Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Orchid87

So, which Doomguy name do you prefer?

Maes said:

If I was still a minor, your avatar would sodomize my childhood ("better" yet if you used the rapeface as a base)

The fuck are you talking about?

nxGangrel said:

The fuck are you talking about?

nxGangrel said:

I meant the first part, about your childhood.

Ah that was a quote blatantly ripped off "A New Bunny", which in turn blatantly ripped it off SexyLosers

Orchid87 said:

Flynn Taggart sounds stupid in my opinion.

That's because it IS stupid. The books were not even part of the fucking timeline, goddamnit!
Doomguy sounds more fitting to me. Simple, but effective. ;)

HavoX said:

That's because it IS stupid. The books were not even part of the fucking timeline, goddamnit!

No one in real life would ever be named Flynn Taggart. I mean, really.

plums said:

No one in real life would ever be named Flynn Taggart. I mean, really.

Not quite sure about that statement. Parents can give a any name whichever they wants for their children.

Orchid87 said:

I never read Doom novels...

Give them a shot. The first book is definitely the best, after that most Doom fans probably won't dig it. The third and fourth books go totally off the rails, as in there's barely any Doom in them, although they're still fairly good sci-fi.

But yeah, that name is awful. Taggart is fine for a last name, but Flynn? Nah.

Doomguy is where it's at.

Gez said:

The readme consistently names him "You".

This kid got it right then!

(Its from the Creative Works forum)

Like many of you, I think naming him Flynn Taggart is rather dull. The problem is, there are many people who call him Flynn Taggart in main games.

I really like the primal concept of supposing to be 'you'. Personally it makes me more immersed in these games. I bet if I get VR set someday, then this immersion will be up to eleven.

Otherwise, I refer this character in this forum and alike as Doomguy. While I live in country where english is not native language, I call him something like Hero from Doom to people in real life.

Michael92 said:

While I live in country where english is not native language, I call him something like Hero from Doom to people in real life.

Well, considering his (alleged) link to the WolfenGuy, Blazkowicz, maybe a Polish or Russian name would fit him better. So if his grand-grand-father was "William" (Vasili?), he could be Ivan or Vladimir?