Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mauzki

Thoughts on my new wad?

Lol, I like it. That arch-vile almost got me: a panicked and didn't know where to hide. Excellent music choice. Some mancubuses were stuck for some reason (placed too close to the edge?), didn't notice any problems otherwise. Here is a demo of my playthrough.

kuchitsu said:

Lol, I like it. That arch-vile almost got me: a panicked and didn't know where to hide. Excellent music choice. Some mancubuses were stuck for some reason (placed too close to the edge?), didn't notice any problems otherwise. Here is a demo of my playthrough.

Thank you :D Yeah I Knew I did something wrong with them. And yeah I have a secret love for Genesis lol.

The secrets are way too overpowered, at least in terms of health and armor (the extra weaponry is fine in that it the scenarios wouldn't be more exciting without them, just more tedious). I found all of the secrets easily by looking at the automap. I encountered the AV at 200 health and armor and just very calmly said "Fuck it" and tanked a blast while spamming plasma. When AVs aren't exciting, your balance is probably way too lenient. I liked the row of HKs/Barons -- these might piss people off if they assume they have to kill everything, but I'm not one to try to max every level on first playthrough.

rdwpa said:

The secrets are way too overpowered, at least in terms of health and armor (the extra weaponry is fine in that it the scenarios wouldn't be more exciting without them, just more tedious). I found all of the secrets easily by looking at the automap. I encountered the AV at 200 health and armor and just very calmly said "Fuck it" and tanked a blast while spamming plasma. When AVs aren't exciting, your balance is probably way too lenient. I liked the row of HKs/Barons -- these might piss people off if they assume they have to kill everything, but I'm not one to try to max every level on first playthrough.

Thank you for the advice. I shall aim to not overpower the secrets next time.