Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Haunts you have visited

I have been fascinated by the concept of ghosts for a long time. I remember when the fascination started. I was in third grade. My mother purchased a disposable camera for me to take on our vacation to Florida. We left our house around midnight. On our way out the door, I dropped my camera and the flash went off. I was bummed because I thought I broke it. So I took a test shot to see of the flash would go off or not. It did, and then we left.

When we got back, we dropped off my camera at K Mart to get developed. When I got my pictures, I had forgotten about the test shot. When I came across it, I saw a creepy mist with a clearly visible torso with outstretched arms and the bottom half of a man's face not even three feet in front of my position. It was not humid out nor was there any precipitation. This was the only photo like it in the roll, so I dom't think it was a film issue either.

Now, onto the coolest haunt I have visited.

In Illinois, there is an abandoned mental hospital. This place is said to be the last place to perform a legal lobotomy. I went there at night with some friends a few years ago. We heard there was a lot of activity there. So we went, and for the most part it was boring. There was a lot of satanic graffiti, but other than that it was just an old building. There are apparently some tunnels underneath it that go for miles and miles, but we didn't investigate that.

Nothing spooky happened until we decided to leave. I am certain we were the only ones there. The way this place was built, you wouldn't be able to hide in the room we were in. Way too open. As we neared the threshold of the door, a plank of wopd flew across the room and hit the wall near me, nearly hitting me on the head. I turn around and point my flashlight only to see nothing. Dread instantly befell us and we left the premises and never went back. I do want to, though. I only wish I would have taken pictures.

Do any of you have stories?

I believe in ghosts too but always get shit for it so I never talk about it. But there are some things that are just so convincing and then others.. that are huge jokes. I'm looking at you discovery channel!

EDIT: Never experienced anything though

I've gotten shit before. But I just own the shit out of all my quirks. Don't be ashamed of what you're into, man. As long as you're not hurting anybody, fuck your opposition. Especially your dickheaded boss.

Didn't happen to me but my cousin lives in a house that belonged to my great uncle and belonged to some other family way before then.

Anyways my cousin has reported a couple of incidents. One was when he was about 5 years old he woke up in the middle of the night for no reason and decided to sleep with his parents as to feel more comfortable, he woke them up telling them that he'd feel more comfortable sleeping with them that night. Now keep in mind the only people that were in the house where him and his parents with his baby sister in a crib in the same room of his parents. As he got into bed with his parents, he saw the top of someone's head going down the stairs.

The second encounter was when he was around 15, he decided to take a nap in the middle of the day and when he awoke he saw a woman with a long red robe and hood in his closet (this is a walk in closet mind you) with her head bowed down slightly. At first he thought it was his mother doing some cleaning and when he called out "Mom?" and blinked the woman wasn't there anymore

Now the last encounter he had is the one he still cant get over. When my cousin 14 he awoke from his sleep suddenly to see the same woman he would see a year later in a white gown at the end of his bed. He started saying things like "fuck you" "Leave me the fuck alone" "Go away" and suddenly a coat hanger that was above his bed felldown.

I thought that he was joking but his family actually had to hire an exorcise or something like that.

Now I have another cousin and his family experienced some weird things in their house as well.

First of all they have a deck that circles around their house in a loop, anyways my aunt awoke to the sound of stomping around on their deck and as she looked out the window she saw a young boy run by on the deck, at first she thought for some reason my cousin who was 8 at the time somehow decided to run around on the deck in the middle of the night, however when she checked in his room he was fast asleep.

The last even I find a hard to believe, but anyways by cousins sister who was about 4 at the time was sleeping with her mother and the bed room door was open. She saw what seemed to be a young boy out in the hall way and she started to tell her mother "Hey mom look its john, its john" but her mother was still asleep. She decided to go and speak to the boy and when she crawled back into bed it woke he mother up and she asks "where did you go?" She told her that there was a young boy in the hall and he told her that he had no parents. When they went to go look, there was no one to be seen.

They did the same thing by calling up the exorcist or what ever and they haven't had anymore of these events.

That's a crazy story, man.

I remember when I was a kid playing in the gymnasium of our local church seeing one of those "shadow people". I remember it vividly. My mom was in her office preparing the bulletins for that Sunday's sermon, and I was by myself shooting hoops.

I looked across the gym and noticed through the window on the door a solid black figure slowly walking by, turning it's head and looking right at me. I ran to my mother's office and told her that I saw a man walking around the sanctuary area and she thought maybe it was the pastor coming in to check on something. But when she looked out in the parking lot, there was nobody parked there.

She then assured me that it was just my imagination and went back to her work. I found her "whatever" attitude weird because she always used to say how she'd hear whispers in the building whenever she was there alone.

We never found out who or what it was.

I belive in Ghost and Paranormal stuff, yet i was never able to see one.
Some of my friends did and they are not into this type of stuff.

