Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Li'l devil

Wolf 2009..

So, Wolfenstein 2009 isn't sold on Steam, isn't sold on GOG and i can't seem to find any legit copies on ebay. Of course, i can torrent it, but that's too easy and i try not to pirate anything, cause i'm a really good person.
So, is there a legit way to get Wolfenstein 2009 or is it gone forever?

And the same question applies to some other games. What about Silent Hill 2? (the original version, not the garbage "HD" remake..) Or some other old games?

ChekaAgent said:

So, Wolfenstein 2009 isn't sold on Steam, isn't sold on GOG and i can't seem to find any legit copies on ebay. Of course, i can torrent it, but that's too easy and i try not to pirate anything, cause i'm a really good person.
So, is there a legit way to get Wolfenstein 2009 or is it gone forever?

And the same question applies to some other games. What about Silent Hill 2? (the original version, not the garbage "HD" remake..) Or some other old games?

As far as I know Wolfenstein 2009 isn't sold new anymore. Raven is gone, it was published by Activision, and the IP is now held by Bethesda through their purchase of iD. Machinegames is making the new Wolfenstein games, but Wolfenstein 2009 has never been re-released. That may be due to copyright/patent issues with Activision, but probably more due to poor sales; why spend money re-releasing what was considered a turd?

As far as I know the only way to get a copy is buying one from Amazon or ebay, or another third party seller. Obviously companies aren't making new copies of games from 10-20 years ago. Same with Silent Hill 2, which I have a copy of on PS2 that I got from Amazon, but it wasn't cheap. There's always a way to play old games, but if you want an original copy you'll have to pay for it.

Well, now i did just find a PC copy of Wolf 2009 on Amazon, but it's only one single copy and it costs $65, which is ridiculous..
Looks like it's time to download utorrent again..

I played that one and fairly enjoyed it. Since The New Order was a direct sequel, I would have expected it to be re-released as part of the marketing campaign.

I mean, they brought back Quake IV of all things. Why not do the same with the clearly superior Wolfenstein 2009?

I could sell you my hard copy of it which I no longer play, but I don't know how expensive Australian post is nowadays nor the current currency conversion rates of your country to mine.

Yeah, it wasn't that great of a game. I rented it from Blockbuster, when those were still a thing, on Xbox 360. I enjoyed it enough, but I got to one of the final areas of the game, the fight with Hans Grösse, and it kept crashing. Yes, crashing on a console. I went to the internet and found out it was a bug in the game. If you replay a mission to find gold or secrets that you missed, it would routinely crash on the fight with Grösse. Not sure if they ever released a patch for it or not.

So it was a fun enough game, and it is rare, and if they start selling it for $20 I think it would do really well, I would buy it. But $60-100+, no, it's not worth that, not by a long shot, even when brand new.

I'v got it for ,360 and really enjoyed it personaly. Having it on pc steam enabled would be bad ass.

Picking it up used for console might be the easiest idea to play it legit, I did recently (after the new Doom, decided to play catchup on the Wolfenstein series).

Be warned though, there's a nasty bug if the game autosaves whilst you have the Leichenfaust 44 equipped.

Jello said:

I enjoyed it enough, but I got to one of the final areas of the game, the fight with Hans Grösse, and it kept crashing. Yes, crashing on a console.

Jayextee said:

Be warned though, there's a nasty bug if the game autosaves whilst you have the Leichenfaust 44 equipped.

I think those bugs are only on console version of the game. None of it happened when i played it on PC back in the day.
Upd: the only bug that did happen on my PC copy is that.. i couldn't launch the game at first, but that was problem with .exe file and i solved it by downloading and installing NoDVD crack and it worked.

ChekaAgent said:

I think those bugs are only on console version of the game. None of it happened when i played it on PC back in the day.
Upd: the only bug that did happen on my PC copy is that.. i couldn't launch the game at first, but that was problem with .exe file and i solved it by downloading and installing NoDVD crack and it worked.

