Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Crunchynut44

Cereal Killer (21 maps complete) Looking for community input!

19 hours ago, Crunchynut44 said:

So im going to aim for January 2019

Since you're aiming for some time in January (hopefully you mean the middle or end of January and not January 1), then I would like to add my name to the list.

Do you happen to have an overall plot you're following? (Other than the quest for milk for your cereal.) Depending on that, I think either Map 18 or Map 23 would be good.

2 hours ago, Pegleg said:

Since you're aiming for some time in January (hopefully you mean the middle or end of January and not January 1), then I would like to add my name to the list.

Do you happen to have an overall plot you're following? (Other than the quest for milk for your cereal.) Depending on that, I think either Map 18 or Map 23 would be good.

Definetely late january. Not really just a well balanced well polished map. Comp level 9. 

I like this. It has a very lunar computer feel to it (lunatic's map 4) with all the gray box textures used. 

1 hour ago, Yugiboy85 said:

I like this. It has a very lunar computer feel to it (lunatic's map 4) with all the gray box textures used. 

That's where I got inspiration from. :P

Hello, 

Sorry to bump this again but, seeing as I have a map in this, I would like to know if this will ever come out at some point? 

If not, please let me know so I can release my map separately (it's been dormant on my hard drive for the last 2-3 years so... 

Thank you :) 

1 minute ago, Scotty said:

Spoken to Crunchynut and a few other people, going to take charge and bring this wad back from the brink. Watch this space :)

this wad will never be completed cereal1

cereal2

This pickup might give me an insentive to update my map. It's 3 years old (maybe more) and it doesn't really reflect what i do now. 

Edit: WTF, it's double that actually. 6 years (almost) old. Yeah, i really need to update it or, at least, make a new one from scratch

Edited by Yugiboy85

That's encouraging news, glad to see this alive again! I remember taking an interest in this project 6 - holy smokes, it was 6 and a half???? - years ago, and I can't wait to play the final product!

7 hours ago, Yugiboy85 said:

Edit: WTF, it's double that actually. 6 years (almost) old. Yeah, i really need to update it or, at least, make a new one from scratch

Same goes for my awful old map. 😅

Nah, after thinking about it. I'm gonna be reasonable. I have so many maps to finish currently that I can't really commit to anything new (or update somethign old in this case). 

So here's the thing, if someone is willing to update my map, have at it. If not, well, it will stay in the state (it's pretty ok all things  considered) and it will be up to scotty if they want to keep it or not. 

A have been looking at making some tweaks to the dehacked enemies present in this wad for the 're-release' or whatever you want to call it. The changes will be mere tweaks to try and give the dehacked enemies more unique roles from stock monsters rather than a complete overhaul, and should therefore hopefully avoid destroying ammo balance and whatnot in existing maps. The changes i am working on are giving regular Cacos the standard HK attacks, thus freeing up the caco fireball so i can change Barons to something more akin from the Pyro Knight from Valiant (and giving the grey Cacos the same pyro type attack). I am wondering if this creates any objections from mappers who have already contributed here?

I am also intending on adding 6 skies to the wad to try and create some sort of episodic progression in the megawad. Hopefully this will work for everyone in an aesthetic sense. As i see it so far, most maps either fit into a gothic ruinous theme or something more techbasey due to the nature of cc4-tex, so i have picked skies to try and match these themes/existing maps. This will be subject to change later on as the megawad approaches completion.

I have no doubt this wad can reach 32 maps no problem, had a few mappers reach out to me already and i have a few 'new' maps i can add myself.

On 1/24/2023 at 7:54 PM, Yugiboy85 said:

So here's the thing, if someone is willing to update my map, have at it. If not, well, it will stay in the state (it's pretty ok all things  considered) and it will be up to scotty if they want to keep it or not. 

No problem... looking at putting your map in the 32 slot as it is due to high monster count and distinct theming compared to everything else.

Edited by Scotty

34 minutes ago, Scotty said:

A have been looking at making some tweaks to the dehacked enemies present in this wad for the 're-release' or whatever you want to call it. The changes will be mere tweaks to try and give the dehacked enemies more unique roles from stock monsters rather than a complete overhaul, and should therefore hopefully avoid destroying ammo balance and whatnot in existing maps. The changes i am working on are giving regular Cacos the standard HK attacks, thus freeing up the caco fireball so i can change Barons to something more akin from the Pyro Knight from Valiant (and giving the grey Cacos the same pyro type attack). I am wondering if this creates any objections from mappers who have already contributed here?

I am also intending on adding 6 skies to the wad to try and create some sort of episodic progression in the megawad. Hopefully this will work for everyone in an aesthetic sense. As i see it so far, most maps either fit into a gothic ruinous theme or something more techbasey due to the nature of cc4-tex, so i have picked skies to try and match these themes/existing maps. This will be subject to change later on as the megawad approaches completion.

I have no doubt this wad can reach 32 maps no problem, had a few mappers reach out to me already and i have a few 'new' maps i can add myself.

No problem... looking at putting your map in the 32 slot as it is due to high monster count and distinct theming compared to everything else.

That sounds like a good compromise :) 

Scotty,

Thanks for bringing this back to life. I think it would be worth starting a new thread so you gain control on the first post, and I can then link it on this thread and have it closed by a mod. It makes me really happy to know that this project is interesting and worth the time to look at and revived. So thankyou to all involved and to who will be involved. And sorry to those who contributed in the past and it ended with no result.

Cheers