Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andrea Rovenski

Bloodstain demos [-complevel 9]

Post your demos for Bloodstain here. It is a limit removing wad by Pipicz.

Complevel 2 should suffice when using prboom-plus, but there have been reports of problems and possible need of complevel 9 (Boom) on some maps, so proceed with caution. It should also be noted that the wad was promised a patched version that would fix the numerous bugs present throughout the mapset. This never happened, but it is still possible a future update might break the demos for the old version.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Bloodstain
MAP01 UV Max in 2:08
MAP01 Tyson in 2:36

bstaindemos_1-27-16.zip

The textfile says "Advanced engine needed : Boom Compatible Ports (-complevel 2 compatible)" but I've read people had issues with -cl 2 so 9 might be better if it's working fine.

Vanilla Doom has some limitation you know and one of it - no conveyor. Of course no one will be teleport if this was used there... or used some unknown action which is known for Boom, not for Vanilla.

The big issue with Bloodstain demos is that there's supposedly a bugfix in the works. The /idgames upload contains a lot of minor annoying bugs like monsters not porting in, etc. Or is that considered dead? We originally decided to wait it out to avoid version chaos, but I'm not going to hell a demo thread if you guys get impatient. It does have an official upload after all.

Cyber asked him in the thread for a status update and he never replied to that message afaik, so it seems like the status is unknown.

I guess nothing scary will happen if I release D2ALL UV-speed on it. At least in several years when will be released final version - my demo and demos who probably gonna make some max will be putted in folder with bloodstain_old as it is with Sunder for example.

kraflab said:

Cyber asked him in the thread for a status update and he never replied to that message afaik, so it seems like the status is unknown.

ask again i guess lol

I wouldn't hold my breath on fixes anytime soon since Pipicz hasn't been active for a while now.

If someone creates a thread I'll start posting my demos but I'm not trying to screw things up so I'll hold off till then.

I'll just have dew merge cyber's misc posts into this thread at the top and retitle it. This is the thread. Unless dew wants to merge the misc posts with the above demo and start fresh that way. But anyway, he can move your posts to wherever it ends up, so no reason not to just post your demos here.

Yeah, no reason to hold back anymore. I can always split off the chaff if necessary, but I'd say including the discussion within the demo tread is historically relevant. :P

Are anyone here interested to change title of thread into 'Bloodstain demos [-complevel 9]'?

Azuruish said:

Are anyone here interested to change title of thread into 'Bloodstain demos [-complevel 9]'?

I guess a mod has to do that, right?

You should be able to change it yourself if you edit the first post. Although that may not be allowed in the demos forum.

Rayzik said:

You should be able to change it yourself if you edit the first post. Although that may not be allowed in the demos forum.

I'll try Ray.