :>

MrDeAD1313 said:

Do you play reincarnation at all? It's great. And the Max Damage release should be a nice upgrade for it. Especially cool that it's gonna be a console release as well :D

I haven't played it yet. I want to though.

NoisM said:

I love very first Carmageddon - perfect gory game, and I still love it to play it on my phone. One of the biggest impressions I ever had. Love racing game with destructions since Road Rash series. Twisted Metal 2, Vigilante 8, FlatOut 2, Burnout Revenge e t.c. Mmm... :>

Yeah. Carrmageddon is better than all the other vehicular combat games in my opinion.

Have any of you played Carmageddon TDR 2000? It's not a bad game, contrary to popular belief. Once you freeze the timer with cheat codes, it makes the game more fun.

I love the first and third Carma games very muchly. The original is still the best as far as I'm concerned, I'll have to see how I feel about the new one when the Max Damage release is out. Hopefully I can score Reincarnation on sale beforehand though.

I too don't understand the hate for the third much, besides that it took its artistic liberties more heavily (Mad Max in particular) and is possibly intended more as a destructive racing game than a sandbox fuck-a-round. But turn off the timer and it can be just like the originals. I like its aesthetic a lot (post-apocalyptic), and I found most of the missions to be pretty enjoyable compared to the ones in the second.

I haven't played the second since I was much younger though (around 12 I think) so I'll have to see how well it's aged since once I get around to it. I recently beat the original and absolutely adored every moment of it despite some of its limitations and problems that were later remedied in the other installments. Once I got that Suppressor in Blood on the Rooftops the game completely took a different change of pace and it became like a tale of revenge and catharsis for getting this far and now winning through any means necessary even if it means to cheese the competition (those late races suck anyway with the Eagle even at max APO).

Finishing up the races I didn't get to do the first time around due to the ranking system of the original and then I'll be playing the Splat Pack. Which I remember even less of than the second, hope it's just as good. Overall really looking forward to Max Damage. For a shock game series, Carmageddon's got a lot of humor and personality that seems to go over some people's heads.