Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snapshot

DOOM's Next Update + Multiplayer Improvements

JLeavey said:

Hey folks,

We hope you’ve been enjoying your time playing DOOM! It’s been less than a month since launch, but the team at id Software has been hard at work preparing to deploy DOOM’s next game update, which will arrive later this month.

In the meantime, today we are releasing a multiplayer improvement update for DOOM. This includes rebalancing of some multiplayer weapons based on your feedback: the Chaingun, Rocket Launcher, and Combat Shotgun. This update will also reduce the wait time between matches to 60 seconds. Last but not least, Clan Arena and Freeze Tag will now require the winning team to complete 5 rounds in order to win the match. The multiplayer improvement update will begin today at 10:30 ET —this is a server-side update, and will not require a download, though it will require a server outage, which we anticipate will be about an hour. As always, we appreciate your feedback and we hope you’ll continue to let us know your thoughts.

For DOOM’s next game update, we will be releasing the patch notes later this month, which will include several improvements and features. We thought it was important to share some of those improvements with you now:

* Added Photo Mode for taking in-game screenshots
* Added Classic DOOM weapon placement/view model option (1st person view option)
* Added new Snapmap features (including skybox windows) and AI pathing and logic fixes.
* Fixed various bugs including players accidentally triggering Dev Mode and Trophy/Achievement bugs (IDKFA, Every Nook and Cranny).

These are just a few of the improvements and fixes coming later this month, but we wanted to provide an update as soon as we could. Thank you all for your continued support. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback. We hope you’re enjoying your time in-game and we can’t wait to share more with you soon.

Source: https://community.bethesda.net/thread/23941

EDIT : More details revealed https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/doom-update-1-coming-june-30th/2016/06/28/152 , the update is coming June the 30 and won't include any new game modes or SnapMap Modules (yet) .

DMGUYDZ64 said:

* Added Classic DOOM weapon placement/view model option (1st person view option)

Heh. I doubt the new weapons will look as cool when centered on the screen, but it's a cool gimmick nonetheless.

Guest MIND

* Added Photo Mode for taking in-game screenshots - Useless gimmick. I don't care and I don't think anybody does. Why do we need a photo mode?

* Added Classic DOOM weapon placement/view model option (1st person view option) - Cool

* Added new Snapmap features (including skybox windows) and AI pathing and logic fixes. - Cool but we need more content

* Fixed various bugs including players accidentally triggering Dev Mode and Trophy/Achievement bugs (IDKFA, Every Nook and Cranny). - No comment.

MINDustry said:

* Added Photo Mode for taking in-game screenshots - Useless gimmick. I don't care and I don't think anybody does. Why do we need a photo mode?

It probably was originally a mode used for creating promotional screenshots that they decided to activate for some reason. I imagine people wanting to show off their snapmaps/easter eggs/certain areas of the game would appreciate such a feature. It's the centered weapons that I feel are the useless gimmicks here, unless for some reason there's a notable number of people that ike to play without crosshairs.

Jaxxoon R said:

It's the centered weapons that I feel are the useless gimmicks here, unless for some reason there's a notable number of people that ike to play without crosshairs.

NO FUN ALLOWED

so wait a sec said:

centered weapons confirmed

Okay, I'm laughing my butt out over here.

It was always a pipe dream of mine to have centered guns in the new game and I even went as far as to draw on paper how they'd look and figured they would be pretty close to looking like their classic counterparts, but I was always aware that it was just something that just couldn't happen due to, you know, modern sensibilites.

But then ID has to go and not only are they taking over multiplayer to patch up much needed aspects of it, they're also going out of their way to make said patches entirely free based on feedback from the community and expand upon them, and also making cool shit happen

neo-ID, you're slowly but surely ranking a few notches higher in my 'based devs' list. Here's to hoping everything goes smooth for you.

Wait wait wait. A Photo mode?

I play on the PS4, and i already have an option of taking screenshots by clicking the "share" button. I think the XBONE also has an option of taking pictures as well. And PC just has the screenshot button on some other key. So why is this needed?

Potatoguy said:

Wait wait wait. A Photo mode?

I play on the PS4, and i already have an option of taking screenshots by clicking the "share" button. I think the XBONE also has an option of taking pictures as well. And PC just has the screenshot button on some other key. So why is this needed?

Shadow of Mordor, Mad Max, The Last of Us, Uncharted, Infamous, etc. all have Photo Modes and it's different from taking a screenshot. You can adjust the FOV, apply filters, move the camera around, adjust the contrast/brightness and so on.

I'm digging that centred weapons gimmick. Should be fun to play with for a while.

I hope that in the future they patch the few cutscenes the game has and make them shorter in future replays or Ultra Nightmare, similar to how it skips the intro. Not getting my hopes up though.

the mp balance patch tweaked nerfed the chaingun/combat shotgun slightly. rocket launcher got a slight buff, now 60 on direct hit on player instead of 55. splash seems slightly better.

rocket launcher is almost TOO GOOD now, the combat shotgun does a bit less damage at longer ranges it seems but its upper range of damage (like 45~ close up critical) seems about the same.

chaingun i havent tested but people dont seem to be using it as much

Cool the Chaingun was my biggest strife in terms of MP balancing. Although I'm a little worried about Rocket spam now, they can already be deadly to begin with. I commonly used the Combat Shotgun as I did find it lethal, the nerf is likely justified.

MrSkeltal said:

Shadow of Mordor, Mad Max, The Last of Us, Uncharted, Infamous, etc. all have Photo Modes and it's different from taking a screenshot. You can adjust the FOV, apply filters, move the camera around, adjust the contrast/brightness and so on.

I'm digging that centred weapons gimmick. Should be fun to play with for a while.

I hope that in the future they patch the few cutscenes the game has and make them shorter in future replays or Ultra Nightmare, similar to how it skips the intro. Not getting my hopes up though.

Not happening dude, they would never do that otherwise people who would want to see them again will have to make a new file all over again. You don't like cut scenes? That's fine but don't ruin it for others that do like them.

Then have it so that on replays the doors that are usually locked during cutscenes are open, so you can just ignore characters completely and walk away.

* Added Photo Mode for taking in-game screenshots
* Added new Snapmap features (including skybox windows) and AI pathing and logic fixes.

Must... contain... excitement!

I wonder if these "new SnapMap features" will include unlimited weapons?

And Photo Mode is going to be so fucking addictive! I can't believe it wasn't in there to begin with. If there's any game that's rife with awesome screenshot opportunities, it's this one.

MINDustry said:

Now you're rocking it... old-school style!

Jaxxoon R said:

Then have it so that on replays the doors that are usually locked during cutscenes are open, so you can just ignore characters completely and walk away.

There's at least a couple of sequences I can think of that would cause the game to either soft-lock or at least some kind of weirdness. Usually involving being one door behind Olivia.

Photo Mode is fucking awesome in every game that has it and more games should have it.

You can do cool things like these (from Mad Max)

being able to stop the action and change the camera angle means you can create some cool stuff. Any extra effects like DoF or aperture settings are icing on the cake.

God damn, id is really going out of their way to make this the best possible experience. I imagine "true" mod support might actually become a thing. Almost brings a tear to the ol' peepers.

MusicallyInspired said:

Excited about skyboxes for SnapMap!

Won't allow creating outdoor areas, Just for windows and such ..

This seems indicative enough. I doubt outdoor areas will make the cut anytime soon.

NodEliteX5 said:

Are you certain?

Mhm ..

I can't wait for this next update, I also can't wait to see what else they have for store for us in it :D

I remember using photo mode in arkham knight, that shit was dope