Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

In which state do you reside? (U.S. Residents)

Snow is great, especially when it's kind of dark and cloudy outside. It's so moody.

Expect for the fuckin' frostbites you get when you hold a snowball for too long while aiming for a shot.

Like I said, I love cold weather, but I hate snow. When I experienced my first Oregon winter it was downright bizarre to not see any snow. When spring came it hailed so hard sometimes the ground looked like it was covered in snow...

I do get strange looks here though when it's cold and I'm in a t-shirt and shorts.

CARRiON said:

Like I said, I love cold weather, but I hate snow. When I experienced my first Oregon winter it was downright bizarre to not see any snow. When spring came it hailed so hard sometimes the ground looked like it was covered in snow...

I do get strange looks here though when it's cold and I'm in a t-shirt and shorts.

I love my winter attire. It is literally my summer attire plus a trench coat and a skull cap. Sometimes a bandana covering the lower half of my face if it's windy.

kb1 said:

Virginia Beach, VA. It's ok, I guess.

I've got a nice LAN setup, and I'm in dire need for a Doom sparring partner. Actually, coop is the mode I need testing help on, via my source port, which hosts a pretty slick coop game.

If you're in the area, and you're not a psycho :), send me a PM. Adults, please, male or female. Smoker optional. Let's hook up and play some coop!

Just saw: Fonze and Royal_Sir: VA. Cool! Let's rock.

Hell yeah man; I might be willing to do something like that, but likely not for another month, and I'd need to get to know you better before wanting to do anything in-person, but it could be fun. Maybe get a 4-way with all four of us Virginians. Seems like we're all on the 2 main peninsulas.

One thing I miss, living in VA, is the snow. We get one, maybe one, halfway decent snow storm per year. Living next to the water tends to moderate the temperatures. I used to live in Iceland; that place was beautiful through both of its seasons.

NE Ohio here.

It'd be fun if there was an Ohio DW gathering, but I dunno if anyone would really want to come.

[UD]Earthquake is from Ohio. He isn't around so much, but he was quite active up until 2013. He might be around still but he doesn't log in to #zdplayers anymores

Getsu Fune said:

Add me to the list of Virginians. And I'm also in VA Beach, although I am closer to Norfolk where my campus is.

It's more likely that we get some dumb tourist, who has never seen a tunnel before, slowing down literally everyone behind them because theyre afraid of it. The funny thing is that everyone starts speeding up as soon as they see sunlight. Of course the wrecks are worse, when things just stop.

Yeah, people lose it in the tunnel. They've got people staffed there 24/7 to drive you and your car through if you panic! They had to run antennae through there to keep your radio/GPS/cell phones working, to try to minimize fear! Sure, I can see it being claustrophobic, but isn't it worse if you stay in the tunnel?

Wanna play some weekend custom coop?

Fonze said:

Hell yeah man; I might be willing to do something like that, but likely not for another month, and I'd need to get to know you better before wanting to do anything in-person, but it could be fun. Maybe get a 4-way with all four of us Virginians. Seems like we're all on the 2 main peninsulas.

One thing I miss, living in VA, is the snow. We get one, maybe one, halfway decent snow storm per year. Living next to the water tends to moderate the temperatures. I used to live in Iceland; that place was beautiful through both of its seasons.

Not a big fan of the snow. Sure, it was great getting out of school when we got 1 inch of snow - heh.

I can currently handle 3-way coop (only 3 working PCs), but that can be changed. I guess I'm your standard Doomer: Programmer, love D&D, fast cars, sweet women. Play lead metal guitar, collect skulls, pre-80s computers. Have a cool cat. Over 40. Smoker. Enjoy bachelor life. I believe in empathy, honesty, generosity, and common-sense. Very modest drinker if any. High on life. Despise liars, cheaters, thieves. Being too PC pisses me off.

If you're respectable, have transportation, and can handle cigarette smoke, send me a PM - we'll do some weekend killing!

^^^To people who say my posts are pointless! Boom! I made a real life friendship happen. Suck it down!