So... you already have a PC copy that you played back in the day, and reportedly without any bugs; and you don't pirate because you're a really good person. Why don't you have a working copy now?

Oh, i've lost my Wolf 2009 copy long time ago.. Also, i think it was protected with a key so that it could only be activated on one computer, unless you crack it somehow.(upd: i'm saying this, because i now have a different computer)

Wasn't there some issue where Steam oddly only had a restricted number of codes for the game and and they basically ran out and couldn't get more or something?

Clonehunter said:

Wasn't there some issue where Steam oddly only had a restricted number of codes for the game and and they basically ran out and couldn't get more or something?

Something like that. It's a shame because I really want to play this.

ChekaAgent said:

What about Silent Hill 2? (the original version, not the garbage "HD" remake..) Or some other old games?

Wait a minute. They don't sell the original anymore? Just the remake?

I've only played the demo, and thought it was enjoyable as well. I liked the weapon upgrade shots, and I thought the "gore holes" your weapons punched in people were pretty cool effects.

Weird framerate drops when activating the talisman thing though and I don't know why they changed BJ's hair color, despite the fact it's a sequel to RtCW where BJ was blonde. And then the new Wolf made him blonde again. Did he just have an emo phase during the war and dyed his hair for a bit?

Ragnor said:

Wolfenstein 2009 was a really fun game. Will never understand the hate for it

Wolfenstein : Black Sun (I like to call it that way, instead of uninspiring title) has some nice features indeed. I liked the various weapons from conventional gunpowder arsenals to ultimate veil energy cannons. Weapon upgrades and finding secrets are also strong features of this game, in my opinion. These encourage me to explore every levels, from ordinary linear levels to opened non-linear midtown and downtown. Veil power system is quite good, too. Fully upgraded empower gives you unstoppable firepower by making bullets penetrate nearly everything. Although I was not a big fan of monochromatic teal-colored veil world.

But, there are few things I didn't like about it. The major flaw is regenerating health. This makes combat uninteresting since I don't need to struggle in order to find medikits to revive myself. All I need to do is hiding behind the cover until my sight is cleared. Plus, the AI and the difficulty are disappointing. Even the hardest difficulty was not a challenge at all, compare to the nightmare difficulty of Classic Doom or ultra-nightmare of Doom 2016. Combining regenerating health and thickheaded AI, the combat was not that satisfying, even if it has cool weapons and powerups. And yes, as I've mentioned earlier, I don't like that mediocre naming.

mistercow said:

what a time to shill ross scott

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4LaR1C6Xds

I had to pirate this some years ago (there hasnt been a legal way to get it for some time). Got to agree with the video review where the individual pieces of the game are designed very well but it doesn't come together to make the player care.

That said, the weapons were some of the most satisfying and fun to use in any fps.

I love/hate Wolf 2009.
While the actual gunplay is fine, its generic as hell and I don't love the iron sights style of FPS games. The veil stuff also was just meh.
I really liked some of the level design; the train station was fun, the catacombs where Nazis are digging up relics had a cool Indiana Jones feel to it, and the biggest standout is the farm in the middle of nowhere with a giant underground facility; such an awesome design.
I liked the idea of having this hub world connecting all the levels that overtime all the new enemies would start spawning in it, but it eventually became a slog trudging to the next new level.
Some of the weapons and animations were great. Using a rifle to shoot a Nazi in the throat, blood spews out and they start gagging while grabbing their throat and slowly keeling over. The particle weapon that obliterated Nazis was cool as hell too

Clonehunter said:

Cyanosis said:

Something like that. It's a shame because I really want to play this.

That was Prey, not Wolf 09. Wolf 09 was taken down because the online servers where shut down or something to that effect. Same deal with Quake Wars.

Except only Wolf 09 has a single player mode and Quake Wars doesn't so it shouldn't be treated the same way, they could always pull out of the multiplayer content including the separate MP executable and still sell it I would like to think.