Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
999cop

Doom CTF/Team Games

i like the ideas of both. team games are fun, although there are no servers that ever host any team games, which sucks. doom ctf? never tried it, but like i said, i like the ideas of both.

No, there are Zdaemon servers which host team dm games (rarefiles). They are not up all of the time, and as far as I can tell the teamplay does not work well. You cannot select what team you are on. I'll put one up again, try it out and see if it's OK.

Dogtag wads are the only Team-based/CTF-like series of maps I've seen so far. It'd be great if there was some ctf games going on Zdaemon, I'd be really intrigued into it 8D, but the part I hate about it is that you have to get across the lava and get the suit. It annoys me :/ that part needs to be edited out.

YES! Squirrel Tag! I love the death-tag maps, althought the only ones I've ever played are Dogtag and Wangotag.

Hey, how come there's a version of Team Fortress for both Quake and Half-Life (or Counter-Strike retail), but there isn't one for Doom?! The people that made TF (Quake Team Fortress) and TFC (Half-Life "Team Fortress Classic") are currently making Team Fortress 2, which will not be free. Maybe when they're finished they'd like to make Team Fortress Doom? LOL, yeah right.

No offense, Biffy, but personally I dislike this type of gameplay: going through castles, the point is I'm so lost in the map :D, plus I hate going through so much to find a suit then swim across the lava pool to score. Maybe I can create something similar like this but not necessarily have to use with the bio suit part ;)

[edit]Actually, Skulltag would be just fine for CTF, if it were done by now. Also skip that part on certain maps that you have to use mouselook to jump and even swim, of course, exclude railgun out of the game as well. I'd wish they'll have CTF map editor released some time sooner or later.

Is it possible to create a flag that can be taken by players in Doom 2 wad format, or is it only possible in Skulltag?

You could do something with keys where their is two keys and two doors and the opposite door had your key.

Heh, never thought of that, sounds like a good idea. Does anything like that already exist?

That's a very thoughtful idea you've got there, lithum. Unfortunately, in order to set up a deathmatch game, all the keys are already given as the game begins, but I still do believe it can be done somehow, if someone would dedicate a bit of his time and knowledge of coding on a little modifying work, I'm positive it can be made something like the traditional CTF, or should I say CTK (Capture the key)? =]

That reminds me of an old Quake Team Fortress map called rock2. You have to go into their base, get their key, and take it to the other side of their base to the gas chamber and use the key to activate it, killing everyone except you who are inside the room separated by a glass window. I'm sure someone can make something similar for Doom CTF games.

The key thing would work if you used teamplay coop mode instead of DM. Do any Doom race wad files exist, cos I was thinking of how to make one earlier - run to the end and the ceilings come down, crushing the losers, then you teleport to the beginning, everyone respawns and you start again. Of course there would be weapons lying on the race track along the way, but winning the race would make EVERYONE except you lose a frag, so the winning would be a much greater advantage than just picking up a weapon. I would develop this idea and make the wad myself, but I can't make a decent map to save my life.

Doombot 5.1 has a CTF mode already. The readme explains how to make a CTF map for it (it's pretty simple). And don't think that just because it's a bot mod that you can't play with other players as well. You can use Doombot online the same way as with ZDoom 1.22 (which is what Doombot is built on.) The Doombot can be downloaded from the deathmatch/doombot/ subdirectory of the Idgames archives. The bot that is the central feature of this mod usually works a lot better than the one built into ZDoom, also.

999cop said:

[edit]Actually, Skulltag would be just fine for CTF, if it were done by now. Also skip that part on certain maps that you have to use mouselook to jump and even swim, of course, exclude railgun out of the game as well. I'd wish they'll have CTF map editor released some time sooner or later.

It'll be done and stable, and soon. Like 6 months ago I remember playing ST CTF at a LAN, and it worked just fine. I just gotta make it all nice and stable and we'll have some up to par CTF for Doom!

I dont see any Doom teamgames working out very well. Why? Weapon Balance. Weapon's are too balanced to make an efficent (fun) teamplay game.

Think about it, you'll know what I'm talking about.