Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snapshot

DOOM's Next Update + Multiplayer Improvements

It is clearly incomplete, there are bugs here and there, you may get insta-killed sometimes when you switch back to normal mode, and sometimes the falling animation isn't played .

DMGUYDZ64 said:

It is clearly incomplete, there are bugs here and there, you may get insta-killed sometimes when you switch back to normal mode, and sometimes the falling animation isn't played .

Sounds like the entire story of doom 2016 in a nutshell, from the getgo since release till now. Single player is the only part that isn't incomplete, even though I'm really starting to feel like those 13 missions are very few.

In short: id stop trying to fix / bandaid things we don't want / need, and give us more campaign plx. TAKE MY MONEY NOW!

Aww, but I want to make maps in Snapmap that enables you to let the player carry all the guns (I know there's a roundabout way to do it currently, but the drawbacks to that method suck).

massivefanofdoom said:

Sounds like the entire story of doom 2016 in a nutshell, from the getgo since release till now. Single player is the only part that isn't incomplete, even though I'm really starting to feel like those 13 missions are very few.

In short: id stop trying to fix / bandaid things we don't want / need, and give us more campaign plx. TAKE MY MONEY NOW!

You're just effected by the opinion of Critics, i seriously can't find anything wrong with Multiplayer, you people just didn't like Loadouts right ? is that a big thing ?

I Like Multiplayer and i'm glad it is active, i don't know how long is this going to last but i hope not for short .

Multiplayer and Singleplayer are very complete, the only incomplete crap is SnapMap .

dsm said:

Aww, but I want to make maps in Snapmap that enables you to let the player carry all the guns (I know there's a roundabout way to do it currently, but the drawbacks to that method suck).

Coming later this summer as a free update .

does anyone know what all the changes where to weapons? I know they nerfed rockets, lightning gun, combat shotty. Have stats been posted anywhere?

Older Bethesda Article said:

today we are releasing a multiplayer improvement update for DOOM. This includes rebalancing of some multiplayer weapons based on your feedback: the Chaingun, Rocket Launcher, and Combat Shotgun.

So no they didn't post them .

that was the last patch, all they say is updated weapon balance in the new patch.(edit) for those who don't know the rockets splash got nerfed, the lighting guns secondary does less dps and the combat shotguns cluster shot has a longer pull up time, thats what I'v noticed so far.

I really hope they update Photo Mode so that you (the player) are visible. When Photo Mode was first announced I envisioned getting awesome shots of the player being overrun, glory-killing enemies, and even chainsawing Cacos mid-air (how badass would that look?). It just feels like a major omission to me.

Of course not everyone would want to see themselves in Photo Mode, so they could always implement it as a toggle or something.

i don't think any of the glory-kills are visible from any other perspective but your FPS view. so camera mode when you're glory-killing wouldn't show the animation at like another angle, since the only animations would be in first-person view. i'd guess. there'd be a lot of extra work added in to make camera mode work with any of that, too much work to really be worth it (they'd have to make animations for each individual glory kill in third person.)

of course, i might just be talking out of my ass here, but it's my assumption to all of this.

Spoiler

about the centered guns feature, I was actually somewhat aware of the fact that the HAR wasn't going to translate well, like, at all. I guess the scope kinda gives its look somewhat of a facelift, but... yeah, as a whole it just looks a deformed tacticool pine twig. I wish they did something to it, to kinda mend that, because it looks kinda... dare I say it... shitty as is.

the rest look neat though. Chaingun is massivebigcolossalhuge and it looks great.
Spoiler

Kinda bummed out that they didn't do a classic animation style reload for the SSG like they did with the standard shotty, though, because that would've been pretty sweet to look at, even if it would mean having 3/4s of your screen slapped over by gun barrel.

They could tone down the gauss cannon and rocket launcher a tad, though. Both look terrifyingly uncanny in a weird way.

Rocket launcher looks like a metallic penis shaft

So, umm, how is photo mode activated? I could not find it anywhere in the settings. I must have the update as i have centered weapons.

