Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xTWx PREDATOR X

Number variable help.

Please help. Very frustrated right now!
I'm using the number variable to set certain buffs/nerfs to the player upon pressing a switch. It works if i choose 'on pressed add/subtract number. But if i try using the set number option i have to press the switch twice before it sets! The number reference is set to 1. Then on pressing the switch i have set the modifier to 0.9. To set the health limit to 90. But why the hell do i have to press the switch twice?! As said if i choose instead to subtract 0.1 instead it works fine and sets to health 90 instantly. But this option is no use to me as i want the player to switch between the different classes and play around a bit before they decide which they want.If the add subtract option is used it will mess up the stats as they switch between them. Pleeease help me out guys!

It's ok i found a solution. I use pressure plates to set tge class. And it performs the same action on entered and exited so it does it twice without the player needing to. Still very strange why this happens at all though. I'm sure it nothing i'm doing wrong. It's gotta be a glitch.

I have new issue now. Involving resourses. I have a custom wave map made. It works well and i am happy with it. However, i want a wave counter displayed in the hud to remind the player what wave they are currently on. Simple right?
So i set a team resourse up. Intial value 0. And on each custom encounter i added on spawned - add 1. Set the variable up on the hud. Good to go right?
No! The counter remains on zero. What am i missing???

I'm guessing you're not connecting to the HUD when your variable increases. From the On-Changed or ( + ), connect to the HUD node.

Do you need to do that? Because i have other resourses set up that are being displayed on the hud with no need to connect the logic to it.
I just set the hud variables and they work fine.
But i will give it a shot mate.

Just tested it. It is! 😡 So now i have no idea how i can get a wave counter on the hud. It doesn't seem possible. I just set it so that it adds when i kill any ai and bingo it worked! No use to me at all though as i need it to add when they spawn.

Ok cracked it! 😊 use an integer instead of resourse. Works great. Still though if certain things won't work with others why allow the logic to be connected in the first place!

Resourses do show in hud. But they won't change for certain things even if the logic connects. For example: an ai on spawned will not add to a player resourse.

It happens with things like buffing the ai aswell. Certain things won't work. But the logic will connect and you'll think it has worked. Needs fixing.

Yeah, AI proxy and buffing was really finnicky, but I think I figured it out now.

I'm on the Xbone as the same name (VentedPennies) btw.