Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chodesmear

what do you want to see in DooM III?

A lot of the game has been revealed already (especially in the illegal leaked video). I suggest id keep everything they currently have, and add the following:

• Varied environments. It's nice to hear there will be a few outdoors levels (on Mars or in Hell).
  • Female marines/scientists.
  • Quake II's BFG, with a few tweaks and a cool 3D model instead of a 2D graphic.
  • As many monsters from the original Doom as possible. Especially the Cacodemon, Archvile and Spectre.
  • A heavy, nasty-looking rocket launcher that does as much damage as Doom's, not the wimpy little firecrackers from Quake II & III.
Um, that's all I can think of right now. So far everything we've seen of Doom III looks perfect to me.

Interactive non-combat personnel, realistic weapons (jamming, etc), intelligent enemies, a chainsaw, disemboweled victims that crawl across the floor leaving a trail of blood and begging you to end their suffering...

Mmmm, nice.

Lord FlatHead said:

· Quake II's BFG, with a few tweaks and a cool 3D model instead of a 2D graphic.

I really don't wish they'd have a Quake II's BFG existed in Doom III. I understand why you'd think how cool it sounds and behaves; however, why not let's saving it for Quake IV instead? id should focus on re-making/modifying a brand new Doom-based BFG. Not to mention that I hate Quake II's BFG's functionalities. Doom's BFG is the best of all unrealistic weapons among all the FPS games I've seen so far, especially how it functions during deathmatch.

lol, btw, how'd you make the bullet in your post?

999cop said:

lol, btw, how'd you make the bullet in your post?

use the [list] tag. then use

• tags for the bullets. quote flathead and see what he did for more info :)

- References from previous Doom (not to much but some...)
    - Lot of secret levels and lot of maps
    - A real big boss that takes more than my 19'' screen
    - Well... A perfect game...

• No nostalgic overkill.
    • BIG boss at the end.
    • Varied levels and enemies (many variations of demons etc).
    • Good architecture.
    • QII BFG.

Lord FlatHead said:

• Female marines/scientists.

• Yes! What a brilliant idea. Why not? Possibly even nude o_0

The status bar! for the love of god the status bar!! ;D

And the face goes without saying.

Perhaps if there's overlaying speach, the lips could be synched to it.

Maybe add a couple of magical type weapons that can only be found in Hell, something like the Dark Staff in ROTT.

Shaviro said:

i want to see:

• my feet if I look down

After all these years they still havent done that (probably out of respect to females... think about it)

You could actually see your feet in Gore, but as that was such a crap game, it doesn't really count.

*Intelligent NPCs, or at least decent NPC encounters

* A decent futuristic HUD that doesn't clutter up the screen. I don't really see how the face like that in Doom 1 or 2 would fit in there though.

* HORROR DAMNIT! A System Shock 2 approach for scares and dread would be great, especially if there's clues around about what happened like logs for example (although that does rip SS2 off a bit perhaps).

* A decent melee weapon- at least the fists, a mining saw weapon maybe, but not a chainsaw as it wouldn't fit in.

* Plenty of interactivity in the game.

* Seeing in the dark. A flaslight would really add to the ambience of the game, although it'd be a bit outdated. Perhaps thermal goggles you find later in the game, but there are plenty of demonic spirits that mess up the IR signatures in certain parts i.e false demon IR images, unexplained heat sources etc.

* Demons and demonic images. Imagine going into a room and seeing a pentagram drawn in blood on the wall, with a goat's head in the centre. You step too close to it, it screams loudly which summons demons in behind you. You kill them, the goat's head simply laughs in a spooky distorted manner, then vanishes from the pentagram. Afterwards, Latin words appear on the walls backwards and several pieces of furniture fly around the room while a disembodied voice speaks to you. Freaky and satanic? HELL YEAH!

In this one game I played a while back on the computer (Carnivores 2 IIRC) you could see your (!) cleavage (you were a female) and there was a heart tattoo that was your lifebar. Not feet, but better!

Goat said:

In this one game I played a while back on the computer (Carnivores 2 IIRC) you could see your (!) cleavage (you were a female) and there was a heart tattoo that was your lifebar. Not feet, but better!

it was in trespasser.

a/w i want the original atmosphere and the cool candles and stuff! and of course THE BIGGEST END BOSS THE GAMING WORLD EVER HAD!

Possessed soldiers that seem to act intelligently and as much as possible LIKE real soldiers.
    ALL the old weapons (and I MEAN all).
    ALL the old monsters.
    A few remade old "textures".
    Monsters that feel very much like the old Doom monsters in regards to attacks and hitpoints (hitpoints are extremely important imho - I don't want this game to feel like Quake in the least).

I dunno - maybe later a few ideas will pop up.

+ I want alot of blood and the game must be very very brutal, satanic, dark, scary as hell, mysterious but still alot ALOT of action! and good music like in orginal DooM's.

Shaviro said:

I want to see a plasma rifle with the good old blue effect :)

(dsm ---> AIM)

I want the plasma rifle's effects to look at least as cool as the plasma rifle in JDoom. The gun itself should be about the size of a manheld machinegun but a little broader - the old accordian-like look should return, but of course the Plasma rifle should look a bit more high tech than in the old Doom. It should be black and brown.

Oh yeah, and I want a rocket launcher which isn't the size of a motorbike - just regular, modern bazooka size, but with a narrow barrel, as I want the rockets to be small. They could give the rocket launcher a sort of "outer barrel" over the regular barrel to make it broader. And it should be belt fed - almost like the Q2 rl, but without the rocket-holding "ramp".

dsm said:

I want the plasma rifle's effects to look at least as cool as the plasma rifle in JDoom. The gun itself should be about the size of a manheld machinegun but a little broader - the old accordian-like look should return, but of course the Plasma rifle should look a bit more high tech than in the old Doom. It should be black and brown.

Oh yeah, and I want a rocket launcher which isn't the size of a motorbike - just regular, modern bazooka size, but with a narrow barrel, as I want the rockets to be small. They could give the rocket launcher a sort of "outer barrel" over the regular barrel to make it broader. And it should be belt fed - almost like the Q2 rl, but without the rocket-holding "ramp".

I'd prefer a mechanical ramp for the rockets compared to an actual belt.

Anyway, for anyone who cares, here's a picture of the French Apilas anti-armour weapon, which, depending on your ideas, may or may not fit a "Doomish" style rocket launcher.

http://www.giat-industries.fr/giat/prod/img/apilas.JPG