Its in the Game Settings where you can turn of glory kill highlights etc. Its the 5th or 6th from above. Maybe right under the centered Weapons. I missed it too the first time.

MrGlide said:

that was the last patch, all they say is updated weapon balance in the new patch.(edit) for those who don't know the rockets splash got nerfed, the lighting guns secondary does less dps and the combat shotguns cluster shot has a longer pull up time, thats what I'v noticed so far.

So is that for multiplayer only or for SP too?

massivefanofdoom said:

Rocket launcher looks like a metallic penis shaft

So, umm, how is photo mode activated? I could not find it anywhere in the settings. I must have the update as i have centered weapons.

You need to select the mission from Mission Select Menu, then head to "Game settings" and enable it, Only shows up when you select the mission from "Mission Select Menu" .

The Options is called "DOOM Photo Mode [BETA]" .

methy said:

So is that for multiplayer only or for SP too?

mp only, they wont touch singleplayer weapons now that the game is out.

Almonds said:

Spoiler

about the centered guns feature, I was actually somewhat aware of the fact that the HAR wasn't going to translate well, like, at all. I guess the scope kinda gives its look somewhat of a facelift, but... yeah, as a whole it just looks a deformed tacticool pine twig. I wish they did something to it, to kinda mend that, because it looks kinda... dare I say it... shitty as is.

Totally agreed. The centered HAR looks fucking awful. I really like the rest of the weapons, though.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

You need to select the mission from Mission Select Menu, then head to "Game settings" and enable it, Only shows up when you select the mission from "Mission Select Menu" .

The Options is called "DOOM Photo Mode [BETA]" .

This is why I couldn't find it, I thought I was going crazy

https://www.reddit.com/r/Doom/comments/4qslkc/psa_how_to_explicitly_get_to_photo_mode_if_you/

(NOTE: All my comments refer to the PS4 version. I have a PC copy registered but I currently lack a PC)

The new update made me very happy because the trophy that glitched on me autopopped on loading a complete save file. Now I can replay the game how I want without worrying about upgrading what I don't want - I pretty much never use the pistol and half of the weapon mods.

I love the centered weapons but I tested them on UNM (after not playing for a week or so, left the wife and such. And spent the same week playing GTA Online with her excessively. We're strange. Don't ask. O_o) and found I've gotten so use to right offset weapons I was constantly aiming slightly above and to the side. Got my ass handed to me. (Also, I miss the option from Quake II to have left handed weapons; I'm not a lefty but I strongly preferred to play with the weapons offset that way.) Will defo give it another go on a lower setting until I get used to it. :)

MrGlide said:

...rockets splash got nerfed, the lighting guns secondary does less dps and the combat shotguns cluster shot has a longer pull up time, thats what I'v noticed so far.

Huh, I found the RL is super OP now and love it. Didn't know about the combat shotgun, after the patch I've been running mostly RL/PR. The biggest change Ive noticed is people quit using the two shitty scrub weapons (vortex rifle and lighting gun) to excess, which has made the MP play so much better and more balanced.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

I Like Multiplayer and i'm glad it is active, i don't know how long is this going to last but i hope not for short .

Agreed. I have one complaint: about 90% of console players absolutely suck at this game. Which is frustrating watching myself lose matches and realize I was kicking ass and carrying the whole team - amd my stats show a KD of around 2 and less than 50% accuracy which makes it even sadder (for them) how damn good I do in matches. Example: joined a domination match on the losing side, around 125 to 5 and singlehandedly turned the match around, we only lost by 7 points in the end. Trust me, I'm not even good average. But I love the MP, I now play this or BF4, everything in between feels like shit now.

OTOH I lost all interest in the new Quake the moment they said it was class based. THAT was the game I damn well expected to be pure old school. I guess I could read up on it and confirm/eliminate my distaste but as of now I'm disappointed in id for catering to the market on this one; either way, I won't have a PC again for quite some time, I haven't played it so I don't know shit and maybe it turns out to kick all sorts of ass, I.E., fuck off Johnny, they gave you two thirds of a fucking amazing game and an editing mode that looks like it'll keep getting better, they clearly know what they're doing, get your head out of the past. Lol