Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doomedout

doom3 mp3 by trent reznor?

i was just wondering, i downloaded this tight mp3 pop up file from projectdoom.com and was wondering whether it was from the original game or just another remix?

doomedout said:

and they didnt change my damn description YET

yeah, well Lut changed mine. however "boys ahoy" isn't any better than "doomedout's gay partner" :( *sighs* there's still hope though. maybe Ling or Julian will pitty us and change them. i mean, we have had them for a few months, and i don't think Lut will ever get arround to changing them after all. heh, plus we have been good.

o btw, i meant the mp3 file. you pretty much made clear it was in projectdoom.com somewhere =)

doomedout said:

i was just wondering, i downloaded this tight mp3 pop up file from projectdoom.com and was wondering whether it was from the original game or just another remix?

That's a remix of E1M8

We received a lot of positive responses about the intro music of our website, that is actually a digitally enhanced version of the music from DOOM Episode One: Knee Deep in the dead: Phobos Anomaly (E1M8). This version was created by Jeremiah Sypult.

gatewatcher said:

i hope that makes it into the game. it sounds great.

I don't think so.
It sounds too "noisy" for the atmosphere in Doom 3. But I definitely like the track.

gatewatcher said:

i hope that makes it into the game. it sounds great.

I don't know. It's not entirely true to the original. It's still a great song, tho.

gatewatcher said:

wow, you guys hate artificial sounding music. then, when you get some real stuff, it's too noisy! =)

*shrugs*
I just base my opinion on what I've seen and heard so far. Make no mistake, I like the track, but I imagine that Reznor will do something more eerie than that.
Think of the Q1 soundtrack.

i think the track would fit in nicely if they cut back on the percussion a bit. the guitar sound is actually nice, imho.

If they stick a few riffs from that track, get permission from Jer Sypult or whatever, into Doom 3, maybe into the first battle with a Baron of Hell or its equivalent ... I'll die a happy man.

:)

Archvile64 said:

Nah, Doom music needs to be more ambient and eerie than that.

Some noisy and fast music might work in a couple of places though. Isn't the music also supposed to be dynamic where it speeds up with the action? I might be confusing the game though.

Damn, I like this song ALOT. I think this is just the kind of music DooM III needs, sad and atmospheric!