I always wanted to visit a haunted place, but I don't know anyone who shares my morbid fascination for the paranormal, and there's no way in hell i'd go alone. Also, watching too many horror movies has left paranoid about this sort of thing. I mean, what if ghosts are real and I get fucked or something?

HorrorMovieGuy said:

I mean, what if ghosts are real and I get fucked or something?

If it was a ghost of a hot chick I'd let it happen.

If you're ever in the Chicago area let me know, I'll go with you. Haha

Closest thing I can think of was one early morning where I glanced out a kitchen window and saw what I thought looked like a woman in a white dress running away from the windows and around the side of the house. When I looked out another window on the side it ran to there was no one there. I just chalked it up to a hallucination from not having had any sleep for the last 30 hours. Couldn't have been an actual person since the entire property was fenced in, and the side it disappeared at didn't have a gate and was edged by thick slippery elms on the outer side.

I love paranormal related stuff!
This was like 3 months after my dad died, I was with my sister in our parent's bedroom watching TV, so I decided to go to the bathroom, looked for no reason to the window and the curtain moved, asked my sister if she sawed that and she said 'no' and in the same moment the curtain moved again.

I have lots of stories because small stuff like moving curtains or steps happens as well more heavy things like moving things in front of people, doors opening/closing, whispers, door handle moving, knocks in doors/windows, and something VERY creepy that happened lately to my brother:
He always stays in the second floor of my house in front of the TV in a sofa, from that perspective he can see the stairs, his and my bedroom (no one is in my bedroom currently, 'cuz i'm not in the house because of college), so sometimes he sees a white figure that shows up very fast in the room's shadows, according to him, the figure looks like a 50-60 years old person and scares the shit outta him.
___
After writing that now I remember that the first time that happened I was with him, he was talkin to me and we were in front of my room that was with the door opened and no lights on, just the lights of the stairs and the big room where th TV and sofa are, when suddenly the figure does something like peeping and my brother freaked out and so did I LoL.

Anyways, it could be so cool if ppl post some pictures or video taken that has paranormal stuff :)

I've been to a few small abandoned buildings, but nothing spooky. Unless you're afraid of Mexican restaurants.

I think my Dad told me this one story where he played a Queen cassette and the song "Another One Bites The Dust" would play backwards on it's own, that's why he just flat out hates that curtain song by Queen.

I never really got to experience a ghost encounter, however.

On a unrelated note ya got yourself losered again damnit.

Tritnew said:

I think my Dad told me this one story where he played a Queen cassette and the song "Another One Bites The Dust" would play backwards on it's own, that's why he just flat out hates that curtain song by Queen.

I never really got to experience a ghost encounter, however.

On a unrelated note ya got yourself losered again damnit.

If i recall correctly when "Another one bites the dust" is played in reverse it sounds like there saying "Its fun to smoke marijuana"

Don't you hate ghost stories, you have to read them because they're so interesting but as soon as you're done you feel like you're suddenly not alone.. and then you look outside and it's dark, way darker than it was 30 mins ago when you started to read. And then you get a cold tinkle that runs up and down your back, leaving a fuzzy sensation in your head...

This happens to me everytime haha and I hate it so much but I can't stop reading

TheNerdTurtle2 said:

Don't you hate ghost stories, you have to read them because they're so interesting but as soon as you're done you feel like you're suddenly not alone.. and then you look outside and it's dark, way darker than it was 30 mins ago when you started to read. And then you get a cold tinkle that runs up and down your back, leaving a fuzzy sensation in your head...

This happens to me everytime haha and I hate it so much but I can't stop reading

This hasn't happened to me since I was a kid. Now I usually just get bored.

I'm genuinely confused by the idea that ghosts are always scary or hostile. If a ghost needed to accomplish some task before it could truly leave the world of the living (ugh, these nonsense words hurt the mind) then why not work with people?

Of course, I'm convinced people are just wracked by their guilt over things relating to their relationships with the recently deceased and imagine all kinds of weirdness. Ghosts are nonsense. Therefore, if anyone ever offers me a pile of money to stay in a haunted house I'll bring a good book, and stuff to make tea, and go for it.

Your results may vary depending on whether or not the house's hauntings are caused by infrasound. If it is, expect an instinctual, overbearing feeling of dread and freaky hallucinations as your eyeballs vibrate.

Jaxxoon R said:

Your results may vary depending on whether or not the house's hauntings are caused by infrasound. If it is, expect an instinctual, overbearing feeling of dread and freaky hallucinations as your eyeballs vibrate.

I was unaware of this phenomenon until now. How interesting!

I'm genuinely confused by the idea that ghosts are always scary or hostile. If a ghost needed to accomplish some task before it could truly leave the world of the living (ugh, these nonsense words hurt the mind) then why not work with people?

It would make sense if ghosts retained their human capacity for reasoning; but having a warped perspective might make them see potential allies as enemies. Given that actual living people can end up that way with mere brain chemistry malfunction (schizophrenia, paranoia, etc.), it wouldn't be a stretch for a lost soul wandering in some kind of ethereal limbo to suffer from even worse conditions.