Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HALFRATS PS4

CYBER HELL - NEW NEW NEW!!! MAP E2M5 Lust BETA

Mooky said:

SGNWNEAX

It's ready. For a beta-test, at least. Don't expect too much of a challenge. When I fully understand the engine behaviour, I might update the map with more monsters, and I intend to make it larger as well.

I used a visual (you'll notice) and the checkpoint logic (all tested). I didn't want to over-complicate it, the AI gave me a headache already.

Hint: it is linear but there's room to explore, if in doubt, look for the EXIT signals.

Played your map overall the concept is great. Need more atmosphere and life to it. Music, lights and ambient noise take maps to the next level.

Thank you. I'll work on that.

I played E1M6 and M8, they are well put together, the atmosphere is as great as in the rest of your maps.

I completely failed the one, though (haven't played for a week, it was hard for a start), and I think I just lost the plot on the other. When the green exit sign appeared, I ended up in the area where the map started (I included the screenshot) and could not go back as there was a lockdown on the door. Should've just stepped on a grenade to go back to the checkpoint, I know. I died 19 times anyway, and most of that was falling off the cliffs when running around and shooting with probably 10pc accuracy... I used the chainsaw a lot, thanks for that, I like the logic that we have to go for the biggest demons to end the wave. (Hope that's not a spoiler.)

Mooky said:

Thank you. I'll work on that.

I played E1M6 and M8, they are well put together, the atmosphere is as great as in the rest of your maps.

I completely failed the one, though (haven't played for a week, it was hard for a start), and I think I just lost the plot on the other. When the green exit sign appeared, I ended up in the area where the map started (I included the screenshot) and could not go back as there was a lockdown on the door. Should've just stepped on a grenade to go back to the checkpoint, I know. I died 19 times anyway, and most of that was falling off the cliffs when running around and shooting with probably 10pc accuracy... I used the chainsaw a lot, thanks for that, I like the logic that we have to go for the biggest demons to end the wave. (Hope that's not a spoiler.)

https://postimg.org/image/p4c48dvwh/

https://postimg.org/image/nqkhd2wn5/

https://postimg.org/image/747ihqt35/

Youre right it does end where it starts. After you go back and defeat the Baron where the green exit marker is, a fire starts with the exit waypoint in it. Jump into the fire.

There are still a few tweaks left yet for E1M8(BETA). I also continually update past maps as I learn new tricks and content is added.

Hi!

I really enjoy your maps, I've been enjoying them before the update #2

If there's one thing I could suggest for your new Hell map though, is to find a different method of 'lockdown', maybe you prefer it the way it is, but IMO it looks out of place to see the UAC hologram looking things when the doors are on lockdown in Hell

Their are a few ways you could prevent this, either lock the doors when lockdown is in effect, thus stopping the player from being able to see the hologram looking lockdown effect, or prehaps use deadly fire in doors as an alternative to a lockdown

I went for the fire method with my own map, with custom spawns in place incase the player died, and then just made it so the fire disappears after the waves have ended

Anyhoo, it's fantastic to see such high quality made maps, and best of all you are doing them in Campaign style, I.E E1M1, E1M2 ect..

I don't suppose you know where I could find anymore 'campaign' style levels like yours? I'd love to see more people do entire Episodes opposed to one or two 10 minute levels

Can't wait to see Episode 2, keep up the great work!

Yeah I hear you on the lock-downs, I had the same thought when I played it. Problem is that when you play coop if other players dont keep up they get stuck behind locked doors, fire walls, etc. I'd did tweak it a bit as you suggested and only used UAC lock-down if absolutely necessary.

As for other levels of this gametype and quality I'm not sure. Ive been building and editing more than playing others levels. I'd did build a level called CYBER HELL ENGINE CODE. Its is the preset I use to make every level. All my start up code and tricks are in there. Whenever I start to build a new map I start it from my engine code map. Feel free to use it.

Here is a thread that got started a few days ago for posting SP campaign maps.

https://www.doomworld.com/vb/snapmap/89992-good-sp-maps/

Thanks for playing my maps.

HALFRATS PS4 said:

Yeah I hear you on the lock-downs, I had the same thought when I played it. Problem is that when you play coop if other players dont keep up they get stuck behind locked doors, fire walls, etc.

You can place an inactive teleporter near the affected door, And make it activate whenever the lockdown starts, And once lockdown is completed remove the teleporter, This is how i make every map coop friendly .

HALFRATS PS4 said:

Yeah I hear you on the lock-downs, I had the same thought when I played it. Problem is that when you play coop if other players dont keep up they get stuck behind locked doors, fire walls, etc. I'd did tweak it a bit as you suggested and only used UAC lock-down if absolutely necessary.

