Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
40oz

is ultra nightmare any good?

AwesomeO-789 said:

I finally after two days broke my record on Ultra Nightmare mode. Finished the 3rd level then just, gonna play the 4th tomorrow. That feeling of knowing that if you screw up one tiny bit and get hit by a little tiny fireball you can lose most - if not all, of your health and that if you die you have to restart all over again is intense as shit.

During that final battle in the 3rd level my heart was beating so fast and so hard I thought I was gonna fucking die haha, basically this was me:

https://media.giphy.com/media/lgze1xdAEE1iw/giphy.gif

Would 100% recommend ultra nightmare mode if you've 100%ed the game and are looking for a greater challenge.

Fkn right haha! The final part is with the 2 hell knights on those 2 circular platforms right? OMFG I hated that part in normal NM.

Kudos to you mate, it will only get easier now. How ironic - the beginning is harder because you have no upgrades at all.

PS Can you save the game in UNM? Because I have tried in level 2 but cant figure out how.

massivefanofdoom said:

Fkn right haha! The final part is with the 2 hell knights on those 2 circular platforms right? OMFG I hated that part in normal NM.

Kudos to you mate, it will only get easier now. How ironic - the beginning is harder because you have no upgrades at all.

Oh my fucking god I know! And those imps... Their charged fireballs nearly got me a few times when I was on about 50 health (lucky I put my upgrades into health instead of ammo this run, I'd have been dead meat wayyyy earlier had I chosen ammo instead). The plasma rifle's stun bomb add-on saved my life more than a few times in that battle.

massivefanofdoom said:

PS Can you save the game in UNM? Because I have tried in level 2 but cant figure out how.

You can exit and save the game after completing a level and it'll keep your progress. I think if you reach a checkpoint and exit the game it saves there too. No manual saving.

Well, Ultra Violence is enough for me as I am just a casual player. "I am too young to die" and "Hurt me plenty" are too easy for me. So Ultra Violence is enough for me. Nightmare is too hard and i will not waste my time for ultra-Nightmare. My heart will beat very fast if I play ultra nightmare. It is because I don't want to die in that mode or that's it!  

Still love it, played through two times already and will do a third run eventually :) Also if there will be a similar mode for DOOM Eternal when it comes out will be sure to do it too ;)

On 6/11/2016 at 5:35 AM, Buckshot said:

Key based server authentication. First, you have to complete a prerequisite difficulty mode to prove you know what you're about to get into to. If you're stats aren't good enough, you can't proceed to play the only-once mode.

Once you prove youre capble of such extreme difficulty and forfeiture of that mode if you fail to the games qualification system, you enter a key to access that mode that authenticates via master server.

Once you die, it invalidates the key, and boom... it's inaccessible forever.

You don't get an award for completing... but you do get a award if you fail. So everyone knows you fucked up permantley along with a server-side corpse marker in the game for others to see as they take their one and only shot at it. ;)

No... just no.

On 6/10/2016 at 11:18 PM, MrGlide said:

Since someone else bumped this thread, I feel fine with responding to your 2016 post :) 

The game you mentioned was cancelled. They ran out of money, and investors didn't want to invest in their game. This came as a surprise to absolutely no one, as there was zero sustainable business model behind a game that players could only play 1 time ever.

Absolutely wish I could enjoy it, but nightmare is a real nightmare bro (at least with eternal).

Tried a few times but it just becomes irritating at some point. Especially as you have to re-play the earlier maps over and over. I even tried to back up the save files so I could try it again after dying, but as there is no reward or no real accomplishment for doing it so I just gave it up. I had more fun playing Arcade mode instead.

On 3/23/2019 at 12:16 PM, kennyc222 said:

Well, Ultra Violence is enough for me as I am just a casual player.

DOOM on Ultra Violence is reasonably hard at the beginning, spiking a lot in the first hell level and the next techbase level which is incredibly hard (Summoners are OP, and I only managed to survive and kill them by using insta-kill items such as the chainsaw, BFG or berserk). After that, it becomes really repetitive (even for a Doom game) and is made easy by player's increase in level and equipment. That's why I'm considering replaying DOOM in Nightmare mode... I prefer my DOOM Slayer to be cautious and afraid, just like the DOOM3 marine, and setting up really deadly monsters is a way.