Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

In which state do you reside? (U.S. Residents)

Connecticut. Was born here, moved to Kentucky when I was 8, lived there until I was 21 and moved back up here. Most of my friends down there turned into drug addicts and backstabbing scumbags so I don't much regret it. Though I miss the cost of living and the way of life. So laid back down that way. Loved the small town life. Little country restaurants and shops. Can't beat it :)

I'm curious about everyone's favorite and least favorite aspects of the state you live(d) in?

In Hawaii: It was absolutely my idea of paradise on earth, but everything was too expensive and loaves of bread always seemed stale for some reason. In Florida: I got along with a lot of people, but career and education prospects seemed incredibly limited. I'm glad to be living in Aus now but I'm certainly overdue for a visit home.

ChekaAgent said:

I dunno, i just wanted to post something..

If you didn't already have such a great custom title, I'd definitely suggest this one.

I live outside Cincinnati.

"Welcome to the Jungle" is the motto here... minus a few gorillas as of late, of course.

Doomkid said:

I'm curious about everyone's favorite and least favorite aspects of the state you live(d) in?

Here where I live, it's basically a city, I guess it's our New York here in New Mexico.

Lots of famous artists come here sometimes, I think Nine Inch Nails came here about two years ago. I never got to see them in concert.

The flaws are probably:

1. Awful traffic
2. HOT AS ALL FUCK
3. I live in a trailer park (I'm trailer park trash amirite?) where fucked up druggies reside.

But other then that, there's a lot more to do than where I was in Farmington.

Washington State.

It's decent (Western Washington), weather is fair, only 2 seasons in my opinion is Spring and Winter. Sometimes Summer shows up, but only for a few days to cool down and rain again... Oh Rain. Lots of it but don't see flooding as much except in Chehalis.
Where's the snow? It's winter aaaaand coold, but it's either too cold and dry or too wet and warm. Dont say mountains, they are lucky at times.

Here are my top fives most loved and most hated things about living in Illinois Chicago South Suburbs:

Love

1. Our accent - It seems to be the most easily understood of all English dialects

2. Our food - Italian Beef and Deep Dish pizza are Chicago staples. Fuck yeah.

3. Our winters - Bitter cold for a good four months of the year.

4. Our metal scene - Some fine acts have come out of Chicago. Static X and Bongripper are two of my favorites. Other bands from Chicago: Disturbed, Ministry, Macabre, and November's Doom.

5. Our history - Especially during the prohibition era.

Hate

1. Our people - We have a lot of idiots. The closer you get to Chicago, the more idiots you encounter. If it isn't the trend mongering scum, it's the criminal scum.

2. Our summers - Every bit as brutal as our winters, except I hate hot weather, so this just sucks.

3. Our laws - A lot of them are just dumb

4. Our politians - We seem to breed some whackjobs

5. Tornado season - We might not get as much as Florida or Texas...but we still get a good amount and I hate them.

TraceOfSpades said:

4. Our metal scene - Some fine acts have come out of Chicago. Static X and

Wrong, static x came out out of michigan. RIP Wayne.

Texas here.
I like not having to pay state income tax, always nice, but I dislike most of the people in the government, especially Dan Patrick, lieutenant governor, who "mistakenly" posted a rather hateful bible quote after the Orlando shooting.
This is what he quoted:
Do not be deceived, God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. That he is very anti lgbt doesn't help him either.
We also have Ken Paxton, attorney general, who's facing charges from the SEC for securities fraud, and a bar complaint for encouraging county clerks to refuse marriage licenses to same-sex couples.

Before I post please be kind. I will greatly appall and excite you to the utter brink of overload.

I currently live in:

Spoiler

Idaho

What I like about it is:
Spoiler

It's Idaho - It's great for people who like adventure and who have the means to that end.

What I hate about it is:
Spoiler

It's Idaho - Jam packed with unfair laws and 85% of people are so underemployed that they cannot experience Idaho as mentioned above.

Anyways if you live in my state please feel free to PM me I will appreciate your reply.

