Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snapshot

Blood Revival Crowd-funding Campaign

So in case if you didn't know, the Founder of Monolith "Jace Hall" wants to bring Back Blood, He wants some Crowdfunding campaign to see how many people are interested in it, Do you think it will succeed ? :

The Twin Galaxies said:

So anyway, I started to wonder if perhaps there might be enough interest out there in seeing this truly revived?

Perhaps its multiplayer BLOODBATH could even evolve to an eSport! ;)

Maybe someone should start a crowd funding campaign to gauge and prove interest?

You see, Monolith sold the publishing rights for Blood and its sequel to GT Interactive. GTI was later acquired by Infogrames, which has since been renamed to Atari. Over the last 15 years, Atari has been divided, bought, sold and reconfigured numerous times. Monolith itself was acquired by Warner Bros. Entertainment, which now theoretically owns the Blood trademark and intellectual property.

But the truth is that the rights status and the entire history are a bit complex and basically there are around 3 people on Earth who truly understand that complexity, none of which are currently at Atari or WB.

Since it is my name and signature that is on all the Blood related contracts and deals - assuming a large enough crowd funding effort, I know I could help move the needle on this. But do enough people care?

Things that make you go hmm...

Full Article : http://www.twingalaxies.com/content.php/4192-Blood-Should-It-Live-Again
Facebook Post : https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154160432594303&set=a.367646344302.152156.623404302&type=3

It won't succeed, it will fail and the reason is obvious, Atari is stupid and retarded.
No matter how much money you are willing to give Atari, they won't allow that to happen, which is a shame and sad, considering that Blood is the most refined of the Build engine games.

I Thought atari no longer holds Blood rights .

Jace Hall said:

But the truth is that the rights status and the entire history are a bit complex and basically there are around 3 people on Earth who truly understand that complexity, none of which are currently at Atari or WB.

Since it is my name and signature that is on all the Blood related contracts and deals - assuming a large enough crowd funding effort, I know I could help move the needle on this.

Well, even if Atari doesn't have the rights, this will still not succeed, mostly because even though there's people willing to support this, the money will not be enough.
Not to mention WB has an anti-pc vedetta, like the MKX and Batman:Arkham Knight pc port fiasco.

I want a new Blood, but I really want it done right. I find most crowd funding to be a little lacking, as despite the funding some gets you never really get the product you hope for.

Regardless, I want a crowd funded Blood over no Blood.

I would gladly donate to this. I want this to succeed more than I can ever say. Blood is such an amazing game and it deserves to come back!

I dunno, it's hard to take anything Jace Hall does seriously. It's like he's constantly overachieving and acting before thinking it through.