As for other levels of this gametype and quality I'm not sure. Ive been building and editing more than playing others levels. I'd did build a level called CYBER HELL ENGINE CODE. Its is the preset I use to make every level. All my start up code and tricks are in there. Whenever I start to build a new map I start it from my engine code map. Feel free to use it.

Here is a thread that got started a few days ago for posting SP campaign maps.

https://www.doomworld.com/vb/snapmap/89992-good-sp-maps/

Thanks for playing my maps.

Thanks I'll be sure to check it out the next time I build a map :)

And it was my pleasure, thanks for building the maps! Me and my friends have been having a blast playing them and glad I found you on here just to tell you how much I've enjoyed playing your maps

Cool thanks,

I just published the beta for E2M1 last night. Its a classic short and sweet M1 level. Thought Id drop something before No Man's Sky drop tomorrow.

Here are some screens.

Sweet, that's great timing as I just picked up some bud and was just about to load up snapmap :D

Sadly I won't be getting No Mans Sky as lack of funds, not that I think my PC would be capible of running it decently anyway

Sweet, yeah pretty nice intro into E2

What do you normall start with when building a map, the general layout, and what percent is the object % normally at when you stop placing room layouts, or generally just place them down until it just feels right and work from there? My maps always seem to come out very linear and uninteresting

Also think you make great use of the space of the maps, for instance your use of the pinkies on E2M1 and they went really great with the maps you used, had a very nice 'flow' to it

You ever thought about using the new logic to change the lighting in moduels?

For example I've used the pits of gehenna hell map, and after killing the caco's and revs the whole space will go dark then a hell baron spawns, and because that map is outside I think it gives a really nice effect, and also used spot lights which I changed colour to match the fire on that map and put them near the fire torches to give it a tad more lighting

Edit: Also forgot to mention, also really like setting the demonic voice to -2 for the Pitch Modifier, makes it sound more demonic and sinister imo, anything below that seems to just sound like slowmo tho :p

Doktor Mandrake said:

Sweet, yeah pretty nice intro into E2

What do you normall start with when building a map, the general layout, and what percent is the object % normally at when you stop placing room layouts, or generally just place them down until it just feels right and work from there? My maps always seem to come out very linear and uninteresting

Also think you make great use of the space of the maps, for instance your use of the pinkies on E2M1 and they went really great with the maps you used, had a very nice 'flow' to it

You ever thought about using the new logic to change the lighting in moduels?

For example I've used the pits of gehenna hell map, and after killing the caco's and revs the whole space will go dark then a hell baron spawns, and because that map is outside I think it gives a really nice effect, and also used spot lights which I changed colour to match the fire on that map and put them near the fire torches to give it a tad more lighting

Edit: Also forgot to mention, also really like setting the demonic voice to -2 for the Pitch Modifier, makes it sound more demonic and sinister imo, anything below that seems to just sound like slowmo tho :p

First I start up the cyber hell engine map I made and pull my start up code out of it, then save it as my new maps name. I do one of two things when I start a map. I either base it off a certain flow or what I call the EPIC room. For instance in this new E2M1 map I based it off a four port "big" modular. Knowing this was an M1 map I reserved myself from making it to difficult and to long. I knew the flow that I wanted was for it to loop back on itself. Its starts with layout and flow first for sure. I also use alot of small modulars in between my big rooms. Going into big room after big you end up just getting the player lost. Especially if you dont code waypoints. AND DONT USE EVERY PORT the modular offers. Just because its a door way doesn't mean you need to use it. Keep the player on the path whether they know it or not.

I have used the mod environment change once in the last level E1M8 of HELLBOUND ETERNAL. I tend to bring in the special effects more toward the end of episodes and more epic moments.

I do magnifiy lights to a degree. I thought of lighting each tourch but thats also a great way to eat resources.

Glad youre digging my stuff. Thanks for the feed back

HALFRATS PS4 said:

First I start up the cyber hell engine map I made and save it as my new maps name. I do one of two things when I start a map. I either base it off a certain flow or what I call the EPIC room. For instance in this new E2M1 map I based it off a four port "big" modular. Knowing this was an M1 map I reserved myself from making it to difficult and to long. I knew the flow that I wanted was for it to loop back on itself.

I have used the mod environment change once in the last level E1M8 of HELLBOUND ETERNAL. I tend to bring in the special effects more toward the end of episodes and more epic moments.

I do magnifiy lights to a degree. I thought of lighting each tourch but thats also a great way to eat resources.

Glad youre digging my stuff. Thanks for the feed back

Yeah the flow's pretty great, and was nice how it lead back to the red door and that threatning alarm going off for suspense

IIRC befoe update #2 didn't Episode 1 end with a teleporter going to hell? Can't remember if that was your cyber hell or someone elses map but I love that general sense of progression in your maps

Doktor Mandrake said:

Yeah the flow's pretty great, and was nice how it lead back to the red door and that threatning alarm going off for suspense

IIRC befoe update #2 didn't Episode 1 end with a teleporter going to hell? Can't remember if that was your cyber hell or someone elses map but I love that general sense of progression in your maps

Yeah thats E1M7 Reactor Core, E1M8 Hell's Gate is what I'm referring too. E1M8 is from the 3.0 update. If you enjoyed Knee Deep in the Dead you like the ending of E1M8.