MrGlide said:

Wrong, static x came out out of michigan. RIP Wayne.

Seems like we're both wrong and right.

Wayne was born in Michigan and moved to Chicago. When I saw Static X in Tinley Park, he started the set by saying, "It's great to be back in my hometown of fuckin' Chicago!" Which is where I got my information from.

A quick Wikipedia search will show that Static X was actually formed in Los Angeles.

TraceOfSpades said:

Illinois

apparently we don't have a state budget either, which is mildly inconvenient university-side :p

Ribbiks said:

apparently we don't have a state budget either, which is mildly inconvenient university-side :p

Yeah, at least that isn't affecting the funding for junior colleges.

everennui said:

I live in MN, but WI, IL and IA are a stones throw away.

I was born in Forest Lake, MN. Lived in St. Paul for the majority of my life.

I love the cold but fucking hate snow, and I hate heat even more, so I was very happy to get out of MN. Also apparently I have an accent.

Currently living in Oregon.

Minnesota. Winters are perfect but summers are way too hot. People are generally nice, though it gives pause for thought that my congressional district elected Michele Bachmann.

There's a decent airport 20 minutes away, so it is quite convenient for global travel. And lots of places are less than 20 hours' drive away.

Grazza said:

And lots of places are less than 20 hours' drive away.

Are your sure If I were to drive 20 hours from where I live, going the speed limit, I would be anywhere I want in the northwest and Utah and still have time to sit and relax once I got there. Are you driving out of state because that state is big but not that big.

Allright, for real this time: state of Virginia, coast. Where you can't get anywhere without crossing some fucking bridge, where said bridges happen to have a wreck on them daily. But also where anywhere worth visiting is up to 5 hours away.

I have aunt and uncle who live in MN. Nice place from what I hear. They ice fish in the winters, I wish MI lower peninsula got the amount of snow that MN gets every year. My aunt and uncle use to drive from MN to IL for 16 hours in one sitting, so we could see them for the holidays

Royal_Sir said:

Allright, for real this time: state of Virginia, coast. Where you can't get anywhere without crossing some fucking bridge, where said bridges happen to have a wreck on them daily. But also where anywhere worth visiting is up to 5 hours away.

Lol omg yes. Luckily I live on the busy peninsula (never thought I'd say that, lol). We got plenty around here if you just know where to look :D

Btw, you need to add to your list of virtues: where the road construction crews have their shit together so well, I've forgotten what a clean road looks like.

Cool also to hear about Hawaii from DK, I was born there, but moved at a young age, so I don't remember it. But that does sound like what I've always heard. Paradise with both a major cost and (perishable) freshness problem.

Virginia Beach, VA. It's ok, I guess.

I've got a nice LAN setup, and I'm in dire need for a Doom sparring partner. Actually, coop is the mode I need testing help on, via my source port, which hosts a pretty slick coop game.

If you're in the area, and you're not a psycho :), send me a PM. Adults, please, male or female. Smoker optional. Let's hook up and play some coop!

Just saw: Fonze and Royal_Sir: VA. Cool! Let's rock.

Grazza said:

Minnesota. Winters are perfect but summers are way too hot. People are generally nice, though it gives pause for thought that my congressional district elected Michele Bachmann.

You have a strange definition of perfect my friend. MN winters can be down right chaotic. I remember back in 2014 I used to walk about 30 minutes to work at night, and there were cars stuck in the street all the way up to my work. Not to mention going down the highway and every 10 minutes seeing a spun out car in a ditch.

Are you some sort of chaotic snow demon?

Add me to the list of Virginians. And I'm also in VA Beach, although I am closer to Norfolk where my campus is.

Royal_Sir said:

Where you can't get anywhere without crossing some fucking bridge, where said bridges happen to have a wreck on them daily.

It's more likely that we get some dumb tourist, who has never seen a tunnel before, slowing down literally everyone behind them because theyre afraid of it. The funny thing is that everyone starts speeding up as soon as they see sunlight. Of course the wrecks are worse, when things just stop.