Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

Where to buy Doom 64?

I mean an actual real game that works on a European console. So far I have only found used copies on amazon.uk that either don't ship to Iceland or are out of stock :(

Don't know about Iceland, though here in Sweden I usually check local on-line stores for stuff like that. I ordered my European Doom 64 from GameShop. I usally check a price agent like PrisJakt or PriceRunner to see which store have what you want for the best price. Perhaps you have something similar in Iceland? Hope you'll be satisfied with a used copy though, finding a new is much harder and more expensive imo.
Good luck finding it! :)

If you don't mind ordering from the US, you could get a US console and game. Modern TVs are multi-system and can handle NTSC easily, compared to the past.

Tell you what man.

IF you're interested, we can work out a deal where I buy it and ship it to you in exchange for something. There's a store by my house that has copies pretty often, and I'd help you out there.

Get the NTSC version if you can, the game is more "correct" that way. Namely, you won't get a squished screen and the 30fps framerate will not stutter in 60hz as it will in 50hz.

I found a copy on Ebay. It even comes in the box with the manual and all. I also obtained a old TV from a friend so I can play the thing on an actual "proper" television.

I still have my copy of Doom 64 when it first came out in 1997, and the N64 still works like a charm. In fact, this thread has inspired me to go dust of the old N64 and load up Doom 64.