Doktor Mandrake said:

Found a bug on E1M8 where a pinky would get stuck in the area with the ssg on the pillar in the toxic pit

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/268347611011525467/C063AAAE1DEFB7AD36E4DABCC65C7CB530452D92/

Hell knight seemed to get caught up abit on it too when trying to jump up

Yeah aware of that one. I put an anti AI spawn box around it and all the way up to the next floor and the damn thing still spawns there sometimes. Little out of my hands at that point its on the snapmap code. Thanks though.

Hopefully they fix it, you could always consider moving the sgg to another spot or something as a short-term solution, I was blasting away at imps and soldiers for ages not quite sure what was going on before I realised that pesky little pinky hiding away heh

Hi HALFRATS

Just to let you know, I found a level-breaking bug, it was on E1M7 IIRC.. The level where you first encounter the hell baron

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/266098239737018947/2FFBBD71A044DA8F0BC6D8866BCC25A2DC413E60/

The lockdown went into effect, and some imps spawned and came from the fire, but after that they stopped spawning and we were stuck, we eventually had to skip the level entirley and move onto the next one

It was defintely a case of them not spawning, and not getting stuck or anything, as I managed to get behind the fire in both rooms to check

Doktor Mandrake said:

Hi HALFRATS

Just to let you know, I found a level-breaking bug, it was on E1M7 IIRC.. The level where you first encounter the hell baron

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/266098239737018947/2FFBBD71A044DA8F0BC6D8866BCC25A2DC413E60/

The lockdown went into effect, and some imps spawned and came from the fire, but after that they stopped spawning and we were stuck, we eventually had to skip the level entirley and move onto the next one

It was defintely a case of them not spawning, and not getting stuck or anything, as I managed to get behind the fire in both rooms to check

Should be good to go now. Ever since the last update that room stopped working.

So I was off for most of August, haven't played DooM for almost a month, and I have to come back to this E2M1... Impressions summed up: "Sh*te! This is Quality with a capital!" The atmosphere, the gameflow... Say no more.

Regards,

Fan No. 1. (LoL :D )

(PS. And I did actually re-play some of the earlier levels as they had been updated in the meantime.)

Played the first three maps so far, and it's pretty fun. Though, there's this weird thing I encountered where whenever I pick up a weapon it respawns and then my marine drops about two extra guns out of nowhere, and then my altfires swap after a certain amount of time.

Jaxxoon R said:

Played the first three maps so far, and it's pretty fun. Though, there's this weird thing I encountered where whenever I pick up a weapon it respawns and then my marine drops about two extra guns out of nowhere, and then my altfires swap after a certain amount of time.

Thanks for the input, Ill have to look into it. You should be able to pick up all the guns as Ive opened the weapon wheel completely. They are also touch pick up only so I dont know how you are repicking up guns. Are you sure they arent just respawning back in. I have the guns set to respawn back in at 1.5 seconds so all the players can pick up the guns.

Jaxxoon R said:

Cool glad you like them. Wasnt really impressed with No Mans Sky which I thought would hold me over until Battlefield 1 drops. Ill get back on snapmaps in the up coming weeks to get Episode 2 rolling.

CYBER HELL

NEWS UPDATE - 9/18/2016

--------------------------------------------------

NEW!!! E2M2 BETA IS UP!!

E2M2 - Gluttony - MJAD49U3 - BETA

--------------------------------------------------

HEY ALL!

First off, thanks so much for playing Cyber Hell. It takes a lot of TLC but it's a blast creating and hearing all the great feedback.

With that said, the NEW! Cyber Hell E2M2 BETA map is published and ready for your help in beta testing. As of now the level is 100% playable and is set to single player for beta testing. Finalized lighting, atmosphere, props, and proper map flow will be present in the final version. Feedback is welcome and encouraged.

Cheers,
HALFRATS

Been awhile since I've checked in, good to see E2M2 is up in the form of Beta!

Will give it a try later and let you know what I think :)

Keep up the great work, you're doing snapmap proud!

So I tried E2M2 last night with two friends, and we really enjoyed it! Everything worked as intended, we came across no level-breaking bugs, and the level itself was fantastic!

I really liked how you made good use of re-using layouts in the level but changing the lighting and enemys in said area to make it feel fresh, really enjoyed that sense of 'back tracking' through the level

No complaints here, and no suggestions on how to improve it either because I really think you've nailed that level perfectly, it feels incredibly polished and professional :)

Keep up the great work, can't wait to see the rest of Episode 2!